NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #885 on: <11-28-13/0836:15> »
Yep but in the v4 the aptitude  cost was half the exceptional attribute's cost

And an other question is how to change the owner of a device? For reselling or thieving purposes?
« Last Edit: <11-28-13/0900:49> by dragrubis »

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #886 on: <11-28-13/1026:01> »
Page 237: devices require a Hardware toolkit and an Extended Hardware+Logic [Mental] (24, 1 hour) test, where a glitch means authorities are notified, while with a file you can use Edit File to copy it, then Edit File to delete the original.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #887 on: <11-28-13/1501:57> »
Can you explain yourself on that? The aptitude quality applies only on a unique skill.

Where exceptional attribute may change a lot of dice pools.

Yep but in the v4 the aptitude  cost was half the exceptional attribute's cost

And an other question is how to change the owner of a device? For reselling or thieving purposes?

While Exceptional Attribute changes more dice pools, it isn't likely to change a limit and only in a couple of cases will it do anything OTHER than increase dice pools.  However, several skills (all Sorcery and Conjuring skills along with Alchemy, along with all combat skills - and that's just to start) have elements that key directly off of skill rank (the number of attacks you can get with Multiple Attacks, for example).  Additionally, with skills going to 12 naturally, it means that an Adept with Aptitude can take a skill to frigging 20 by taking 7 ranks of Improved Ability.  Skills are now more likely to change things outside of dice pools, especially the prime candidates for Aptitude, while the prime candidates for Exceptional Attribute largely only change dice pools.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

KraakenDazs

• Chummer
« Reply #888 on: <11-28-13/2322:38> »
Slight oversight, not sure if anyone spotted it yet.

BINDING a spirit. The rules mention a Summoning+Magic test, not a Binding+Magic test.  p.301.
Maybe, just maybe, concrete and Plasteel are MEANT to armor our planet, and not harm it, omae. Hydroponics can nourish our needy. And i assure you nuclear energy's been involved in getting you that fancy 'ware, chummer.Our mistake? Trading Wisdom for Greed. - Dögan "Babyface" Kross

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #889 on: <11-29-13/0655:40> »
Slight oversight, not sure if anyone spotted it yet.

BINDING a spirit. The rules mention a Summoning+Magic test, not a Binding+Magic test.  p.301.
((Been reported for errata. Might be better to ask people questions for clarity before reporting them.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Stormvane

• Newb
« Reply #890 on: <11-29-13/1024:13> »
Apologies if this has been discussed, but I didn't see any search results related to this point.

What is the cost and availability for autosofts?

Incidentally, there is no listing for Pilot programs, but since they are largely the same as Agent programs, it is easy to just substitute.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #891 on: <11-29-13/1027:22> »
((Autosofts have been listed in the HotPatch Errata, which you can find in the Missions forum. The HotPatch are basically pre-emptive errata on some of the details that are really needed right now, with a few more fixes such as racial gear/lifestyle costs. They may not match the actual errata, but it is extremely likely they will.))

((Pilot Programs do not have upgrade information available yet. They may be in a future book, just like how in SR4 they were in Arsenal, so it is extremely likely it is intended for them not to be purchasable yet. Keep in mind it might not be a simple substitution, since the hardware system was redesigned they may have different costs and requirements.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Stormvane

• Newb
« Reply #892 on: <11-29-13/1059:10> »
Thank you for the pointer to the HotPatch Errata.

The SR4 and the 20th Anniversary edition both listed the costs of Pilot programs as the same as agents. Which I know doesn't mean that they will do so again and why I took the exclusion as a possible oversight.

Dracain

• Omae
« Reply #893 on: <12-09-13/0512:15> »
There has been some confusion as to how cover and the take cover action works.  I am going to use what Xenon wrote when he summed up the three ways we've read how cover works. 
1) You always get 2 dice for partial and 4 dice for good if you have enough cover for your body, even if you don't take action.
2) When you take cover you are (or remain) in partial or good cover but can still return fire without losing the cover and without using blind fire or fire from imaging device.
3) When you take cover you "hunker down" behind cover and if you want to remain in cover and still fire you take blind fire or fire from imaging device.
Can someone tell me which, if any, are right?

Cyber-Dave

• Chummer
« Reply #894 on: <12-12-13/1526:50> »
So, I need clarification on what you are supposed to roll when attempting to fly a drone/drive a vehicle set up like a drone in a stealthy manner. On page 238 the rules say that when you are controlling a device, "The dice pool of any test you make using this action uses the rating of the appropriate skill and attribute you would use if you were performing the action normally." Furthermore, "All actions you take while controlling a device use either the normal limit for that action or your Data Processing rating, whichever is lower." In this case, when using drone stealth, it seems to me that handling would replace physical as the "normal limit." So, according to those rules drone stealth should use Stealth + Agility [Handling or Data processing, whichever is lower]. But then, on page 270, the game tells us that for drone infiltration, "When jumped in, the test is Stealth + Intuition [Handling]." Huh? Why Intuition? That doesn't jive with the "control device" rules at all. How do the control device rules interact with this? Does someone use a different dice pool to control a drone based on whether they are hacking it or controlling it legitimately? That doesn't make sense. Is the rule on 270 an exception to the norm that applies to drone infiltration? And, if so, why does drone infiltration use Intuition instead of Agility?

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #895 on: <12-17-13/2225:00> »
Are we getting close to getting a compiled FAQ 1.0 PDF?

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #896 on: <12-19-13/1450:47> »
Are we getting close to getting a compiled FAQ 1.0 PDF?

Red

They likely have more important things to do, like writing new books.

martinchaen

« Reply #897 on: <12-19-13/1558:49> »
Are Toxin Resistance Tests limited by anything?

The text seems to imply they aren't, as the rules simply state that you roll BOD + WIL + "the rating of any protective gear/systems; each hit reduces the toxin’s Power by 1 point."

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #898 on: <12-22-13/1156:59> »
What test do my drones do that uses the Electronic Warfare in my RCC? I searched the entire book and haven't found a single test using it.

Thanks in advance

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #899 on: <12-22-13/1637:13> »
Can you load a rigger command console (RCC) with cyberprograms such as Exploit and Sneak typo Stealth
to get an artificial Sleaze rating.

...and then use that rating as a limit when you take a Hack on the Fly [Sleaze Limit 3] test or Hide [Sleaze Limit 1] test when someone is trying to locate you with matrix perception while you are running in silent mode?

and if so, can you Push the Limit on the test? :)
« Last Edit: <12-22-13/1756:18> by Xenon »