NEWS

SRM Season 2 advice; Table Rating

• 2 Replies

martinchaen

« on: <07-16-13/1141:30> »
Hi,

I'm about to start a run through Season 2 (and 3 and 4) of the SRMs available from Catalyst Game Labs. Now, in the missions they use Table Ratings, but I'm having some trouble interpreting what they mean by these.

Rules:
Table Rating (TR) is used to adjust the difficulty of an adventure so that it is appropriate to the characters playing it. The TR value can be used to increase the number or abilities of opponents, and the device ratings of equipment in the adventure. Add up the Career Good Karma of all PCs and divide by the number of PCs. Once that average is determined, consult the chart below to determine the class of the table.

It then goes on to list the following:
Table Rating   Class          Karma Range
     1         Green          0-19
     2         Streetwise     20-59
     3         Professional   60-99
     4         Veteran        100-159
     5         Elite          160-249
     6         Prime          250+

I take that to mean that my group of six players, all with fresh 400BP characters, are counted as 1, "Green" runners. Thoughts?

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #1 on: <07-17-13/0949:03> »

I take that to mean that my group of six players, all with fresh 400BP characters, are counted as 1, "Green" runners. Thoughts?
Correct.

jamesfirecat

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-02-13/1645:41> »
It depends how experienced are your players with Shadowrun and how much did they decide to "game" the system.

You can build a street samuria who rolls 20+ dice right out of character creation (with some aid from tac net of coure) if you know what you're doing.

If your team is new to shadowrun though yes green would doubtlessly be the way to do it and you might even want to let them go on half a dozen runs or so then roll the karma and cash they've earned into building new characters with those bonuses as they see what is good and what is bad in the system, at least if they're the kind of characters who insist on having the world's best pair of pants.