NEWS

Shadowrun Fifth Edition available for pre-order from Amazon

• 45 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-23-13/2320:35> »
Shadowrun Fifth Edition - 22 May 2013  :D
http://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-Fifth-Edition/dp/1936876515/ref=sr_1_15?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1366771910&sr=1-15&keywords=shadowrun

Looks like quite a few SR5 books are in the pipeline:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Daps&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1366771806389#/ref=sr_st?keywords=shadowrun&qid=1366771810&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3Ashadowrun&sort=daterank

So hopefully the pre-orders at the Battleshop will be going up soon.

I wouldn't advise making use of the Amazon pre-order yet. The last pre-order I did with them, they at least had a cover image to show (that was the Magic Item Compendium for D&D 3.5).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <04-23-13/2341:58> »
Don't trust Amazon.  I don't believe Catalyst distributes directly through them, so they cull their release data from secondary sources, some of which are guesses and just made up.

(And no, I'm not certain what SR5's release date will be, I just know better than to ever trust Amazon for Shadowrun information :))

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <04-24-13/0118:24> »
Don't trust Amazon.  I don't believe Catalyst distributes directly through them, so they cull their release data from secondary sources, some of which are guesses and just made up.

(And no, I'm not certain what SR5's release date will be, I just know better than to ever trust Amazon for Shadowrun information :) )
They always use the lowest bidding Deckers for Datasteals.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wizard

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-24-13/0404:25> »

:'( And there I was, hoping to have the PDF before the end of May.

I will be waiting for the SR5 LE bundle from the Battleshop anyway. So hopefully the pre-orders for that aren't too far away.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #5 on: <04-24-13/0419:23> »

(And no, I'm not certain what SR5's release date will be, I just know better than to ever trust Amazon for Shadowrun information :) )

Chumps.  Sometimes you shouldn't skip on quality.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #6 on: <04-24-13/0822:08> »
My FLGS (Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie, MD) has been taking pre-orders for a few weeks now. They aren't promising a specific date yet beyond what's been publicly announced (at or just before Origins in June, subject to change). I'm down for two copies and a starter kit.
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-24-13/0943:00> »

:'( And there I was, hoping to have the PDF before the end of May.

I will be waiting for the SR5 LE bundle from the Battleshop anyway. So hopefully the pre-orders for that aren't too far away.

I wouldn't wait on the LE....I would get a regular 5th Edition book to hold you over the year+ wait for the LE that I am expecting
based on the SR4A LE wait...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #8 on: <04-24-13/1002:39> »
I'll probably get the PDFs as soon as they're out, and grab hard copies down the road.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: <04-24-13/1008:45> »

Chumps.  Sometimes you shouldn't skip on quality.

You get what you pay for...
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-24-13/1101:10> »

Catalyst definately does not distribute directly to Amazon.

(And no, I'm not certain what SR5's release date will be, I just know better than to ever trust Amazon for Shadowrun information :))

Based on what Jason posted as his "gift" to Loren, all the chapters should be in layout by the end of the day. We're getting closer!
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-24-13/1102:52> »
Based on what Jason posted as his "gift" to Loren, all the chapters should be in layout by the end of the day. We're getting closer!

Poor layout gods! But...this will be awesome when they get it done!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-24-13/1222:08> »
I'll probably get the PDFs as soon as they're out, and grab hard copies down the road.

Same here since the new edition won't really be playable for a few months (maybe a year depending on release schedule) until there are more sources out.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #13 on: <04-24-13/1231:38> »

Same here since the new edition won't really be playable for a few months (maybe a year depending on release schedule) until there are more sources out.
The core book's looking pretty robust, to me, honestly.  I plan on starting off a campaign as soon as my local gamers can get their paws on it.  We might do some retroactive adjustments after the fact (to include more advanced/specific options from splatbooks), but, honestly, I think you'll find the core book is enough to at least get a game started.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <04-24-13/1242:34> »

The core book's looking pretty robust, to me, honestly.  I plan on starting off a campaign as soon as my local gamers can get their paws on it.  We might do some retroactive adjustments after the fact (to include more advanced/specific options from splatbooks), but, honestly, I think you'll find the core book is enough to at least get a game started.

That's something that gets said about every game, and it doesn't work out that way. The more sources are available for a game, the more fun it is.
« Last Edit: <04-24-13/1302:09> by All4BigGuns »