NEWS

Run and Gun Errata

• 127 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #75 on: <05-08-14/2046:16> »
Furious Trope
Check the Active Defenses section later on in the book. It is very clear that Dodge cannot be used against ranged attacks, only melee and ramming attacks.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #76 on: <05-09-14/0458:19> »
The dodge interrupt action (Pg 168, SR5), unlike block and parry, doesn't specify "melee" as the kind of attack it can be used against.
((It's stated to be against Melee on multiple different occasions in the book. The reason it's not listed everywhere as against melee, is because it can also be used against Ramming. But in Ranged vs Melee, it only works against melee. Page 188 and 191, as well as 203.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

mjack

• Chummer
« Reply #77 on: <05-09-14/1814:27> »
Pg. 119: The Brain Blaster combat action is not explicitly said to lose the -5 Defensive modifier of a Long Burst for the benefit of the +2 DV modifier as it is described for the Aimed Burst combat action. I suppose both actions are meant to work similar.

Calak

• Newb
« Reply #78 on: <05-12-14/0452:30> »
ON PAGE 24. there is stats and pricing for the 'static shaft' in the table for 'arrow heads'
there is no mention of weather this item can be used in combination with arrow heads (as its name and price implies it is a arrow shaft)
there is also no description write up for said item,

Urban tribe tomahawk says in its description it is balanced for throwing. there is no reference what rules to use for throwing range dispite the fact it is labeled under throwing weapons. (i have noticed both knives and shurakin use different ranges which is why i am posting this)

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <05-12-14/0906:43> »
ON PAGE 24. there is stats and pricing for the 'static shaft' in the table for 'arrow heads'
there is no mention of weather this item can be used in combination with arrow heads (as its name and price implies it is a arrow shaft)

Urban tribe tomahawk says in its description it is balanced for throwing. there is no reference what rules to use for throwing range dispite the fact it is labeled under throwing weapons. (i have noticed both knives and shurakin use different ranges which is why i am posting this)

I think we can safely assume that something called "shaft" is a shaft.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <05-12-14/1003:24> »
PI-Tac Level I on pg 105 has an availability of 18F yet the description describes it as available to civilians. 

To expound upon this.  The fluff and description all seem to indicate that this should be R instead of F
PI-Tac units are now available to civilians—once said civilian has passed a background check and been issued a permit

comes in three levels of sophistication. Strictly speaking, only the most basic level is legally available for civilian use.

The 18F seems like it should be a 12R for the Level 1 model, but I suppose any number would work, as long as it was R instead of F to support the description of the model's availability.
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

RiggerBob

• Chummer
« Reply #81 on: <05-14-14/1057:32> »

Quote from: R&G, p.24
The Stick ‘n’ Shock head is only a small portion of this latest archery  innovation.  Bowmen  who  want  to  gain  the  full potential  of  these  heads  need  to  combine  them with Static Shafts, an Ares innovation that fills the shaft with a powder that builds a charge during flight.

fenrir4life

• Newb
« Reply #82 on: <05-17-14/1936:05> »
p. 139: Knucklebreaker
Lists as "close combat only", but there are no fighting styles that grant it for Called Shot: Disarm.  Chakram Fighting, Kyujutsu, and The Cowboy Way grant it for Blast Out Of Hand.
Also, the wording is unusual- unlike most modifiers that affect one of two maneuvers, depending on style, the text on Knucklebreaker appears to be a relic of an earlier model where techniques were not restricted by style.
At the risk of further editorializing, I can see this being difficult to correct without either removing techniques from a handful of styles or breaking the "6 techniques per style" rule.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #83 on: <05-17-14/1948:28> »
I see your point, Fenrir4Life, but I disagree with how hard it would be to fix the issue.  Just remove the "Close Combat Only" text.  Blast Out of Hands is described on page 111.  Basically, if you're using the Blast Out of Hands Called Shot, you get to apply the Knucklebreaker bonus.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

fenrir4life

• Newb
« Reply #84 on: <05-17-14/2012:21> »
Well, clearly, it was never Close Combat Only, but the solution you are suggesting would make it Ranged Only... which, if that's what they want to do with it, fine, but there's plenty of justification for it with called shot: disarm, especially in Krav Maga and its Corporate and NAN equivalents.

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <05-20-14/0036:13> »
Page 133, Okichitaw lists as one of Techniques available Hard Technique (Parry)
No Hard Technique listed in the Techniques.
There is Opposing Force on Page 139, which in the fluff says "It can also be termed as the Strong or Hard technique."

Either the title of the Technique needs to change, or the listing under Okichitaw needs to be changed to reflect the actual name of the Technique

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #86 on: <05-20-14/0122:14> »
Pg. 30 (Fichetti Executive Action) and Pg. 33 (Savalette Guardian): What again was the idea behind pistols with BF Mode for a Complex Action when this is identical to a SA Burst? Ok, makes some sense when used with an Aimed Burst action (Pg. 119). But, the Double-Tap action (Pg. 120) for SA Mode has the same benefit of DV +1 while consuming one round less.

Pretty Sure BF as a Complex should be removed/Ignored, as it seems to be a Copy Paste error from SR4, where SA weapons did not have a Semi-Auto Burst Mode, so they gave BF mode as a Complex.

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #87 on: <05-23-14/2146:24> »
Please make the wording on Custom Fit (Stack) clearer; the way it is now, "Custom Fit by the same maker for the same person", the "same maker" can be read to mean either the same manufacturer, or the same person who did the Custom Fit on both sets.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #88 on: <05-23-14/2149:44> »
Please make the wording on Custom Fit (Stack) clearer; the way it is now, "Custom Fit by the same maker for the same person", the "same maker" can be read to mean either the same manufacturer, or the same person who did the Custom Fit on both sets.

I disagree that this errata is necessary; please see this post for details and discussion.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #89 on: <05-23-14/2151:21> »

I disagree that this errata is necessary; please see this post for details and discussion.

And please see this one for a reason as to why it's not as clear as SlowDeck makes it seem.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work