NEWS

[SR5] Qi Focus Question

• 34 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #30 on: <02-08-14/0508:52> »
What's the problem there? It means people can use Qi Foci to spread out and have optional powers that they wouldn't get in their core build. That way, they can adjust to the situation, use power X in one case and power Y in another. If a runner wants to have Traceless Walk as option, why not?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <02-08-14/2037:58> »
What's the problem there? It means people can use Qi Foci to spread out and have optional powers that they wouldn't get in their core build. That way, they can adjust to the situation, use power X in one case and power Y in another. If a runner wants to have Traceless Walk as option, why not?

It seems kind of cheesy to me for people to boost skills--or powers-- they don't have to begin with.

ProfessorCirno

• Omae
  • The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!
« Reply #32 on: <02-08-14/2224:50> »
That seems to be the biggest reason FOR it, frankly.  Adepts' biggest problem was always how cutthroat specialized they were.  Qi Foci gives them some very well needed versatility.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-08-14/2346:05> »
The rules are quite specific about Qi Foci being allowed for powers you don't have: an Improved Reflexes 1 qi foci is stated to be Force 6 if you don't have the power, but Force 4 if you have one or two levels in the power already.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #34 on: <02-09-14/0628:18> »

It seems kind of cheesy to me for people to boost skills--or powers-- they don't have to begin with.
You ARE aware that they still face focus addiction and pay significant karma for binding Foci?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!