NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings Post Mortem

• 129 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <01-06-14/2008:59> »
O'Connor followed Darrell into the residence, "So Darrell, we doing biz , or geekin' 'em?"
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <01-07-14/0222:39> »
"Well, Enrique," Sammy said, using the first name he had given them when they first met him, "I must say I'm surprised you managed to get through the scanners at the entrance.  And I'm even more surprised that oil actually came all the way off.  So, you zip-lined it in here?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <01-09-14/0442:39> »
Clementine frowned. The price wasn't as good as she had expected, but it wasn't so bad either. She nevertheless made her thoughts known. "For that price, it better come with a box of Ex-Ex" said the ork calmly, gauging the other party's reaction.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <01-13-14/2138:31> »
In the meantime, Fionn pulled up the data he'd been compiling - the scans on his shotgun, the searches on Mason Ritchie..

Your sprite found nothing of a Matrix signature on the remains of the gun, not surprising considering the timeframe involved, let alone the damage sustained to the weapon when it decided to go blooey.

Mason Ritchie on the other hand has a relative gold mine of info available.  He is a well known and capable investigator, having helped Knight Errant, and Lone Star back in the day, crack several high profile investigations.  His rep in the shadows is equally unimpeachable, though quite discreet.  A particularly noteworthy nugget you are able to dig up points to someone in an Oriental organized crime ring taking issue Richie, but having the beef squashed with alacrity by internal channels.  Apparently there are some important people in the deep shadows that like having him around.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <01-13-14/2150:47> »
O'Connor followed Darrell into the residence, "So Darrell, we doing biz , or geekin' 'em?"

The Dwarf seems to seriously consider the option, but visibly changes his mind.  "Nah, not worth it."  After he puts the Remington away again Darrell offers to help the human back up, who after a second's hesitation takes the offered hand.  "Sides, it's not like I got a line on anyone else who can get that gear you mentioned needing.  So I guess we are all gonna be pals."

SSG Ulrich seems to be recovering well from his near passing, he offers his guests beer, and seats.  Then after a few loud exchanges in that same foreign language with the woman, sends her from the apartment to restock his supply with a threat of a meaty backhand.

"Okay then, now what can we do for each other?"  The big man says popping his beer.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <01-13-14/2201:26> »
"Well, Enrique," Sammy said, using the first name he had given them when they first met him, "I must say I'm surprised you managed to get through the scanners at the entrance.  And I'm even more surprised that oil actually came all the way off.  So, you zip-lined it in here?"

Jesus takes the jab good naturedly, and holds her chair for her.  As he settles into his seat, he replies "Some people I used to work for have a table they allow the use of when I need to grab a bite in town." He motions for a waiter to begin the experience of eating a meal that would be a foodie's wet dream.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <01-13-14/2228:04> »
Hasegawa give Clementine a polite smile, "You might think so, we'll have to see.  25% up front, you have the account, I will let you know when you can meet the customizer."  Hasegawa leaves with another polite bow.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <01-14-14/0501:04> »
O'Connor holstered his weapons after Darrel lowered his shotgun. Accepting the beer, but declining the seat, he leaned against the wall. He popped his beer, and raised it in mock cheers, "To makin' new friends." O'Connor took a healthy swig before continuing, "My friend's lookin' to expand his stock, we're told you can make that happen."

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <01-14-14/0620:46> »
"I can, you would be amazed at how many shipments of Uncle Sam's finest ordnance go missing nowadays, what with the general lawlessness in these parts.  I have been looking to make reliable contacts in the Barrens, someone with a level head that I can do business with that doesn't have any Pacific entanglements."  The chair he sits in makes some dangerous noises as the big man leans back for a long pull on his can.

"You have some specific needs I can help fill?"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <01-14-14/1017:55> »
Hasegawa give Clementine a polite smile, "You might think so, we'll have to see.  25% up front, you have the account, I will let you know when you can meet the customizer."  Hasegawa leaves with another polite bow.

Sam frowned slightly. Once he was sure that the fixer was out of the way, he turned to Clementine. "That...should have gone better. Sorry. I know it's not the deal you were looking for." To himself, he wondered, what the hell? No way that nip gets the better of me...unless he's got an edge I don't? Frak...
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <01-14-14/1306:45> »
Sammy knew better then to ask about 'people I work for'.
"Hopefully none of those 'people' show up tonight wanting their table," she said, "so, what's on the menu today?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <01-14-14/1807:03> »
O'Connor kept silent. He was not the one to handle meetings or negotiations, this was Darrell's show now
« Last Edit: <01-14-14/1900:42> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <01-15-14/0023:46> »
Without betraying any emotion to Torley, Clementine told him "If you give me your account number, I'll send you ¥500 for your trouble" and got her commlink out to wire the 25% to her contact. Once the money had left her account, she asked Torley "Have you spoken to anyone else since the end of the run?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <01-16-14/2046:36> »
Darrell looks at O'Connor trying to act the wallflower and snorts, "You're the one that broke the damn thing, I'll do the mods but you tell him what it was that you broke.  We ain't gonna get a good price for it, but we can at least test the guy's resources."

Ulrich looks at the two of you wondering who is running the show.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <01-17-14/0203:01> »
O'Connor shot Darrell a semi-feigned glare before returning his attention to Ulrich, "Lookin' for a FN MAG-5." He turned back to Darrell, "He need to nab the sound suppressor too, or you got a line on that?

Characters