NEWS

Starting New Winnipeg Group

• 0 Replies

AffreuxLex

« on: <12-03-13/1532:02> »
I am starting up a new Shadowrun meetup in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

WHEN
Before reading any further please note that the meetup times will be a bit odd due to my work schedule.  I currently work a 4 on 4 off rotation with 12 hour shifts which makes work days a poor time to meet.  After recruiting players, as a group we can decide the best times to meet.  My current thoughts are either: Meet every 8 days, weekdays in the evenings so that people with normal jobs can make it, or meet on weekends for 4 weeks then a 4 week break.  I don't know, we'll work something out.  Our first campaign run will probably be in January with all the holidays coming up though we may meet up for a bit just to get to know each other and work out our schedules and things.

WHAT
I have not decided if it will be SR4 or SR5.  If people are willing to bumble their way through the new rules with me, then SR5 it is.  I have most SR4 books and the core SR5 book.  That being said, either way new people to the game are welcome.  It's all for fun and if one guy has to make a new character every week because he/she keeps dying in hilarious ways, it's all good :)  Yes, you will die!  No, I won't be mean about it and will tweak the game for all skill levels.  I'm looking to mix it up at about 50/50 roleplaying and combat.  It may move in one direction or the other depending on the mission.

WHERE
We will be meeting at my place which is on west Portage Ave. near Moray St.  There are bus stops a short walking distance away.  Exact address will be given to players because there are a lot of shifty hackers and deckers hanging around this joint.  I'm looking at you dwarf.  You know who you are.

WHO
I am looking for 3 or 4 people ideally but can make adjustments if other options come up.

About Me
I am in my early 30s and have been playing Shadowrun since the 3rd edition but not with great frequency.  I am most knowledgeable about SR4 but a bit weak with the matrix.  I have most of the SR4 books and also the core rulebook for SR5 which I am still slowly working my way through.  I will be GMing but if someone wants to take a crack at it sometime, I will allow the occasional guest GM for a stand alone mission.  Also, I am awesome in case anyone was wondering :)

About You
You will need:
-Your own dice!  I have some of my own but not really any to spare.  Rob all your old board games for some D6s and get ready to shoot some people in the face!
-Willingness to contribute to the snack pool!  We will either decide who will bring what each meetup or if people are willing we can just have a pool to toss a few bucks into and order stuff.  I have coupons!
-A good attitude and patience!  Sometimes stuff happens and people get upset, that's fine.  People who are consistently problematic will be asked to leave.  This is my couch, don't shit on it.
-A meat body.  Meetings will be in person.  I am considering maybe allowing a Skype hacker but to be honest, I'm not too thrilled at the idea.

You will not need:
-Books. I'm willing to share but if you have your own it would make things go a little bit quicker when people need to look things up.  I have some PDFs which will help me as well.
-Experience.  If you're willing to learn, I'm willing to teach.  If you know more than I do, I'm willing to learn too.
-Old age.  If you're willing to mix it up with people you have absolutely nothing in common with then welcome aboard!  Mind the nurses though, they'll be gone after my sponge bath :p

Message me with questions and such.  I'll make an attempt to keep checking back regularly.