NEWS

5e Techno Questions

• 2 Replies

SavarWallk

• Chummer
« on: <02-16-14/1954:42> »
Working on a Street Lifestyle Technomancer, that lives by hacking vending machines, and defends himself with bricking objects, and talking.

I was thinking Elf for a high attack.

I thinking of him having a pistol to use in combat when needed.

Threading Infuse Sleaze for Control Device.
Diffusion of Firewall to weaken the vending machine before (trying to decide Hack on the Fly or Brute Force)

with that in mind are Sprites something to worry about ? and do I need to have a High Resonance rating ?
No trees were harmed in the sending of this  message...however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-16-14/2148:44> »
I would take Compiling and Registering if your going to have Technomancer Priority A or B, but only take Compiling if your taking Technomancer priority C.

High Resonance helps with Fading..
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Triskavanski

« Reply #2 on: <02-16-14/2212:27> »
If you're planning to go into a Decknomancer, you don't need to worry too much about fade and resonance.  The primary reason you'd have technomancery powers is to access the matrix from anywhere, so you'll probably want to take some augments and the like as well even though that lowers your essence and your resonance. (You can make that up after a few submersion's though.)

I'd suggest going this route more with an elf since you're ultimately more worried about your brain deck than anything else.

You 'll want a high willpower/firewall still. Since that kinda prevents you from having your brains melted. Eventually though you're going to want to work on your resonance though, namely to get Cleaner+Static Veil.