NEWS

Johnson looking for a new crew. (PbP)

• 131 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-07-14/1330:25> »
Got to admit Mortimer you look real good on paper. But good on paper and good when the drek hits the fan are two different things. Chummer's who've seen action can start having flashbacks that interfere with the job. And wired reflexes can kill friendlies as well as enemies when you can't tell friend from foe anymore.

And that's my way of saying jeez but I really wish you'd popped in and applied earlier, Because I really do want you. You've got the RL skills to talk to me and both of us enjoy the conversation. If you want 4th alt position you've got it. But, with 4 alt's on the list the guys making up 1-6 are definitely going to get me their backstories and chara sheets asap so they don't lose their spots. You're chance of seeing real game time would be like me bullseyeing a target with a tomahawk. If I knew you better I'd make a game just for you ;) Any chance I can talk you into making a game just for me? As you've seen it's extremely easy to get a group of runners together.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-07-14/1347:54> »
Denver, eh?  Drek, I'm gonna need a better SIN.  Those border crossing are frakked.   8)

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-07-14/1417:20> »
You can't handle it chummer then you'd best bow out now. I need runners who can get themselves into and out of every situation as easily as they get into and out of bed. I mind my own business as to whose bed it is.

;)

Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <04-07-14/1417:54> »
No problem smiles... maybe I can get in on the next run.  It's true that most player made mercs are just bullet sprayers!  Think less Arnold Schwarzenegger, and more SEAL Team 6.  It's true that wired reflexes can cause issues, but some initiative booster is absolutely necessary to stay competitive in the combat arena.  The gunsmithing/arms dealer contacts allows me (and my group) to always have the right tools for the job (silencers, stun/AP ammo, multi-warhead grenades like smoke/teargas combo), and the ability to use machine guns bring CC (crowd control) to the table.  When using these heavy weapons in a covering fire mode, I force the enemy to use their first actions to run for cover or die while my team picks of stragglers or find cover of their own.  This allows my team to effectively "choose" the actions that the enemy will take instead of waiting to react to what the enemy intends to do!  You will always win a game of chess when you get to play both sides.  Grenade launchers allow me to lay smoke screens for my team to duck out of an imbalanced fight or take out an armored vehicle full of corp cops before they can enter the battle.  A cheap disposable rocket launcher can lay waste to those pesky observation drones, blinding the enemy.  I would say that this kind of character is all about battlefield control.  Anyway, keep me in mind and I'll join the next game.

Cheers

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <04-07-14/1429:24> »
As for GMing a game myself... I would love too!  I'm a massive stickler for game pace.  That is to say that I HAVE to know the rules inside and out so I don't bog things down.  At the moment I don't feel that I know the 5th ed rules well enough (I never bought 4th ed so I still have the mindset of a 2nd/3rd edition GM.  I'll be making a few trips to a gaming store in Athens, Ga over the next couple weeks where I can talk with people who know the rules inside and out.  Once I have a good grasp on the new rules I will be running fairly regular games both live and PbP.  The first campaign is one that I've been dreaming up for the past few years called "For the Children".  A group of orphan children (ages 6 to 12) grow up in the basement of an abandoned building together, living and surviving on the streets of Seattle.  10 years later, those children have grown up, and several become runners!  Will they team up and fight those that would take advantage of children.  Pimps, sex-traders and BLT dealers beware... memories fade slowly and those that you abuse and allow to live may show less mercy when they catch up to you!

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <04-07-14/1508:31> »
Currently, I'm building a Technomancer/Drug Dealer/Doctor. He's more of a support Technomancer though, as in, not a dedicated hacker.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-07-14/1546:51> »
I think technomancer's make very poor hackers anyway. With that character T-bone I'm really looking forward to the backstory.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <04-07-14/1552:07> »
T bone?

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <04-07-14/1604:57> »
Teasing you a bit by giving you a street name :)
« Last Edit: <04-07-14/1610:35> by ismilealot »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <04-07-14/1617:16> »
Oh! I was like.. "I really don't understand what he's talking about at all."

TheDarkMessiah

• Chummer
  • 'Sup?
« Reply #25 on: <04-07-14/1642:35> »
How long do you want our background to be? I'm more of an improvisation role-player, but I already have a lass peculating in my head.

As a quickie blurb.

"Fiona O'Dare is the daughter of human emigrants from the Elven land of Tir na Nog. Having manifested as a physical adept at a young age, Fiona was taken in and trained in a number of techniques by Ares excelling at close combat. Fiona was also athletic and with natural looks to seduce others if required. Ares decided to utilize as an espionage agent. This went well, until the rage she had at the takeover of her homeland (fueled by her parents tales of Elven treachery) resulted in her attacking and almost killing a dignitary from Tir na Nog. Even worse, this was directly against her orders. Having blown her cover, Fiona burned her SIN and hit the streets, forging a new identity for herself as the Shadowrunner known as Morrigan."

Please bare in mind I wrote that as it flowed in about a minute, so sorry if it's kinda a poor effort. ;)
« Last Edit: <04-07-14/1644:25> by TheDarkMessiah »
“Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who sticks his nose out-of-doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago.”

Speech | Thought | Matrix | Astral

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <04-07-14/1703:20> »
I can work with it, it's more important that you like it. However, if you'd like to work together I truly excel at helping players flesh out their backstories so that it's exactly what they want. I've had DM's send their players to me for that. Let me know, because it's totally up to you. But, PbP players need to have a strong sense of their chara. because they're not going to get the same feedback from other players. They are going to get the chance to craft more thorough thoughtful answers in their posts

(And I'm offline for a few hours to run my tabletop.)
Ciao Baby

TheDarkMessiah

• Chummer
  • 'Sup?
« Reply #27 on: <04-07-14/1712:43> »
Hey, i'm willing to chat it through a bit more. I'm generally pretty good at getting into a character when i'm playing them. It's the choosing abilities bit that I am concerned about. I am not a power gamer by any means, but I want a character who is at least basically capable. I'm even having difficulty choosing the exact layout of my capabilities!

A) Attribute B) Magic 3) Skill 4) Metatype 5) Resources (Probably have to be supplemented by karma)
« Last Edit: <04-07-14/1714:34> by TheDarkMessiah »
“Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who sticks his nose out-of-doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago.”

Speech | Thought | Matrix | Astral

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-07-14/2124:05> »
When would you like to work it out? I prefer to do that sort of thing as a discussion so I'm PM'ing you my Skype name so we can have this discussion real-time. Please let me know who you are, Dark Messiah as I routinely decline friend requests from random guys. (To be fair I'd turn down friend requests from random girls too but I've yet to get one of those.)
« Last Edit: <04-07-14/2132:59> by ismilealot »

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <04-08-14/2323:47> »
My character sheet is getting there... Making hackers has always taken a lot of time, and these new rules were kinda kicking my butt. I have made good progress today though, and I got the sheet halfway done. Here's an intro that includes background.

Edit: It looks like my character is going to be a hacker/B&E guy, so... yeah. Lots of crap to lug around and lots of skills. Good times.
He is known as "Son" in the shadows.

Edit: Um... looks like someone tripped over a power cord or something because spoiler code is no longer working for me.

Edit: Almost Done. Just gonna let this marinate for a while to see if I forgot anything or my math was bad. I also made up an item: "Black Backpack". They have no bags or backpacks in the gear listing anymore (that I can find), so I just made one up! Enjoy the spam.   ;)

Edit: Not sure where I got the x3 multiplier for knowledge skills... Fixed it.. and other wierd stuff that I did.

Name: Faith
Alias: The Modern Philosopher/Tron/Son
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Nationality: North American
Lifestyle: Low
Karma Spent(unspent): 25(0)
Physical Description: This young human male sits at the cafe lounge area with his goggles, and headphones on, smiling and waving his hand around, obviously detached from reality. His face is speckled with acne, and his shaggy blond hair is a tangled mess among data jack cable and headphones. You come over to him and wave your hands in front of his face, and he shakes his head and beams a smile up at you, "I know you're there. I know everyone is here." Kids these days... They just think they can multitask through life, and this one is certainly multitasking.
Personality/background    Not long ago there lived a technomage named Jumpstart. Jumpstart was a burnt-out troll mage that was "let go" by his mega corp after he lost his usefulness. He just couldn't handle implants like some of the other mages, and before long, his magic fizzled out. He managed to scrape by building electronics out of spare parts he found in garbage dumps.
   One day, Jumpstart found a human baby in a garbage heap while he was looking for spare computer parts. Jumpstart couldn't just leave him there, so he decided to take him home and try to care for the poor thing. It turns out, a kid was just what Jumpstart needed to give him that old lust for life again. He started smiling more, making better hardware, and started teaching himself how to program better software. Pretty soon, he found that his magic ability came back, and started a successful little business as a programmer, hardware manufacturer, and enchanter. Jumpstart had previously just been calling the baby "baby," so Jumpstart decided to name the baby "Faith." After that, he would frequently tell his friends, "When things were looking bad, all I needed was a little Faith."
   By the time Faith was two years old, Jumpstart had time and money to start giving the toddler a homegrown education on modern survival. Faith learned just about everything there is to learn about the matrix, society, and, most importantly, how to be a hacker. Faith took to technology like a worm in dirt. When Jumpstart gave Faith his first deck at 5 years old, Faith wouldn't let go of it. He took it to the dinner table, the bathroom, and took it to bed.
   When Faith was 14 years old, one of his bloggs entitled "The Modern Philosopher" had reached the "Top 100 Best Bloggs" list, he had sold over 200000¥ in paydata, and was beginning to catch the eye of some Mr. Johnsons. That was when Jumpstart died. Trolls don't live very long, and Jumpstart wasn't all that healthy to begin with. This was a big hit to Faith, but Jumpstart had taught him well. Jumpstart had once said, "Life is too short to wallow in self pity."
   Faith couldn't keep up Jumpstart's enchanting business, and that was raking in most of the household income, so he was forced to move to a small apartment in the city. He didn't mind too much, it was just lonely without Jumpstart there. Faith carries on as a successful blogger and hacker, but with these two priorities in mind: 1) improve self  2) improve surroundings.
   So far, he has maintained 3 entities on the matrix. One is his blogger alias: "The Modern Philosopher" with which he discusses topics like "Negative Thinkers Are Better Off Dead" and "How To Exploit Mega Corps." The other is his gaming alias, "Tron." He is not a top player on any of the games, but he is definitely pretty good. The other is his hacking alias "Son," which reminds him of how he always will think of Jumpstart as his father.

Priority APriority BPriority CPriority DPriority E
ResourcesSkillsAttributesMetatypeMagic or Resonance

Attributes (16 pts & 20 karma)

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
32 (Raised with karma)2(3)2 (Raised with karma)
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
255(7)5
EdgeMagic/ResonanceEssenceInitiative
503.35(6) + 1(2)D6

Limits
PhysicalMentalSocial
3(4)85
Positive Qualities
Guts -10
Negative Qualities
Insomnia +10

Active Skills 36(5) pts
Electronics Skill Group5
Cybercombat5
Electronic Warfare5
Hacking5
Locksmith(Maglocks)3(5)
Sneaking (Urban)3(5)
Pistols(Semi-Automatics)2(4)
Perception4
Gymnastics(Climbing)2(4)
Con(Fast Talk)1(3)
First Aid1
Knowledge Skills ( [5 + 5] x 2 = 20 free points)
Matrix Games3
Blogs (Histoy)4(6)
Literature (Philosphy)4(6)
Security Companies3
Matrix Security4
Language Skills
EnglishN

Cyber/Bioware
CyberwareEssenceCostNotes
Wired Reflexes Rating 1239000¥
Cerebral Booster Rating 2.463000¥
Smartlink.24000¥
Datajack.11000¥
Voice Modulator Rating 4.220000¥
Olfactory Booster Rating 4.216000¥
Total2.716000¥

Gear (450000-143000(cyberwear/biowear)+ 8000 (4 karma) = 313000¥)
RenRaku Tsurugi214,125¥
Transys Avalon5000¥
Datasoft120¥
Mapsoft100¥
Shopsoft150¥
Browse80¥
Configurator80¥
Edit80¥
Encryption80¥
Signal Scrub80¥
Toolbox80¥
Armor250¥
Baby Monitor250¥
Biofeedback250¥
Biofeedback Filter250¥
Decryption250¥
Defuse250¥
Exploit250¥
Fork250¥
Guard250¥
Hammer250¥
Lockdown250¥
Mugger250¥
Shell250¥
Sneak250¥
Track250¥
Wrapper250¥
Agent Rating 48000¥
Goggles Capacity 3200¥
Low-Light Vision (Goggles)500¥
Thermographic Vision (Goggles)500¥
Flare Compensation (Goggles)250¥
Contacts Capacity 350¥
Vision Enhancement Rating 3(contacts)1500¥
Ear Buds Capacity 3150¥
Audio Enhancement Rating 3 (Earbuds)1500¥
Headphones Capcity 2100¥
Spatial Recognizer(Headphones)1000¥
Subvocal Microphone50¥
Trid Projector200¥
Simrig1000¥
Jammer Rating 4800¥
Tag Eraser450¥
Bug Scanner Rating 6600¥
Biometric Reader200¥
Electronics Tool Kit500¥
Datachip x 1050¥
Chameleon Suit1700¥
Thermal Damping Rating 94500¥
Electrochromic Modded Street Clothes x 31800¥
Autopicker Rating 63000¥
Cellular Glove Molder Rating 42000¥
Keycard Copier Rating 63600¥
Maglock Passkey Rating 48000¥
Miniwelder250¥
Sequencer Rating 42000¥
Gecko Tape Gloves250¥
Respirator Rating 6300¥
Grapple Gun500¥
Microwire 200m 100¥
Rapelling Gloves50¥
Stealth Rope 200m 170¥
Catalyst stick120¥
Medkit Rating 3750¥
Trauma Patch x 21000¥
Ares Predator V725¥
Concealable Holster150¥
Silencer500¥
Sapre Clip x 315¥
APDS Rounds x 30360¥
Regular Ammo x 3060¥
Fake SIN Rating 410000¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Decking)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Deck)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Armor Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Baby Monitor Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Biofeedback Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Biofeedback Filter Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Decryption Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Defuse Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Exploit Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Fork Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Guard Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Hammer Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Lockdown Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Mugger Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Shell Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Sneak Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Track Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Wrapper Program)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Bug Scanner)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Tag Eraser)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (AutoPicker)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Grapple Gun)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Smartlink)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Smartgun System)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Wired Reflexes)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Concealed Carry Permit)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Firearms Possession)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Ares Predator V)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Regular Ammo)800¥
Fake License Rating 4 (Thermal Damping)800¥
Black Backpack50¥
Low Lifestyle2000¥
Left Over4475¥

Contacts (3 x 2 = 6 free Karma + 1 karma = 7)
ContactC/L
AngelFixer3/1
Dr. WongStreet Doc2/1
« Last Edit: <04-20-14/0912:24> by joe15552 »