NEWS

Saw Pacific Rim... where is the RPG pen and paper game?

• 32 Replies

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <10-07-13/1452:24> »
He's credited with Design and Development of the QSR (http://grfiles.game-host.org/gr_files/SiF_Fastplay.pdf), so I'm guessing ... Yes.

He's also the mastermind (so to speak) behind Mutants and Masterminds and the DC RPG.

Steve has influenced Shadowrun enormously, and had basically succeeded Nigel Findley as the go-to writer before FASA folded and SR books stopped being written by single authors.

Big difference between rules and fiction though.  Not that he was the worst SR novel author though, but his contributions to the game don't make his fiction appeal to everyone :)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <10-07-13/1507:39> »
Whatever disagreements I have with his interpretations and its effects on the rules of, say, magic ... whatever creative license he took with magic in his fiction has to be colored through the lens of knowing that he not only knew the rules he's bent or broken, but he created them. And I think it's safe to assume that given his involvement in the rules of magic that it's safe to assume that would color someone's interest in his fiction, which leans heavily towards magic. It's not like his novels are about deckers. They're about the same subject his rules material is about.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #32 on: <10-25-13/2253:47> »
now I want to read the Kellan Colt trilogy again :(
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Register