NEWS

Restatting implants

• 10 Replies

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« on: <03-09-13/2023:56> »
I don't know if this is the right section, but it's worth a shot to just post and see if it is. Till then, I wanna talk making implants better.

Currently I have houserules on Extended Volume and Orthoskin/Dermal Plating/Dermal Sheath. For the former, I replaced the original increments of time for breath holding from +48 seconds to +5 minutes per rating, with a max of 15 minutes of breath holding due to the enhanced lung capacity and blood-flow.

For the latter, I chose to give more bang for their buck by making it 2/2 per rating, with it capping out at 6/6 total armor. The armor not adding to encumberance is still there, however.

Do these sound pretty good? I haven't the chance to implement them in-game, but does anyone think they look good as is or need work? Also, this thread could be a way to show off any other augmentation house-rules that you've all designed.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-09-13/2034:17> »
Not sure about Extended Volume, but the other three are fine as they are.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-09-13/2105:26> »
The armour implants don't need to be any stronger - they're not in any way, shape or form meant to be primary armour, and thus their bonus shouldn't be all that large; this is especially true since they do not encumber.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-09-13/2111:12> »
After thinking a bit more, perhaps Dermal Plating could use a slight boost to help it compete with Dermal Sheath. Even if the Plating gave the same armor as the Sheath, the Sheath would still have its benefit of being able to get Chameleon Modification, so the higher cost would still be worthwhile.

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <03-09-13/2122:01> »
So it stays 1/1 for the first 2 ratings, then goes 2/2 for the last? A cap out at 5/5 sounds good. I think what makes Dermal Plating good in comparison to Dermal Sheath and Orthoskin is that it's cheap, but has no add-ons alongside, unlike the others.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-09-13/2124:22> »
If you want more implanted armor than Dermal Sheath can give, get a Cyber Torso and load up 5 of its capacity slots with armor.

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <03-09-13/2144:39> »
True, but what if you wanna stuff up the Torso with an other implants, like a Nanobot Hive or Oxygen Reserve? I liken the armor added to cyberlimbs and things like plating and sheathing to being secondary to armor equipment. Even rating 3 of any of them could benefit from Armor Clothing to beef you up in the least conspicuous way possible(except for Plating. You can't hide that very well)

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-09-13/2244:58> »
True, but what if you wanna stuff up the Torso with an other implants, like a Nanobot Hive or Oxygen Reserve?

Than you have to make choices.  That's how it works - you cannot have everything.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <03-09-13/2305:44> »
True, but what if you wanna stuff up the Torso with an other implants, like a Nanobot Hive or Oxygen Reserve?

Than you have to make choices.  That's how it works - you cannot have everything.

Exactly.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-09-13/2325:05> »
I'm sorry, but how is that an "exactly"?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <03-10-13/0031:11> »
I'm sorry, but how is that an "exactly"?

I was agreeing with your point.