NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #1005 on: <02-23-14/1223:50> »
In reference to mana illusion spells cast on the astral plane, the book contains the following:
Quote from: p. 290, BBB
Though mana-based illusions can be created on the astral plane, their magical auras give them away as illusions to anyone who makes
a successful Assensing Test—illusions can’t fool Assensing and cannot be used to disguise or create auras.

Q1: Is there a threshold for the Assensing Test? If so, what it is? Two net hits would normally be required to determine that a spell was of the illusion category.
Q2: Is this reactive or does the target need to take a Simple Action to assense?
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1006 on: <02-23-14/1252:06> »
I read that to mean a simple success, that is only 1 hit necessary.  As to whether or not it's reactive, that might depend on the situation.  Worst case, it's just like astral perception - all auras and such are visible immediately, but you need to take an Assensing action to get information.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #1007 on: <02-26-14/0053:11> »
Can someone remind me again where the recoil penalties are listed?
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #1008 on: <02-26-14/0122:03> »
Can someone remind me again where the recoil penalties are listed?
page 175
Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #1009 on: <03-01-14/0907:41> »
When using a Detox spell :
Detox relieves the side effects of a drug or poison.
The Force of the spell must equal or exceed the toxin’s base DV.

I get it for Toxins, if they have a DV.
but with drugs, or toxins without DV, how does it work please?
« Last Edit: <03-01-14/1300:26> by Minimax le Rouge »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1010 on: <03-01-14/1647:55> »
I don't have anywhere to quote, but I think I saw this question asked somewhere else and the answer was that instead of DV, you'd use the Addiction Rating.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #1011 on: <03-02-14/0418:31> »
seams a balanced idea. TY.

martinchaen

« Reply #1012 on: <03-03-14/1321:22> »
Assume a non-wireless device A is attached through a wire (Direct Connection as per page 232 of SR5) to a wireless device B.
Q: Can device A be accessed through hacking/accessing device B?

Q: Can a data tap be attached to the wire be accessed wirelessly for the purposes of hacking the device(s) on either end of the wire?

Question spawned from this thread:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=14978.0
« Last Edit: <03-03-14/1324:50> by martinchaen »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1013 on: <03-03-14/1542:36> »
Assume a non-wireless device A is attached through a wire (Direct Connection as per page 232 of SR5) to a wireless device B.
Q: Can device A be accessed through hacking/accessing device B?

By RAW, any Marks placed on the slave (device B in this case) also carry over to the master (device A).  As to whether or not you have access, the RAW isn't clear enough on that.  However, given that the Marks transfer I would assume the answer is yes.

Q: Can a data tap be attached to the wire be accessed wirelessly for the purposes of hacking the device(s) on either end of the wire?

Yes.  The communication flowing both ways can be intercepted via the data tap.  I say this because there's nothing that says otherwise or clarifies the data flow.

norskface

• Newb
« Reply #1014 on: <03-09-14/0012:33> »
I have the English version of the book but all the others of my group use the German version.
Now I found on the Special fire weapons, that in my book its always said they are using the range for pistols…. But in the German version they use the Pistol skill for almost all weapons.
Now I really wonder, if this is intended (but then I wonder, why it doesn't show up now in the Errata), or if it was only a translation mistake.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1015 on: <03-09-14/1557:30> »
I have the English version of the book but all the others of my group use the German version.
Now I found on the Special fire weapons, that in my book its always said they are using the range for pistols…. But in the German version they use the Pistol skill for almost all weapons.
Now I really wonder, if this is intended (but then I wonder, why it doesn't show up now in the Errata), or if it was only a translation mistake.

Who, knows. The Errata is far from finished, and it is hard to say if it is a translation error, or a correction, or an update.

Make a group ruling and move on until Run and Gun comes out.... usually combat books have combat rule updates/ corrections in them. 
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

lychanking

• Newb
« Reply #1016 on: <03-17-14/2002:47> »
I can't seem to find any information about this. When you become unbonded to a focus what happens to the karma you used to bond with it?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1017 on: <03-17-14/2005:55> »
I can't seem to find any information about this. When you become unbonded to a focus what happens to the karma you used to bond with it?

It's gone. Wasted. Spent.

such is the nature of Magic.... fleeting!

Keep in mind that becoming unbound to a foci is an almost unheard of thing....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #1018 on: <03-17-14/2313:05> »
So what's the Initiative for a remotely-controlled drone? Is it just the rigger's Matrix initiative (depending on what mode they're in)?
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1019 on: <03-18-14/0124:29> »
So what's the Initiative for a remotely-controlled drone? Is it just the rigger's Matrix initiative (depending on what mode they're in)?

Quote from: Page 270
Drone Initiative
Drones acting autonomously have an Initiative attribute of Pilot Rating x 2, and get 3D6 additional Initiative Dice (for a total of 4D6). When jumped in, the drone uses the VR initiative of the rigger.