NEWS

2 Concepts I had that I'd like to see what you guys could do with them.

• 8 Replies

umraefein

• Chummer
« on: <03-27-13/2043:48> »
Hey guys. I recently had a few ideas for characters that I'd like to see how they'd work... I know you have more experience/knowledge than me, and was kind of hoping to see what you thought.

The first one is an idea that a player and I worked up together. He'd be a hacker/rigger who specialized in putting nanobots in food he'd cooked so they could destroy people from the inside out, and he's also a stoner. Not sure how much of that you can do with the rules, but it's an awesome idea, and I'd like to see if it'd work.

The second one is actually a comedy character idea, based on Cartman from South Park. He'd be a dwarf street sam focused on shooting things and beating people in the knees with a baton. ("Respect my authoritaaaay!")

Not sure if either is workable, but I'd like to know what you think/come up with.
"Speech"
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
thoughts
magical communication

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-28-13/1456:49> »
You don't need to be a dedicated hacker/rigger to use nanites, just enough programming to say  "Attack current host in 2 hours" well after he's done eating them.  The only reason why people don't regularly assassinate people in this fashion is because nanites are expensive, and on most occasions won't outright kill a full health target.

As for the cartman, usually people are more willing to help you out if you've got most of the character built the way you want, and then they will help you solve it from there. I have yet to see anyone build an entire character from scratch for another with a simple concept request. 

umraefein

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <03-28-13/1503:01> »
Well, the hacker part was the player's idea. That's sort of his thing.

True... I really should try building it myself...
"Speech"
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
thoughts
magical communication

Mithlas

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-28-13/1544:35> »
1) I think you're looking for a hacker of at least low skill (riggers and characters with other primary jobs can easily do this as well) and Carcerand nanites.

2) This doesn't look like a hard character to build yourself.

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-29-13/2139:17> »
1) Ordinary hacker with knowledge skills in nanotech and cooking, who uses an expensive and not always super-effective way to take out targets.  You might talk to the player and see if he would consider expanding his repertoire to include things such as toxins and explosives, possibly taking the chemistry and demolition skills.  Addictions are in the game as negative qualities, and are probably relatively common among runners, who are a mix of street punks and people who have burned out at their corporate jobs.  The more professional runners might look down on him, but would still be used to working with people like him (or worse).

2) Street samurai are comparatively easy to make if you are making someone whose main focus is violence, with just enough stealth and social skills to get by.  It's only when people start trying to add to much to them that they start getting messed up.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-29-13/2240:16> »
Isn't there a metavariant with adiposis?

umraefein

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <03-29-13/2243:48> »
Nope. Although you could probably make it a changeling.
"Speech"
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
thoughts
magical communication

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-29-13/2318:53> »
Adiposis is a terrible negative quality for a street samurai because of the penalties it gives.  You are better off taking the positive quality dermal alteration/blubber for a changeling.  The only metatype noted for being corpulent is the ogre, because their digestive system is so efficient that it gives them more energy than they usually need, meaning that a lot of ogres are flabby and big-bellied.  If the character had SURGE I, he could always have dermal alteration/blubber and ogre stomach.

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #8 on: <03-30-13/0641:38> »
Cartman would be a neotenous dwarf, for sure.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.