NEWS

Run & Gun is Live!

• 158 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #45 on: <04-10-14/2054:27> »
Technically, we do have '6 slots', but rather than having 6 internal capacity 'slots' with items taking variable amount of slots, we have 6 mount-slots that things can go into, so things can clash more easily in some cases. Kinda weird how ML, Electronic Firing and such are missing.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <04-10-14/2058:19> »
And there are a few things that don't take up any slots.  Slightly annoyed to see Firing Selection Change be absent, too.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #47 on: <04-10-14/2104:24> »
Finally got to TacNet and I wonder if TacNet1 is perhaps meant to be 12R instead of 18F.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <04-10-14/2105:48> »
Double clips was the mod I was really hoping for--my sniper rifle needs to be able to toggle from lethal to non-lethal.

Any yeah, Michael, for something that is used by paintballers, you'd think it wouldn't a) be some damn expensive and b) not forbidden to own.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #49 on: <04-10-14/2106:22> »
Finally got to TacNet and I wonder if TacNet1 is perhaps meant to be 12R instead of 18F.

The cost is absolutely terrible, but not immediately "this makes no sense".  But yeah, the "basic, civilian package" that's supposedly used by big game hunters being Forbidden doesn't make any sense at all.  Forbidden means no civilian can legally own it ever.

Any yeah, Michael, for something that is used by paintballers, you'd think it wouldn't a) be some damn expensive and b) not forbidden to own.

Ugh!  I forgot that detail of the previous TacNet.  That really makes this edition's TacNets seem totally unfathomable.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <04-10-14/2112:19> »

The cost is absolutely terrible, but not immediately "this makes no sense".  But yeah, the "basic, civilian package" that's supposedly used by big game hunters being Forbidden doesn't make any sense at all.  Forbidden means no civilian can legally own it ever.

Ugh!  I forgot that detail of the previous TacNet.  That really makes this edition's TacNets seem totally unfathomable.

To add fuel to the fire, the general text regarding tacnet: "PI-Tac units are now available to civilians—once said civilian has passed a background check and been issued a permit." which is pretty much the definition of restricted gear (and I guess indicates the need to buy a new fake license).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #51 on: <04-10-14/2120:01> »
I'm also confused by the costs. Is that per unit, or as general price for an entire set/server/something that the entire team can run on?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <04-10-14/2127:29> »
Based on the description I would say that is the cost of one unit where one unit can be used by DR x 1.5 so a PI-Tac I unit can be used by up to six members.  Still frakking expensive even split 6 ways. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #53 on: <04-10-14/2150:05> »
We got another weird case: AV rounds, AV Assault Cannon rounds and Hi-C rounds are not in the book, but they are listed in Ammo Whammy.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #54 on: <04-10-14/2243:29> »
I always wondered; how come there's no way to have a skillsoft of a martial arts technique?
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #55 on: <04-10-14/2356:28> »
I know it's probably a small thing but on the vehicle called shots it list most things. It the one that would be, IMO, the most common thing to shoot at the tires.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <04-11-14/0317:04> »
Soooo....combat chainsaw, huh? How'd the quote again?

"A chainsaw!? Oh yeah, just go right ahead and advertise the fact that you're a raving lunatic who doesn't care about splattering blood all over twenty witnesses who can positively I.D. Us?"

"...But...it's so cool..."
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #57 on: <04-11-14/0629:54> »
I know it's probably a small thing but on the vehicle called shots it list most things. It the one that would be, IMO, the most common thing to shoot at the tires.
Well technically shooting out tires is already specified in SR5 core, page 205. So I'm guessing it uses a normal -4.

gmoney999

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <04-11-14/0922:57> »
How did shock gloves get nerved? didn't see that.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <04-11-14/0935:06> »
How did shock gloves get nerved? didn't see that.

Page 124 under "Touch-Only Attack."  "These attacks don't benefit from net hits on the attack to increase Damage Value."  From a "it makes sense, mostly" standpoint, I don't have a problem with it, but there are a low of low Str characters out there who need to rethink their melee backup option.