NEWS

Character Builds

• 2 Replies

Therion

• Newb
« on: <12-11-13/1404:46> »
Hiya, I'm a newb at 5th Ed and after some guidance.

Can anyone give me some suggestions for 3 character builds:-

Orc Decker

Orc Decker and Rigger

Elf CyberSamurai\Rigger

I'm after a few suggestions for Priorities, Ability scores and any other recommendations that could be helpful. Thanks for your assistance.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <12-11-13/1425:25> »
for a decker/rigger, you're gonna need resources pretty high, at least B if not A. it becomes pretty difficult to get a good metatype in there too though.
you'd need something like;
A-Resources
B-Attribs
C-Meta (ork, 0)
D-Skills
E-Mag/Res (0) for it to be workable. even then as a rigger, you'd be well short on skills and would have to spend a lot of karma to flesh out your skillset. you'd probably want to invest some karma into getting a higher EDG attribute as well. you dont want to crit glitch your vehicle tests after all!

a street sam/rigger is a lot more difficult, cyberware became vastly more expensive so im not sure you could create a really awesome sam and combine it with a really good rigger like you could in SR4a.
i think you'd have to pick either vehicles OR drones and tag on the required bit.
ie, a cheap second hand R1 control rig is enough to be a decent wheelman as a street sam is going to have decent REA attibute. a couple ranks in pilot ground with a spec in wheeled for +2 would be enough for wheelman duty.
if you go drones, then you can just control them from AR using a cheaper RCC or just get one decent recon drone with a tricked out sensor suite and control it from your commlink with the matrix action "control device"
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

DrZaius

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-12-13/1038:25> »
Hiya, I'm a newb at 5th Ed and after some guidance.

Can anyone give me some suggestions for 3 character builds:-

Orc Decker

Orc Decker and Rigger

Elf CyberSamurai\Rigger

I'm after a few suggestions for Priorities, Ability scores and any other recommendations that could be helpful. Thanks for your assistance.

Orc Decker & Rigger:

I made one of these recently for a game. My priorities were:

Priority A: Skills
Priority B: Resources
Priority C: Race
Priority D: Attributes
Priority E: Magic

He ran with a Hermes Chariot Deck, A fly-spy, a Doberman, and the Toyota Gopher. His skills & abilities were leaned more towards rigging than decking, but he was functional as a character.

-DrZ

EDIT: A little more detail:
Body:   4
Agility:   3
Reaction:   4(6)
Strength:   3
Willpower:   2
Logic:   5
Intuition:   3
Charisma:   3
Edge:   2

Skills:   Rating: