NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #1020 on: <03-18-14/0415:25> »
That's for autonomous drones and jumped-in drones only though.

I'm looking at if the the drones operating remotely, with the rigger sending in Commands.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1021 on: <03-18-14/0729:55> »
((The drone still has its own Initiative. However, every IP you remote-control them, you're overriding the Auto-Pilot and using your own Initiative, and the drone doesn't get to act on its own. And nobody else can command it either for one IP. Note that this has been part of a big debate and the rules are decently clear on Intent but not entirely as written, it's a jigsaw puzzle as most of Drones are.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

SirValeq

• Newb
« Reply #1022 on: <03-19-14/1251:24> »
If you have a smartlink, you can mentally
switch between gun modes, eject a clip, and fire
the gun without pulling the trigger.
Do I have to be holding the gun to fire it? Can I put a smartgun-featured gun on a table, walk away and still remotely pull the trigger via an implanted smartlink?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1023 on: <03-19-14/1315:46> »
If you have a smartlink, you can mentally
switch between gun modes, eject a clip, and fire
the gun without pulling the trigger.
Do I have to be holding the gun to fire it? Can I put a smartgun-featured gun on a table, walk away and still remotely pull the trigger via an implanted smartlink?

Hmm, probably. But you can not aim or direct the weapon when it fires after you put in on the table...As the gun has no means of moving itself. And the act of firing (depending on the weapon) could blow it right off the table...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1024 on: <03-19-14/1506:39> »
If you have a smartlink, you can mentally switch between gun modes, eject a clip, and fire the gun without pulling the trigger.
Hmm, probably. But you can not aim or direct the weapon when it fires after you put in on the table...As the gun has no means of moving itself. And the act of firing (depending on the weapon) could blow it right off the table...
4E Arsenal had rules about putting Pilot programs in guns (so you could give it a command like "shoot if anyone comes through the door that isn't broadcasting one of these frequencies" and leave it on the table) and even making them capable of movement - here's hoping.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1025 on: <03-19-14/1525:43> »
If you have a smartlink, you can mentally switch between gun modes, eject a clip, and fire the gun without pulling the trigger.
4E Arsenal had rules about putting Pilot programs in guns (so you could give it a command like "shoot if anyone comes through the door that isn't broadcasting one of these frequencies" and leave it on the table) and even making them capable of movement - here's hoping.

ahh yes.. the gun drone mod... hate that one with a passion... but it's there...

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1026 on: <03-19-14/1606:48> »
ahh yes.. the gun drone mod... hate that one with a passion... but it's there...
There's also "grenade drone" it's highly expensive, but there is something fascinating about the idea of having a dozen minigrenades sneak into someone's bedroom, stand around his bed, sing Happy Birthday, and blow up.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1027 on: <03-19-14/1609:24> »
There's also "grenade drone" it's highly expensive, but there is something fascinating about the idea of having a dozen minigrenades sneak into someone's bedroom, stand around his bed, sing Happy Birthday, and blow up.

:o

You had a troubled childhood didn't you?

:P

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1028 on: <03-19-14/1618:53> »
((Yup, my fault. He's demanding I see Frozen so I can sing Let It Go to him.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #1029 on: <03-19-14/1629:32> »

I have a character in my files that would TOTALLY have them play "Wake Up Little Suzy" or the firs few bars of the song that inspired Happy Birthday: Good Morning To All   :D
Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1030 on: <03-19-14/1705:39> »
((Yup, my fault. He's demanding I see Frozen so I can sing Let It Go to him.))
((Do You Want to Build a Snowman?, actually.))

Something I actually used was an Internal Smartgun System + Voice Activation combo, with a bit of GM-permitted editing: I'd program the grenades with 6 challenge - response phrase pairs, and when it was time to throw a grenade (with only a single level in the skill), I'd push the activation button and give one of the challenge phrases, then throw it. If it landed in the right place, I'd shout the response phrase, and it would explode at the end of the CT, like normal.

martinchaen

« Reply #1031 on: <03-19-14/1754:19> »
Something I actually used was an Internal Smartgun System + Voice Activation combo, with a bit of GM-permitted editing: I'd program the grenades with 6 challenge - response phrase pairs, and when it was time to throw a grenade (with only a single level in the skill), I'd push the activation button and give one of the challenge phrases, then throw it. If it landed in the right place, I'd shout the response phrase, and it would explode at the end of the CT, like normal.
Marco.

POLO! BOOOM!

Kargush

• Newb
« Reply #1032 on: <03-20-14/0846:01> »
Maybe this has come up earlier, so I apologize if I'm repeating a question here.

On page 65 (I think, haven't got the book at hand), it says trolls pay +50% on gear, as well as the +100% on lifestyle costs. Page 94 (or 96, again not sure) says +50% on both gear and lifestyles. The example troll character doesn't pay extra for his gear, however. Likewise the costs for dwarfs are a little all over the place, from +20% on both gear and lifestyles to just +20% on lifestyles.

I'm a little confused here, which one is correct for the two respective metahumans?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1033 on: <03-20-14/0903:27> »
Maybe this has come up earlier, so I apologize if I'm repeating a question here.

On page 65 (I think, haven't got the book at hand), it says trolls pay +50% on gear, as well as the +100% on lifestyle costs. Page 94 (or 96, again not sure) says +50% on both gear and lifestyles. The example troll character doesn't pay extra for his gear, however. Likewise the costs for dwarfs are a little all over the place, from +20% on both gear and lifestyles to just +20% on lifestyles.

I'm a little confused here, which one is correct for the two respective metahumans?

This is in the errata, but both races simply pay the extra (+100%, +20% respectively) in Lifestyle costs.  Gear prices are unchanged.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Kargush

• Newb
« Reply #1034 on: <03-20-14/0913:10> »
Thanks, I've no idea how I could have missed the errata.