NEWS

Some dragons got shot at ?

• 66 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-18-13/1607:31> »
Well Perriwyn may be back in the shadows I guess.  And artifact dragon (struggling with the name at the moment, Bottled Demon dragon)

Feel a little bit hesitant to see the Orange Queen working the shadows though.  Could anything in the shadows really withstand her power?

If she has to keep a low profile, she is stuck in her metahuman form, which means at that point there are limits to her power (ability to withstand damage from high powered sniper rifles, for instance).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-18-13/1613:07> »
Unless she just sustains Force 52 Armour and Combat Sense spells.

Hestaby's Magic is high.  Very, very high.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #17 on: <04-18-13/1702:49> »
Indeed. I wouldn't worry about Hestaby getting sniped. If someone who isn't even an Immortal Elf like Surehand can have defenses in place to avoid getting sniped, you know Hestaby can manage it just fine.

Perianwyr could be back in the game, depending on how well things between him and Ghostwalker got settled.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <04-18-13/1740:30> »
If she has to keep a low profile, she is stuck in her metahuman form, which means at that point there are limits to her power (ability to withstand damage from high powered sniper rifles, for instance).
Unless she just sustains Force 52 Armour and Combat Sense spells.

Hestaby's Magic is high.  Very, very high.
Indeed. I wouldn't worry about Hestaby getting sniped. If someone who isn't even an Immortal Elf like Surehand can have defenses in place to avoid getting sniped, you know Hestaby can manage it just fine.
She could borrow a lot of buttons from Harley.  ;D  (Seriously, look at his button list in Street Legends Supplemental!  Then imagine a dragon accessorizing!)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-18-13/1842:02> »
Hackey sack power focus?

No, wait.  Hackey sack centering focus.  :P
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

zenbubble

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <04-18-13/2240:22> »
Well Perriwyn may be back in the shadows I guess.  And artifact dragon (struggling with the name at the moment, Bottled Demon dragon)

Arleesh

-Chris

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-18-13/2247:17> »
Arleesh doesn't really seem like she personally gets involved in the shadows. She'll show up to appropriate things that may be magical threats, but other than that, she doesn't really look like the kind who would get her hands dirty. Like most dragons, she uses proxies and pawns to hide her movements. Really, other than Perianwyr, I can't think of another dragon getting his talons dirty by actually doing the shadow-work themselves. If Hestaby steps into the shadows herself, now that she can't rely on her hoard to pay runners, that'll be something to see.

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #22 on: <04-18-13/2249:42> »
Perianwyr could be back in the game, depending on how well things between him and Ghostwalker got settled.

Peri has..  problems.  When last we left our intrepid dragon, he was rotting in a jail cell in Denver.

However, I'm working on a 4 Mission adventure set for Origins called "The Dragon's Song" that follows up on this.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #23 on: <04-18-13/2256:05> »
Peri was busted out towards the end of the chaos in Denver happenings in Stormfront.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <04-19-13/0001:20> »
Not true, Bull. He got sprung out while Harlequin was causing chaos in Denver and fighting Ghostwalker. Storm Front, pg 111

My Characters

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #25 on: <04-19-13/0046:03> »
Arleesh doesn't really seem like she personally gets involved in the shadows. She'll show up to appropriate things that may be magical threats, but other than that, she doesn't really look like the kind who would get her hands dirty. Like most dragons, she uses proxies and pawns to hide her movements. Really, other than Perianwyr, I can't think of another dragon getting his talons dirty by actually doing the shadow-work themselves. If Hestaby steps into the shadows herself, now that she can't rely on her hoard to pay runners, that'll be something to see.
Given the opportunity, I bet Ghostwalker would give it a go. Sirrurg too.
The two of them would be Pink Mohawk as drek if Denver and NatVat are any indications.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #26 on: <04-19-13/0114:33> »
Yup.  And who do you think those Shadowrunners will be?  Duh.  Mission 1 takes place during that chaos.

Fulcrum

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <04-19-13/0646:06> »
One thing threw me in Storm Front.  In the character section, it states that Frosty is from the Path of The Wheel tradition.....

.....which is kind of odd, given that she was initially self-taught (in Missouri), and then extensively tutored by Harlequin (who laughs in the general direction of modern Traditions), and maybe Ehran (who she seems to be the gofer for, nowadays).  That's not a whole lot of connection with Tir Na Nog, which is where the Wheel is primarily found (rather exclusively, from the Street Magic writeup). 
Sure, she's in her 40's, but.....you'd think she'd be more or less in the same tradition as Harlequin, just with a lot less "investment".

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-19-13/0744:57> »
One thing threw me in Storm Front.  In the character section, it states that Frosty is from the Path of The Wheel tradition.....

.....which is kind of odd, given that she was initially self-taught (in Missouri), and then extensively tutored by Harlequin (who laughs in the general direction of modern Traditions), and maybe Ehran (who she seems to be the gofer for, nowadays).  That's not a whole lot of connection with Tir Na Nog, which is where the Wheel is primarily found (rather exclusively, from the Street Magic writeup). 
Sure, she's in her 40's, but.....you'd think she'd be more or less in the same tradition as Harlequin, just with a lot less "investment".

And where is it you think they got the Path of the Wheel from in the first place?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Fulcrum

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <04-19-13/1533:49> »

And where is it you think they got the Path of the Wheel from in the first place?

Given that we (and by "we", I mean "I") don't know who all was involved in the founding* of Tir Na Nog (Brane is an Immortal Elf, but was evidently the same as Frosty, a post-Awakening addition to the stable).....I don't know.  The writeup for the Path of The Wheel more or less states that it's Tir Na Nog-only (with some of it's higher paths being exclusive to the Danaan families and their buddies). 

I figured that, if some of the Immortals were involved in developing the Path, that it was a watered-down version.......since most of the IEs (other than Ehran, Harlequin, and Aina) aren't exactly the most caring and giving type of people (IOW, they'd give the Tir a "better" system of magic than was otherwise available in the Sixth World, but one that was still no threat to them).  Thus, it would seem to follow that Frosty, being the pupil of Harlequin (who apparently wasn't involved with either Tir, at all, much less having anything to do with their magic), would get a better "product".

In other words: "urggh?"

*-we know that Ehran, Sean Laverty (is he a new IE, or a holdover from the Fourth World?), and Aithne Oakforest were all behind the founding of Tir Tairngire.  Tir Na Nog seems a bit more nebulous (though Alachia seems to be tight with Brane).