NEWS

Thanks to all the Shadowrun Staff!

• 1 Replies

SnackerBob

• Chummer
« on: <11-11-13/0508:04> »
I remember when I first got into Shadowrun. It was back in '94. My first sourcebook was Lone Star. I've (mostly) loved it ever since.

Nearly 20 years later, you guys are still building my favorite playground. Thanks for keeping it a great place to visit.

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-11-13/0842:43> »
I second that!  :D

This is from i post i did when i entered the forum but its worth repeating

"I used to avoid a friend of mine told me it was matrix with shoe-in medieval races and with 100% more trench coats and Katanas to which I said “ughh” I don’t like those setting that kind of over explain magic and make it something too mundane. And above all I hate matrix (the movies), I hate the gritty hopeless world, I don’t like the looks and felling of the setting and how everyone are brooding serious pseudo anarchs. My poor conception of Shadowrun wasn’t helped by the fact that my only real connection to anything Shadowrun were in the webcomic “Weregeek” in which they played a campaign and in there I saw everything I disliked, group of Neo wannabes with almost 0 emotion besides brooding or fury (more like 90s comic book) fighting a cyborg bussinesman.

But then i read it:

And OH MAN! Was I surprised?

The setting is great, I didn’t feel for one second the whole “the-MAN-is-evil” bullshit of matrix (the movies) overimposed on me as the setting is so complex, so rich and yet so many to explore, so many thing that are keep hidden and unknown. The magic and technology mix well in the setting and have sense with each other, I never for one second feel that magic was watered down or just plain granted and I never feel the technology as inherent evil or apathetic inducing. To me shadowrun is not a world of depressing gritty darks and grays but a world full of colors and light that sparks the imagination.

And the mechanics, Shadowrun has complex mechanics but once you get the hang of them you can truly feel how deep you can go with them. The level of customization for characters is amazing but the one thing that really shock me was how the people who created the game still continue to give support to the game. I was so accustomed to D&D or WoD to which the creators just put the books and then forget their existence but with Shadowrun I found tons of books and tons of Adventures and many to come. The level of work and passion in Shadowrun is amazing, I hope more RPGs adopt that kind of commitment and maintenance to their games as this."

I dont have a long history with SR yet, i read the game on the last year of 4th and 5th blew my mind.

So in the end, thank you Shadowrun Staff!!!  :D