NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1110 on: <05-22-14/1300:22> »
((For what it's worth, I've always ruled the internal smartgun to be equal to the cost of the weapon without any modifications added in.  But that's far from saying anything official, and I agree that we could use some clarity on this matter.))
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #1111 on: <05-22-14/1318:43> »
((Agreed. Clarity is a must at this point!))
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1112 on: <05-23-14/0455:54> »
1k + 1k, the cost of the weapon is doubled if you want one with an internal smartgun
Do you have an official source for that? Because the tables, both in core and Run&Gun, disagree, while the text agrees.

No, I do not have an official source. This is the way I understand it and I never realised before that it could be understood differently  ???
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1113 on: <05-23-14/0530:41> »
1k + 1k, the cost of the weapon is doubled if you want one with an internal smartgun
Do you have an official source for that? Because the tables, both in core and Run&Gun, disagree, while the text agrees.

No, I do not have an official source. This is the way I understand it and I never realised before that it could be understood differently  ???

The tables(which are always treated as more correct unless an Errata changes them) are rather clear: the cost of the
accessory of an Internal Smartlink is twice the weapons cost. This means that if you put an internal smartlink on
a 250 Nuyen pistol, the smartlink will cost 500, bringing the total cost of the weapon to 750 nuyen, if you put it on
a 1,000 nuyen rifle, that rifle's total cost will be 3,000 nuyen(1,000 for hte rifle, 2,000 for the internal smartlink). Yes,
this seems crazy, but it is the current RAW. Remember: if it was not in the Errata Document released, it must be
presumed to be Correct.

(yes, this DOES mean that, per the RAW, Sumbersion for Technomancers is a multiplier while for Mages it is
additive. Clearly this was intentional to fix the complaints of TMs being overpowered in 4th.)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1114 on: <05-23-14/0536:16> »
((Just because it's RAW doesn't mean it's correct. And we have multiple incorrect table entries. So I disagree with your cynical logic, especially about Submersion. Anyway, since text and tables collide, which means at least one has to be errata'd before we can claim any form of correctness, I'm asking for an official clarification, not a cynical claim of which RAW to follow. Now can we please either take the debate to another topic or simply wait and see if we ever get an official answer?))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Erling

• Chummer
« Reply #1115 on: <05-24-14/1634:22> »
Need help with rules at p. 161:

"He can make that declaration when it is time for players with that score to act. Characters who have a Delayed Action and intervene in this manner can choose to go before, after, or at the same time as a currently acting character who would normally take his action on that Initiative Score; any actions they take receive a –1 dice pool penalty. If multiple characters delay their actions until the same Initiative Score, they break the tie in the same manner as Initiative (p. 159). Characters delaying an action in this manner keep their initial Initiative Score. If the character does not act before the end of the Initiative Pass, they incur the standard reduction of 10 at the end of the Initiative Pass."

For example, the combat has been started. My character is standing in a room, pointing his gun at a doorway. My character's Initiative Score is the highest in this combat. I'm sure that the enemy soldier (standing behind the wall in the corridor) will rush into the room, so I delay action and want to shoot him as soon as he'll appear at a doorway. So I have some questions:

1) Am I right in assuming that I can declare at the beginning of enemy's Action Phase that my character will act simultaneously with the enemy soldier, and thus my character can shoot him as soon as he'll try to enter the room?

2) If answer is "yes", what will happen if I declare my "overwatch shooting" intervene action, but enemy soldier won't appear at the doorway (GM has decided that NPC is escaping the site)? Will I be able to delay action again?
I want to believe I can, because it's kinda consistent: if my character will see that there's no target, he won't shoot and will stay at overwatch.

3) If I delay action till next Initiative Pass, but next Initiative substraction (-10) normally will leave me without Action Phase in following Initiative Pass, will I be able to accomplish my delayed action despite my Initiative Score has been exhausted?
I guess I won't: "A character can delay his action into the next Initiative Pass and be the first to act. He must still use his own Initiative Score to determine the Action Phases he has for the Combat Turn." (p. 161).
On the other hand, why not? Initiative substraction represents quickness and ability to accomplish multiple actions in a short period of time. But my character isn't trying to be quicker than he is, he's trying to accomplish only one action.
« Last Edit: <05-24-14/1640:54> by Erling »
SR1++SR2++SR3+++SR4+SR5+h++IE-W++hk++sa++++sh+hm--m-gm+M-P

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1116 on: <05-25-14/1434:39> »
((Wouldn't that question be better in its own topic first? Sounds like something other players and GMs can help you with, not something that requires official clarification.))

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1117 on: <05-26-14/0322:38> »
So..would Hero Lab count as Official Clarifications? If so:

1) Yes, the cost of internal Smart Links is just the price of the weapon.

2) The whole issue with Submersion being multiplicative is additive

anything else from the core rules to check through the Hero Lab as Rules Clarification Test?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1118 on: <05-26-14/0415:25> »
((See if they took the RCC stats errata into account that the German edition has?))

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1119 on: <05-26-14/1912:32> »
((See if they took the RCC stats errata into account that the German edition has?))

I would need to know what that errata was, as I do not have the german edition(and do not speak
german, even if I did).

Cursory look: the numbers are the same, but it is System and Firewall, not Data Processing
and Firewall.

Also, it does allow programs, but has a limited suite it can use.
Encrypt, Signal Scrub, Tool Box, Virtual Machine, Armor, Biofeedback Filter, Guard, Shell, Sneak,
Wrapper + all the Autosofts.
« Last Edit: <05-26-14/1932:25> by Mara »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1120 on: <05-27-14/0229:06> »
((That would be a mistake then. Aaron clarified they can run them all, the list just focuses on what's really useful.))

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #1121 on: <06-02-14/1541:36> »
Sacrifice Throw [Run & Gun p.125]
This technique seems to be missing some information.  It is an Interrupt Action, but doesn't list what you are interrupting by using it.  It also makes allusions to Throw Person, which is a simple action that can be used as an interrupt action (with details on when you can use it).

So, question is, is Sacrifice Throw meant to mimic Throw Person except in the specified results (prone at the end, instead of still standing)?  Should the Interrupt cost be the same as Throw Person, even though it leaves you prone and needing to stand up at some point?  Or, just what is it missing, and how does it work currently?
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1122 on: <06-03-14/0540:04> »
On page 15 of the new Bullets and Bandaged PDF, there is a floating table on the pregnancy
quality, listing thresholds, damage amounts, and etiology and toxin types. No where around
it does anything reference using this chart or anything to do with the Pregnancy quality.

What is the purpose of this table?

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1123 on: <06-07-14/0013:25> »
Can You specialize in Aimed shots (no matter what firearm and without taking a pos Qual. ) ?

with an aimed Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1124 on: <06-07-14/0026:04> »
If a Rifle has no Burst Fire capacity (only SA ) what Skill do you use it for
is it Longarms or Automatics ?