NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #105 on: <06-20-14/1456:29> »
Ok, I think Red's supposed to go before Sam, but he's being quiet at the moment, so I'm just going to throw this out there:

From the description, the thugs are unloading out of the side door of the van. Is there enough room that Sam can run his car up that side & block it? Potentially hitting the thugs in the process? :D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <06-20-14/1603:20> »
No, that description would be inaccurate.  The van's cargo doors on the right side and the rear are open, but only one guy is at the side who is cutting the cargo straps.  The cases have to be removed through the back, where the most of the guys are.

As to your tactical idea, you can try to pin then into the van, and hit one or two, but you risk damaging your car and the van.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <06-22-14/0654:16> »
Sorry for my silence here, been wrapping up a term paper for a spring course (suggestion: never take more than one simultaneous spring/summer course; you're gonna have a bad time) and dealing with serious writer's block in the process.  Should be able to post something tomorrow.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <06-22-14/1214:54> »
It happens.  Just kick that enemy hacker out of our van.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <06-24-14/1050:48> »
I am going to assume that Fionn will concentrate on doing just that, and move on.  Thvor, take Torley's first action as Fionn slumps in the passenger seat.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <06-24-14/1236:03> »
If you just drive your car close to the rear of our van, they can't get the cases out.  A full size red samoerai armour is quite large I guess (at least man sized of course).  So if you park your car one foot from the rear of the van, it's impossible to get it out.  And you might end up breaking legs of the guy at the back.  Gives you bonus points.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #111 on: <06-24-14/1241:38> »
I wrote up everything in my post prior to actually making the roll, so I had no clue how well it'd work out. Naturally, it's up to the GM to determine exactly what those six hits are good for, but since that's the threshold for "extreme" vehicle tests, I'm hopeful that some good stuff'll happen. 8)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #112 on: <06-26-14/2327:43> »
Initiative Order?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #113 on: <06-26-14/2355:14> »
Well, Sam's done; he only gets one pass. Good luck, all you speedy characters. :)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #114 on: <06-27-14/0014:21> »
At the very least, you used your one pass very well.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: <06-27-14/0021:25> »
I think we can use your action to our advantage :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <06-27-14/0112:45> »
So if I've seen correct we have the following order:
O'Connor 13
Clem 10
Fionn 9
Sam and Sammy 8

and the thugs are in there somewhere (I don't know their score), but now it's O'Connor.  Go loose.  ;)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <06-27-14/0631:48> »
I'll post Clem's actions as well and if the thugs go before her, I'll just delete the post.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <06-29-14/1223:05> »
The thugs are not enhanced.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <06-29-14/1306:02> »
Okay, first off point blank is a +2 dice and is not applicable to these attacks, that is more of a muzzle-on-skin kind of bonus, IMO.  I know the rulebook says anything under a meter, but I really don't like that definition, and I feel like it requires some further clarity.  I am also applying an additional -1 to the pool for the general awkwardness of shooting from the seat of car.  Since I don't think this will cause either of you to want to reroll, I will go ahead and resolve the shots.

Register