NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #900 on: <12-22-13/1648:34> »
Can you load a rigger command console (RCC) with cyberprograms such as Exploit and Sneak to get an artificial Sleaze rating.

...and then use that rating as a limit when you take a Hack on the Fly [Sleaze Limit 3] test or Hide [Sleaze Limit 1] test when someone is trying to locate you with matrix perception while you are running in silent mode?

and if so, can you Push the Limit on the test? :)

I think the only cyberprograms you can load in your RCC are those in pg 269, and Exploit is not one of then (Sneak is but it doesn't give Sleaze).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #901 on: <12-22-13/1650:42> »
((They're not. You can get all Cyberprograms for your RCC, has been stated by Aaron.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

FasterN8

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • Err on the side of awesome.
« Reply #902 on: <12-23-13/1523:31> »
Since the Control Rig cybverware provides both DNI and has a sim module, is it (by itself) sufficient to access AR and/or VR without the aid of a Commlink/Deck/RCC?

Kanly

• Omae
« Reply #903 on: <12-24-13/1436:47> »
VCR possible dicepool bonus to Gunnery:

In Splintered State, a rigger NPC has his Gunnery listed az "6 (8)" and a R2 VCR implant. (S)he has no other augmentation or quality or anything that could give a bonus to the Gunnery, and it's not denoted as a specialization (which would be "6 (+2)").

Could this mean that VCRs give a dicepool bonus to Gunnery as well as Pilot? Or is this an oversight / error.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #904 on: <12-24-13/1502:54> »
To be precise, when the Control Rig says its rating adds to all Vehicle Skill Tests, is that all Pilot Tests or all Vehicle Tests that include a Skill?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #905 on: <01-02-14/1302:12> »
Are Toxin Resistance Tests limited by anything?

The text seems to imply they aren't, as the rules simply state that you roll BOD + WIL + "the rating of any protective gear/systems; each hit reduces the toxin’s Power by 1 point."

"Tests using a single attribute, or two attributes, do not use limits." - page 47

(I forget this one occasionally myself)

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #906 on: <01-02-14/1335:43> »
How does the Control Device works with Full Matrix Defense and Full Defense? do you make a Full Defense with all your controlled devices or just one?

Kanly

• Omae
« Reply #907 on: <01-02-14/1354:44> »
Do you mean slaved devices? If your master device is the one making the defense rolls, only it - and you - needs to go Full Matrix Defense. Normal Full Defense would apply for remote controlled drones maybe? I don't think you can Control Device multiple drones or turrets. So if you're controlling one, you'd probably do Evasive Driving (+INT).

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #908 on: <01-02-14/1435:27> »
Do you mean slaved devices? If your master device is the one making the defense rolls, only it - and you - needs to go Full Matrix Defense. Normal Full Defense would apply for remote controlled drones maybe? I don't think you can Control Device multiple drones or turrets. So if you're controlling one, you'd probably do Evasive Driving (+INT).

Acording to the Control Device action (p 238): "You can use this action to control multiple devices at once. If you are the owner of all devices being commanded and they are all being commanded to do exactly the same thing"
There is a discursion about it in this topic: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=14211.0

I think most of the time you won't use the Driving rules for a drone, I would only use it if the drone was using it's speed enough for me to call it "driving", otherwise a lot of weird situations would arise: a drone standing still doing evasive driving, or a jumped in rigger spending a complex action every turn or the Drone is considered uncontrolled. But the rules are not clear about it (I'm also not entire sure a drone is considered a vehicle)

Adding two more question to the FAQ:

Pag 267 says that whenever a slaved device is called on to make a defense test, it uses either its own or its master’s Rating for each Rating in the test., that is true only against matrix actions or any defense test?
When a drones slaved to an RCC, in Autopilot, goes Full Matrix Defense, does it use my willpower or his device rating to his defense bonus?

Kanly

• Omae
« Reply #909 on: <01-02-14/1509:43> »
Slaving only applies to Matrix Actions, and so does Full Matrix Defense. So slaving has no effect on defending against a spell or an attack.

hayek

• Chummer
« Reply #910 on: <01-04-14/0959:05> »
p. 438: both the Shock Frills Armor Modification and the Riot Shield say they do electricity damage if someone touches them, but it doesn't say how much damage. Would it be the same as Shock Gloves? Or is it trying to say there's no actual 'damage' (DV) caused, but the person who touches it suffers the secondary effects of electrical damage (penalty to tests and initiative)

Kanly

• Omae
« Reply #911 on: <01-04-14/1012:44> »
Riot Shield does 9S(e) with the obvious -5 AP. It's on p. 438.

Shock frills are missing any indicator for exact damage done. In SR4 it did the same damage as the Taser Shield. So it probably either does 9S(e) like the Riot Shield (SR5) or 8S(e) like the Shock Gloves (SR5 ofc).

Assen

• Newb
« Reply #912 on: <01-06-14/1034:57> »
Hey guys I got 2 questions here,

I am wondering about the balance of the inherent physical limit. It seems to me that in some cases (well... more than just some), the physical limit makes no sense. Let me pull something from the book p.363:
Breaking a maglock; This requires a successful Locksmith + Agility [Physical] (Maglock Rating x 2, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Test.
I'm trying to figure out why something as being delicate with a lock and carefully unraveling it would require this abysmal limit based on Strength:
[(Strength x 2) + Body + Reaction] / 3 (round up)

The second problem I have is with MagLocks is as follow:
In the quickstart rules a decker uses only one test based on his hardware skill to defeat the lock.
In the Core rulebook it requires 2 different rolls with locksmith.
Finally on page 225 of the core book an example of a decker using the "universal" port of the maglock hacks a whole bank network.

I feel the rules are a free-for-all buffet of free interpretation and no hard lines as to what skill does what here...

Can somebody help a lost sheep here?

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #913 on: <01-06-14/1305:49> »
The most logical guess is game-balance: they don't have Agility in the physical limit because every single attack skill already uses it.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #914 on: <01-06-14/1407:15> »
Yep. a large part of the reason that the limits are what they are is that in 4E Strength and Logic were commonly dumped stats that were percieved as less useful. Making them count extra in the limit makes those stats more valuable and makes the old "I'm a master of Kung Fu with a shock glove and a Strength of 1" builds less viable.