NEWS

Seed of the Sickness - Recruiting [closed]

• 523 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #510 on: <05-14-13/0302:28> »
Where? Remind me, it's going to take a few days for me to memorize everyone's character and general background.

If anyone's been in what was the Warsaw Pact (Treaty Organization of Friendship, Cooperation, and Mutual Assistance), there's a chance I might have met them. I've always been horrible at pregame shoehorning my character into the party and direction, sorry guys.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Re:

« Reply #511 on: <05-14-13/0336:36> »
With that "RVHP" refference you almost killed me. Srsly. I grew up in that shit. Trust me. Being a friend with soviet bear isnt anything you would like.

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #512 on: <05-14-13/0339:15> »
What is RVHP?  Why are we chatting in the recruiting thread instead of the OOC thread?
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #513 on: <05-14-13/0427:05> »
I'm just saying my character has operated in that region. You haven't had to deal with the ruskies for almost 25 years now though, east germany is a myth, shhh shhh.

Sichr

• Prime Runner

Re:

« Reply #514 on: <05-14-13/0531:56> »
:) just saying :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #515 on: <05-14-13/1415:30> »
I'm just saying my character has operated in that region. You haven't had to deal with the ruskies for almost 25 years now though, east germany is a myth, shhh shhh.

Just to finish this debate...we have just celebrated anniversary of WW2 ending and the defeat of Nazis. It is scarry on one side, when politicians are talking about totalitarian face of Nazi and following Russian occupation, well on the other side it scares me that those brave men who fought and died in this that terrible war are pictured as some kind of bolsevik vilains. And those politicians were talking about how different they are and how better place the world is now, under their enlightened lead...
This reality is one big clusterfuck...
And Russian army left our country about 20 years ago...and eastern germany is no myth...at least not for german people...as Im passing those lands every month, Halle, Liepzig i.e., and you can see that cities were renewed with great efforts, but during the time of this rebuuild, people flee to the west, to industrial zones where was good work and good place to live, and now those rebuilt and renewed cities are inhabitted by ghosts...population density far less than projected...And wester cities, who were dumping their income into common treassury and actually sponsored that restauration of eastern cities, now suffer from lack of infrastructure maintenance and other problems, being under-invested for many years. And estates in former Eastern germany, in those renewd and rebuilt cities, are that cheap, that people from Poland, Czech and Russia are buying them and moving there, which increases tensions and, once again, German nayi sentiments.
This aint over. Far from it.
BTW...if you read Shadows of the Europe, back from 2nd or 3rd edition, there is chapter on Czech, and IIRC you can see western part heavily influenced or actually ruled by Russians. Which reflects a lot of today`s reality...

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #516 on: <05-14-13/1640:56> »
Hrm, that is interesting. I wish any news outlet in the united states actually gave information about the world around us, it's like living in a vacuum over here.

Mithlas

• Omae
« Reply #517 on: <05-14-13/2041:45> »
Too much politics in the media, I prefer BBC - they're also accessible online, which is good as I haven't had TV for a few years.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #518 on: <05-14-13/2104:07> »
I've just recently been exposed to television in the last few weeks, the "News" is nothing but conjecture and stories here. CNN, NBC, CBS, and especially FOX. It's depressing when I have to get a paper from another country to know what's going on within my own.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #519 on: <05-14-13/2106:28> »
I've just recently been exposed to television in the last few weeks, the "News" is nothing but conjecture and stories here. CNN, NBC, CBS, and especially FOX. It's depressing when I have to get a paper from another country to know what's going on within my own.

Conjecture and stories? You're being too kind. It's all propaganda and fear-mongering.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #520 on: <05-14-13/2108:26> »
To be precise.

Mithlas

• Omae
« Reply #521 on: <05-14-13/2124:41> »
You don't enjoy the propaganda? Well, at least it has some purpose.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #522 on: <05-14-13/2127:28> »
it's hilarious to watch with family.

Sichr

• Prime Runner

Re:

« Reply #523 on: <05-15-13/0146:28> »
I've used to turn off the sound and play some music, like Sepultura or like, when watching news. Best music video ever.
Well for news I alsou use BBC or Reuters. I only wish I had more time to read, there are some realy good geopolitics books on the market.