• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-08-14/2342:30> »
There's a ) missing in the Page 279 clarification. :P

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #2 on: <02-09-14/0003:59> »
Haven't looked at it yet, but  :D

ETA: 1.5 editions later and the spell Combat Sense finally becomes a Passive Detection spell. (Hooray!)
« Last Edit: <02-09-14/0011:13> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <02-09-14/0056:00> »
Good deal.  I'm glad to see this released.  It clears up a few things.  I'm hoping that we'll see more of these before too long.  The thread of Errata questions on this board alone would make up a whole book.  :P
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <02-09-14/0623:53> »
Bah. So Accumulative Recoil has zero value whatsoever as restraining mechanism. -_-

And I see the fixed RCC stats aren't in this document. :<
« Last Edit: <02-09-14/0626:38> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

ProfessorCirno

• Omae
  • The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!
« Reply #5 on: <02-09-14/0650:57> »
Not to be a whiner, but this seems...short.

samoth

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <02-09-14/0708:24> »
While I appreciate ANY error fixes, this seems like a big fat middle finger to the people on this forum and Dumpshock who put together dozens of pages of errors and suggested fixes that Catalyst/Hardy completely ignored for this release.  Seriously, THIS took over six months to release?  We heard the whole time from Bull, Aaron and other freelancers/devs that a serious errata was in the works and we get a four page PDF with a lot of left-over whitespace?  What faith does that put in us, the consumers, to continue buying these products when it's clear they will never receive an editing pass?

I've done a lot of technical writing in my day and SR5 so far has been a total embarrassment in terms of fact-checking and layout.  If I turned in a document with this many errors in a professional field without multiple rounds of oversight I would be fired.  Must be nice to work for a company that just doesn't give a shit.

But hey, at least we now know the correct legality of a monocle!  Too bad cars still move at light speed, nobody has a clue what partial cyberlimbs control, and melee combat is totally unusable for all but the strongest of Trolls.  Hooray for house rules I guess.

orcmeat

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <02-09-14/0926:02> »
Such vitriol. I am sure there will be more than one errata. These things are what could get fixed right away. There has been a rather big outcry from the forums and such about a lack of errata, from that its not hard to imagine this is the quick bandaid for a longer term problem.
Just because it has stats, Doesn't mean you can kill it

raleel

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <02-09-14/0926:46> »
i cut and pasted out the text from the layer, removed the column format and cleaned it up a bit. ~1900 words, 2.5 pages.

i gotta say, a little... concerned that the folks working on this might be overworked and not able to devote the time errata requires.

samoth

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <02-09-14/0936:35> »
Such vitriol. I am sure there will be more than one errata. These things are what could get fixed right away. There has been a rather big outcry from the forums and such about a lack of errata, from that its not hard to imagine this is the quick bandaid for a longer term problem.

If by "right away" you mean "six months after release" then you'd be right.  If it took this long for the eratta they produced I don't hold out high hopes for any additional fixes.

I assume a lot of the problem is making changes that can be easily altered on the formatting of the book/pdf, but that doesn't explain why they wouldn't fix the broken Archetypes since those literally can be a  cut/paste of stats from the fan-made corrections on this very forum (you know, the official Catalyst-approved Shadowrun forum).  They didn't do that or at least didn't mention it in the eratta and it's at most an hour of work for an intern...hell there are people here who would do it for free!

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-09-14/0942:52> »
I noticed it didn't put the fix for Critical Strike on the Physical Adept(or an errata to Critical Strike making it a leveled power)

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-09-14/1056:54> »
• Note that there will likely be updates to this document as time goes by–we’ll try to announce when a new version comes out.
I don't like the 'likely', but they are setting this up to be added to.

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <02-09-14/1252:02> »
Let me be absolutely clear, I don't blame the freelancers on this. Nor am I comparing the sister publications like Shadowrun Returns (who do MUCH better on all aspects)

That said, a six month wait for this is inexcusable. I am also not pleased that my players who only bought the dead tree edition get shafted on some fixes because they didn't shell out extra money for the pdf.

The silence from on high and the delay on something that should have taken less than a month just makes me not want to support this company. I would say more but I am on my phone and they really just need to get their rear ends in gear, get with the times, and improve.
Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #13 on: <02-09-14/1258:05> »
That said, a six month wait for this is inexcusable. I am also not pleased that my players who only bought the dead tree edition get shafted on some fixes because they didn't shell out extra money for the pdf.
Uhm, isn't that ALWAYS the case for errata documents? Unless you assume that they won't bring out the full typo-document at the same time that it's fully implemented in the pdf.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-09-14/1318:46> »
Uhm, isn't that ALWAYS the case for errata documents? Unless you assume that they won't bring out the full typo-document at the same time that it's fully implemented in the pdf.

The sixth month wait? No. At least no other game company I purchase from takes that long.

The corrections? Every other company I buy from will still list all the corrections so that those with a print book aren't shafted. This company has basically said "if you didn't buy the pdf, screw you, we won't even tell you all of our mistakes." That is terrible practice and I refuse to encourage it.
Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

Register