NEWS

5 Players looking to learn Shadwowrun 5th in Charlotte, NC

• 12 Replies

WolfpackEE

• Newb
« on: <02-23-14/1155:39> »
I have 5 players interested in learning how to play Shadowrun in the Charlotte, NC. We have played the Food Fight scenario from the Digital starters kit and realize this would be easier if someone experienced could run a game for us and show us better how the systems works.

Thus, is there anyone in this area that could run at least one game for us so that we can learn the system a little bit quicker?

Eccehobo

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <05-21-14/1727:59> »
Hello, I just came across this post by google search.  I don't know the system enough to teach, but if you've still got a group of people together, maybe we can learn it the hard way.  Or, if you've gotten someone already, maybe you have room for another?

Thanks,
James

WolfpackEE

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-22-14/0732:16> »
Unfortunately, we never found anyone  :-[

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-22-14/1451:34> »
We started a post like this for Atlanta and it filled up pretty quick.  Give it a few days and keep checking this post and you'll find someone within a couple days I bet.

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-22-14/1454:06> »
Here's the link for a con coming in November, in Charlotte, that is featuring Shadowrun Missions.  I bet you could find someone from that organization that is/knows a local SR GM.

WolfpackEE

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-22-14/1456:23> »
I got to play SRM at the con last year and got in contact with the GM. He doesn't regularly run games and hasn't been able to do one for us. At our game store we have Pathfinder, DnD, L5R RPG groups, but no Shadowrun

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-22-14/1511:25> »
 /sigh, the life of a showdowrun player!!!

FenrisWolf

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <03-18-15/0911:57> »
I apologize for the thread necro but I'm a gamer in the Charlotte too. I've ran some shadowrun in the past. If the OP is still around let me know.

WolfpackEE

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <03-18-15/0920:18> »
Yes, we may still have a few people that might be interested in playing SR once a month or so. We are all located in the south Charlotte area

FenrisWolf

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <03-18-15/0952:42> »
I live in Fort Mill but work in south Charlotte.

WolfpackEE

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <03-18-15/1120:35> »
Yes, that's the area we are in. We have played a couple games at YLGS. I think we're all interested in SRM type games where if we can't make it to every session it doesn't hurt us as opposed to ongoing long campaign

FenrisWolf

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <03-18-15/1221:20> »
I'm usually at YLGS on Thursday nights to play Warmachine.  I won't be there this week but should be there next week if you want to stop by and chat.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #12 on: <03-18-15/1808:12> »
If you're not adverse to learning through PbP, it IS a great way to learn, if not a slow way.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english