NEWS

Best way to convert Dreamchipper to 4th edition?

• 33 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <07-30-12/1525:13> »
Once again, take a gander at Twilight Horizon, which showcases a new chip called Sun Tzu, which is billed as the ultimate Corporate Executive chip. It tweaks your personality to be a ruthless corporate baron, willing to take bold moves that result in profit or advancement up the corporate ladder and prevents you from feeling any remorse for your actions. It gives you full knowledge of the Art of War and the Book of the Five Rings, as they're adopted to business culture, and, just for fun, makes you a master of blades as well, so that you can be a true corporate samurai.

There's more in there, of course, but I thought that Mason might appreciate that tidbit. :D

Magic on chips isn't doable, and is unlikely to ever happen (Do you really want an AI busting out spells?), but magical skills can be put onto chips, they just don't do much. Spellcasting 4 Activesoft, when you're non-Awakened, just doesn't really *do* anything. :)

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #31 on: <07-31-12/0627:54> »
Thanks All.

I've got the book Wak, its just that... I've been picking up soooooo many shadowrun books recently, new stuff and classic.  My reading time is often pretty limited, such is life I guess, and I only glanced at Twilight Horizon when it came out... until today :)

And...

[spoiler]
Marionette managed to get an advanced copy of He’s work.
Impressive stuff—it turned her into a corporate suit flawlessly,
but there were still a few bugs to work out. Weirdest thing?
The language was set to Mongolian of all things. What kind of
business-focused design bothers with that one?
> Turbo Bunny
> Well that sets off all kinds of memories. If you still have that chip,
Turbo Bunny, I’d love to have a look.
> FastJack
> If you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking, I want in. Meet me
in the place, FastJack.
> Bull
> The place? What, the shuffleboard courts? Pigeon feeding?
Dentures-R-Us? Old people! Sheesh!
> Slamm-0!
[/spoiler]

Cool... nice reference to Dreamchipper.  Good chapter. and some really good suggestions overall.  Should be a fun run. :)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #32 on: <07-31-12/1438:06> »
Once again, take a gander at Twilight Horizon, which showcases a new chip called Sun Tzu, which is billed as the ultimate Corporate Executive chip. It tweaks your personality to be a ruthless corporate baron, willing to take bold moves that result in profit or advancement up the corporate ladder and prevents you from feeling any remorse for your actions. It gives you full knowledge of the Art of War and the Book of the Five Rings, as they're adopted to business culture, and, just for fun, makes you a master of blades as well, so that you can be a true corporate samurai.

There's more in there, of course, but I thought that Mason might appreciate that tidbit. :D

Magic on chips isn't doable, and is unlikely to ever happen (Do you really want an AI busting out spells?), but magical skills can be put onto chips, they just don't do much. Spellcasting 4 Activesoft, when you're non-Awakened, just doesn't really *do* anything. :)

Not spells on chips, just the personality and skill. Also, idea can't be canon because even the skills cannot be chipped by the rules. But for a homebrew game....

Darkeus

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <05-27-13/1323:35> »

Necro!!

I really need to sit down and read that book.  I buy Shadowrun stuff and then totally don't read it.  I have a problem....   :P

Those seem like the natural evolution of persona chips.
I thought what I'd do is; I would pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.