NEWS

Potential Shadowrun horror style game

• 115 Replies

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <06-24-13/1937:11> »

Jacob "Two Feathers" Navaro

Fatherly personality with a sense of humor. Believes that the rift between tribes, city states, and corporations can one day be bridged. Was both a mentor and customer of Tanith Frost [Public Name/Fake SIN: Max Tanner (My Character). Jacob knows him by his given name as well as stage/public name] Is an awakened Shaman, Coyote Totem.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <06-24-13/2002:13> »

Michael "Digger" McCallister

Goes by Digger because he is good at digging up anything you need :-p. Came in contact with Frost through stumbling across one of his performances. Saw the talent and potential for profit. What originally started as a business opportunity and a meal ticket turned into a close personal friend. Current pay from distribution via the 'Trix of recorded sims/trids equate to around 12,500 a month, (after Digger's agreed upon cut, but due to the close relationship, Frost has recently upped his cut by 2,500 Nuyen, thus why new revenue is 10k a month for Frost now. Never hurts to keep your friends happy :-))

Digger is a business man, a mover and shaker. A wheeler and dealer. Always looking for opportunity and fostering relationships that will pay dividends. That being said, he is also loyal to his contacts and friends. His mentality is that a quick buck can equal an early grave, better to operate intelligently than greedy and stupid. Can be very long-term minded, able to separate short-term gains that would bite him in the bum.

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <06-24-13/2025:04> »
Brim he is right why do you have those foci ? I must have overlooked them and you do need the OS system I was actually going to tell you but something came up and then forgot

Thanks for pointing these out.  I will respec and attach the new changes to my character.  I read through the chapter on Foci in the SR 4th edition book and it was a bit confusing.  After you guys just mentioned this, I did some research and it looks like only the casting mage can turn off and on the foci.  I will remove them. 

It has been a while since I played (8 years) and I haven't ever played 4th edition.  Please bear with me and let me know if I goofed on something else. 

It looks like I will have to read up on the commlink stuff. 

Sorry.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <06-24-13/2027:51> »
You can take a weapon foci though
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

martinchaen

« Reply #64 on: <06-24-13/2030:00> »
Seeing as how my contacts' commcodes were pre-programmed on a commlink provided to my character, coupled with the fact that my character does not remember anything past the morning he woke up, everything in his life so far is a surprise.

Show me what'cha got! :D

markelphoenix just pointed out that we have 1000 karma to work with, not 750. I've just finished tweaking some attributes and skills, and am sending you an updated sheet.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <06-24-13/2104:35> »

Tony Geovani

Trid and Sim Producer/Distributor. Met her through Digger. Helped position the recordings and performances to reach critical success. Connected in the entertainment and news scene. Confident and cocky personality. Very self-assured.  primarily a Face Adept Archetype. Works well with Digger and Frost due to sharing their creed of long term gains beat short-term stupidity. Better to have a rep for taking care of/protecting your contacts and those you work with, makes it less likely someone is going to twist the blade in your back.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <06-24-13/2106:52> »
Also, 7 or 8 CST works for me. Prefer 7, especially if we may dance into the 4 hr range.

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #67 on: <06-24-13/2115:52> »
Here is the redesigned char sheet:

[spoiler]== Info ==
Street Name: Spectre
Name: Spectre
Movement: 10/25, Swim: 6
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Elf Male Age 21
Height 6'1" Weight 180
Composure: 6
Judge Intentions: 6
Lift/Carry: 10 (75 kg/50 kg)
Memory: 5
Nuyen: 300

== Attributes ==
BOD: 5
AGI: 8 (12)
REA: 5 (8)
STR: 5
CHA: 3
INT: 3
LOG: 2
WIL: 3
EDG: 1
MAG: 5

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   5.14
Initiative:                8 (11)
IP:                        1 (4)
Astral Initiative:         6
Astral IP:                 3
Matrix Initiative:         4
Matrix IP:                 1
Physical Damage Track:     11
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Active Skills ==
Archery                    : 0                      Pool: 11
Armorer                    : 0                      Pool: 1
Artisan                    : 0                      Pool: 2
Automatics                 : 6                      Pool: 18
Blades                     : 4                      Pool: 16
Climbing                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Clubs                      : 0                      Pool: 11
Computer                   : 0                      Pool: 1
Con                        : 0                      Pool: 2
Cybercombat                : 0                      Pool: 1
Data Search                : 0                      Pool: 1
Demolitions                : 0                      Pool: 1
Disguise                   : 4                      Pool: 8
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 4
Dodge                      : 0                      Pool: 7
Escape Artist              : 0                      Pool: 11
Etiquette                  : 0                      Pool: 2
First Aid                  : 0                      Pool: 1
Flight                     : 0                      Pool: 4
Forgery                    : 0                      Pool: 11
Gunnery                    : 0                      Pool: 11
Gymnastics                 : 0                      Pool: 11
Hacking                    : 0                      Pool: 1
Heavy Weapons              : 0                      Pool: 11
Infiltration               : 4                      Pool: 16
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 2
Intimidation               : 0                      Pool: 2
Leadership                 : 0                      Pool: 2
Locksmith                  : 0                      Pool: 11
Longarms                   : 4                      Pool: 16
Navigation                 : 0                      Pool: 2
Negotiation                : 0                      Pool: 2
Palming                    : 4                      Pool: 16
Parachuting                : 0                      Pool: 4
Perception                 : 2                      Pool: 5
Pilot Ground Craft         : 0                      Pool: 7
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 7
Pistols                    : 0                      Pool: 11
Running                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Shadowing                  : 4                      Pool: 7
Survival                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Swimming                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Throwing Weapons           : 0                      Pool: 11
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Unarmed Combat             : 1 [Martial Arts]       Pool: 13 (15)

== Knowledge Skills ==
                           : 0                      Pool: 0
Combat Tactics             : 4                      Pool: 6
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Magical Theory             : 4                      Pool: 6
Security Companies         : 4                      Pool: 6
Security Design            : 3                      Pool: 6

== Contacts ==
Fixer (2, 1)
Mako (Corp Mage) (1, 3)
Mr. Johnson (2, 1)

== Qualities ==
Adept
Astral Chameleon
Biocompatability (Bioware)
Hung Out to Dry
Low-Light Vision
Poor Self Control (Combat Monster)
Records on File (1)
Restricted Gear (Rating 1)
The Warrior's Way
Vendetta

== Powers ==
Facial Sculpt Rating: 1
Improved Reflexes 3
Improved Sense (1)
Mystic Armor Rating: 4

== Lifestyles ==
Squatter  3 months

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Genetic Optimization (AGI)
Muscle Toner Rating 4
Orthoskin Rating 1

== Armor ==
Armor Jacket              8/6

== Weapons ==
Combat Axe
   Pool: 16   DV: 7P   AP: -1   RC: 0
Forearm Snap-Blades
   Pool: 16   DV: 5P   AP: -   RC: 0
HK MP-5 TX
   +Folding Stock
   +Gas Vent 2
   +Laser Sight
   Pool: 19   DV: 5P   AP: -   RC: 3
Ranger Arms SM-3 (2050)
   +Imaging Scope
   +Shock Pad
   +Stock
   +Silencer
   Pool: 16   DV: 8P   AP: -3   RC: 0

== Commlink ==
CMT Clip (1, 0, 0, 3)

== Gear ==
Ammo: EX-Explosive Rounds (Sniper Rifles) x100
Autopicker Rating 5
Certified Credstick, Standard
Climbing Gear
Concealable Holster x2
Custom Commlink OS
Fake SIN (Adam Jones) Rating 3
Latex Face Mask x3
Maglock Sequencer Rating 1
Mangadyne Deva
Spare Clip (Ranger Arms SM-3 (2050))
Spare Clip (HK MP-5 TX) x2
Stimulant Patch Rating 5 x3
Survival Kit x2

== Description ==
Average height and average build. Spectre blends into crowds easily. Nothing about Spectre stands out including his clothing or stance.

== Background ==
Spectre didn't ever know his parents. His earliest childhood memory was training within the Global Technologies corporate walls. The training was rigorous and intense with a focus on molding Spectre into the best weapon possible through Adept training and augmentation.

His early missions were focused around using his magical and stealth training to infiltrate other corps and steal their IP or destroy their intellectual holdings, both breathing and non-breathing. His mentor, a Corp Mage, was tasked with training Spectre in the way of magic and properly equiping him for the job at hand. Spectre developed a numbness to the bloodshed and held a single purpose, to finish the mission objective by any means necessary. Mako was the very limited personal interaction that Spectre experienced besides his mission briefings.

Mako was the first to warn Spectre of the mortality of corp field agents. Mako's teachings brought a new understanding to Spectre that the corp cared for no one other than its own interests. One of Spectre's final missions was to kill another field agent and scientist for Global Technologies that had defected. Spectre completed the mission as he was trained with little to no thoughts of the implications. However, upon heading towards the extraction zone, Spectre contemplated the previous words of his mentor and realized that Global Technologies was only using people as much as they could before discarding them by the wayside. This epiphany halted Spectre in his tracks and he escaped from the EZ into the sprawls of the city.

His hatred of GT grows stronger ever day while he lives in squalor on the streets dreaming of the day when he extract vengeance from the corporation that took away his life. Spectre soon realized that his skills could be useful to entities referred to as "Mr. Johnson," who hire shadowrunners to perform their dirty work.[/spoiler]

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #68 on: <06-24-13/2118:50> »
Mako:

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <06-24-13/2137:29> »
everything is falling into place, now, remember this, I have been labeled a generous GM, but also a deadly one due to the challenges I would throw at my party, during pathfinders and DnD only one PC died... (it was HIS fault) though there were many close calls, I understand SR is a lot more deadly and so I will be more careful, but some challenges may need on the fly adjustment. the first run will be fairly simple, with fairly easy "opponents"  and easy ways to handle the situation. I will send you all PMs that would be, in game terms, messages from your fixer/ a friend telling you about a job. cheers everyone please be on Skype by AT LEAST 9 PM Friday  EST, as this will already put me around 1 am before heading to bed with a 4 hour session. some may want to go 5 hours others may not, if we do not all agree we will end at the appointed time. UNLESS we can finish the job/ what your during in under 20 minutes, if this limit passes and people do not wish to continue we will end it there and start at that point the next game.  my skype id is theeyeoftwilight, please everyone here add me. I will post the name of the campaign on roll20 here. all rolls will be handled via roll20 site. once in, I ask people get on a bit early as I will have to assign you a token that you will have to edit as your PC. if you want give me your email and I will be able to invite you to the campaign. 

I already see that GMing SR is twice as difficult as a PF or DnD since I have to remember more stuff >.<
« Last Edit: <06-24-13/2141:08> by Raiden »
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #70 on: <06-24-13/2144:11> »
everything is falling into place, now, remember this, I have been labeled a generous GM, but also a deadly one due to the challenges I would throw at my party, during pathfinders and DnD only one PC died... (it was HIS fault) though there were many close calls, I understand SR is a lot more deadly and so I will be more careful, but some challenges may need on the fly adjustment. the first run will be fairly simple, with fairly easy "opponents"  and easy ways to handle the situation. I will send you all PMs that would be, in game terms, messages from your fixer/ a friend telling you about a job. cheers everyone please be on Skype by AT LEAST 9 PM Friday  EST, as this will already put me around 1 am before heading to bed with a 4 hour session. some may want to go 5 hours others may not, if we do not all agree we will end at the appointed time. UNLESS we can finish the job/ what your during in under 20 minutes, if this limit passes and people do not wish to continue we will end it there and start at that point the next game.  my skype id is theeyeoftwilight, please everyone here add me. I will post the name of the campaign on roll20 here. all rolls will be handled via roll20 site. once in, I ask people get on a bit early as I will have to assign you a token that you will have to edit as your PC. if you want give me your email and I will be able to invite you to the campaign. 

I already see that GMing SR is twice as difficult as a PF or DnD since I have to remember more stuff >.<

Thanks again for running this! 

See you on skype on Friday night at 9EST.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <06-24-13/2148:09> »
oooo another SR meme I found.
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <06-24-13/2151:15> »
I noticed that we still have no matrix guys, LOL. this. will. be. fun. for. me. (evil GM laugh) but if we NEED one, I will provide a cameo by one of my characters as an NPC if need be, though expect a pay cut for his share  ;D
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

martinchaen

« Reply #73 on: <06-24-13/2156:39> »
Hehe, yeah, I'm useless for matrix work. My middle lifestyle DOES come with a Rating 2 agent with Browse and Edit 2, though (woot!) :)

Also: Dante!

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <06-24-13/2158:07> »
I will use the trust system for most of character stuff. you can keep up with your character for the most part, his ammo supply, all that, it is just to much for me to keep with in an online thing. I do ask that you send me an updated sheet via PM every ~60 karma. any free time fluff can be handled via PMs or a thread.
EDIT: actually I will make a thread for that. not sure where though :/
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Register