NEWS

[SR5]Spirits: Resist Damage

• 4 Replies

Volomon

• Chummer
« on: <10-19-13/0706:22> »
Ok whats the deal here they resist damage with their body correct?  Do they not feel really weak to anyone else?  Seems like one good shot gun blast and they're out.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-13/0813:26> »
Spirits have Immunity to Normal Weapons, which means that to attacks that aren't somehow magical in nature, they have Hardened Armor equal to twice their Force.

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #2 on: <10-19-13/1344:10> »
Yes, a lot of spirit listings in the adventures don't explicitly list their inherent armor, and finding the relevant references is a bit problematic right now. You have to go to the Materialization power in the critter powers section, rather than the Manifestation rule in the Astral section of the magic rules, which is where the current page reference in the Spirit rules takes you, to get the Hardened Armor aspect of it. Which then leads you to the Immunity power, where it specifies that the Hardened Armor is equal to twice the Essence of the creature. The essence is equal to the Force per the attribute tables on pages 303-304.

Confusing, and should probably be spelled out explicitly for ease of understanding, but they're actually pretty tough.
« Last Edit: <10-19-13/1408:17> by Belker »
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Volomon

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-19-13/1424:21> »
Sweet thanks guys I thought that was really weird.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <10-23-13/0539:51> »
By the way, even though Immunity isn't entirely clear on the manner, you'll want to follow the exact Hardened Armor rules and probably also want to reduce the auto-hits of Immunity by AP.

Edit: I asked for confirmation and indeed AP reduce Immunity for both the resistance roll and the auto-hits. So, uhm, don't use flechette against Spirits kids. :)
« Last Edit: <10-25-13/1129:35> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!