NEWS

[RECRUITING] Noobz - The Bunraku Breakout - New GM

• 22 Replies

Gustovness

• Omae
« on: <02-24-13/1936:26> »
Hoi, Chummers!

Before I get too into the mission that we'll be running, let me give you a bit of a disclaimer.  I have only played one session of Shadowrun before on live tabletop.  I got my feet wet in making characters, conducting tests, combat, legwork, and using Chummer.  Other than that, I have no Shadowrun experieince outside of the old Sega game.  I would have liked to gain some more experience before trying to GM but seeing as how hard it is to get into a game with there being so many players outnumbering GM's, I figured I'd take a dive into the deep end and see what happens.  After all, I figure there have been plenty of groups of people who get into SR with their friends all at the same time and SOMEONE has to GM the first time through.

Now that we got that disclaimer out of the way, if you're still interested in playing:

I will be running a pre created mission I found on the forums, The Bunraku Breakout.  If you've never heard of it, I suggest you DO NOT look it up! This will RUIN you experience! That being said, I reserve the right to change things and throw curve balls into the fun.

THIS WILL BE AN EXTRACTION MISSION.  It will take place in Seattle so expect an urban setting and plenty of cops around.  If you aren't a sinner, you'll need a fake SIN.

I'm going to need FOUR runners, 400 BP built on Chummer.  When I pick my four runners, we'll work out emails over PM so you can send me your Chummer files.  All books are welcome.

The scope of the mission will take place over the course of a day, so we're looking at a very short game.  I'll be honest, this is more to feel out the mechanics of the game on PbP and to get those "first time jitters" out of our systems.

As seems to be the norm after reading through a bunch of games, we'll set the minimum post amount at 1 per day to keep things moving along.

There are no special house rules, nor are there special house exceptions.  We are going by the book on this one (quite literally).

If anyone is interested in being team lead, let me know in this thread when you give me your character info.  This will mainly be for RP purposes but it could also speed along the rate of the game by giving broad orders to the other team members (as opposed to politely suggesting back and forth that two guys from the team go here and then spend another two days figuring who those two guys are going to be).

I'm going to leave it at that and wait for prospective recruits to post here.

Any SR vets are welcome to PM suggestions or point out mistakes that I've made.  Please keep it out of the thread.  :-X
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-24-13/1939:29> »
I would love to play! I'm very new, so I understand if you want somebody more experienced.

GMs are scarce around here... get ready for the deluge....

EDIT: But seriously, this is exactly the sort of game I've been looking for... I'm part of a super-cool mercenary game right now, but feel a little over my head. Short, brief, standard Seattle Shadowrun that will help me re-learn the rules? That is pretty much the perfect recipe for the sort of game I'm looking for right now.

I have two characters sketched up in Chummer that I can send later tonight (roughly 4 or 5 hours from now)... one is a female elven adept face/singer who's close to useless in a fight. The other is  an orc street samurai type, the exact opposite, and would make good team muscle. I'd happily play either, depending on group needs.
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/2018:43> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-24-13/2218:07> »
Either one works!  Make sure if you pick the Elf that she can at least swing SOMETHING should things go south!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Reiper

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-25-13/0014:34> »
I'd love to join you.

I've been wanting to do a mage shape shifter (my other run I was going to use her on fell through due to RL issues), although if you'd rather me not take the shifter aspect (and I'd have to see how viable she is on a non karma build) then I have an elf mage I could run instead. I'd just have to do some rebuilding since she was one of my earliest chars.

Posting at least once a day shouldn't be a big problem with me, although I do often post from work and I work evenings (3:30pm - 3:30am Mon - Thurs CST).

I'm also very easy going with character critiquing and working with the GM to ensure that the character suits the game needs rather than only what I want to do.
Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix
"Hello, my name is Johnson, I would like to introduce you to my associates, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, and Mrs. Johnson."

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-25-13/0021:46> »
I must say I'm a bit reluctant when it comes to the shape shifter character.  I'm going to try to be as open as I can and let you run whatever unorthodox character you guys would like but I'm not 100% sure how to even deal with shape shifters as a GM.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Reiper

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-25-13/0045:23> »
I must say I'm a bit reluctant when it comes to the shape shifter character.  I'm going to try to be as open as I can and let you run whatever unorthodox character you guys would like but I'm not 100% sure how to even deal with shape shifters as a GM.

They at least should be RP'd more of an animal than human (I do this a lot in a Star Wars RP with my Barabel Jedi).

But if you are uncomfortable with it then I'm perfectly fine going Elf (I want to do a Banshee but again, its a tad further out there and I am not a huge fan of permanent essence loss via paranormal ways so would request house ruling on that so that's not something that I'd care to throw at you as a new GM).

I'd probably do more of an elf/face manip or illusion mage if you aren't comfortable with the shapeshifter.
Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix
"Hello, my name is Johnson, I would like to introduce you to my associates, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, and Mrs. Johnson."

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <02-25-13/0129:22> »
I'd love to join! I'm also very new to the game. So this would be a prefect way to get myself more adjusted to SR. Unfortunately it's 130 in the morning here so I don't have a character handy, but I promise to work one out when I wake up.

Seeing what there are for suggestions, I'll probably look into a ranged combat oriented character like an adept or a combat mage/healer, but I'm squarely not opposed to playing a bruiser if Bewilderbeat wants to play his face instead of a street Sam.
« Last Edit: <02-25-13/0137:21> by Padawan »
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Gorean

« Reply #7 on: <02-25-13/0313:46> »
I'd like to join.

"Lord" British elven expat, is an in person hacker. With backup ability to face and shoot. By backup I mean 12 dice pool in social and 11dice in guns. So he relies on talking his way into a place then can use hardware and/or hacking to get access or avoid being seen. Once the Derek hits the fan then he can still handle himself though not as well as a street sam. Can bring TacSoft to the table depending on your opinions on the software.

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <02-25-13/0925:02> »
Again, as I oringinally stated, please keep advice in pMs and out of the thread.  If I could only delete comments  ::)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Severus Snape

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <02-25-13/0932:30> »
If this isn't full, I've got a hacker/medic ready to go.

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <02-25-13/1209:12> »
I'd like to join.

"Lord" British elven expat, is an in person hacker. With backup ability to face and shoot. By backup I mean 12 dice pool in social and 11dice in guns. So he relies on talking his way into a place then can use hardware and/or hacking to get access or avoid being seen. Once the Derek hits the fan then he can still handle himself though not as well as a street sam. Can bring TacSoft to the table depending on your opinions on the software.

PM your character sheet.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <02-25-13/1242:38> »
Just got word from our GM that my Face, Siren, is good for play. Here she is:

Code: [Select]
== Info ==
Street Name: Siren
Name: Alicia Redford
Movement: 10/25, Swim: 6
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Public Awareness: 0
Elf Female
Composure: 11
Judge Intentions: 13
Lift/Carry: 5 (30 kg/20 kg)
Memory: 6
Nuyen: 0

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3
AGI: 5
REA: 5
STR: 2
CHA: 7
INT: 3
LOG: 2
WIL: 4
EDG: 3
MAG: 5

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   6
Initiative:                8
IP:                        1
Astral Initiative:         6
Astral IP:                 3
Matrix Initiative:         5
Matrix IP:                 1
Physical Damage Track:     10
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Active Skills ==
Animal Handling            : 0                      Pool: 2
Animal Training            : 0                      Pool: 2
Archery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Armorer                    : 0                      Pool: 1
Artisan                    : 4 [Singing]            Pool: 9 (11)
Automatics                 : 0                      Pool: 4
Blades                     : 0                      Pool: 4
Climbing                   : 0                      Pool: 1
Clubs                      : 0                      Pool: 4
Computer                   : 0                      Pool: 1
Con                        : 5                      Pool: 17
Cybercombat                : 0                      Pool: 1
Data Search                : 0                      Pool: 1
Demolitions                : 0                      Pool: 1
Disguise                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 2
Dodge                      : 0                      Pool: 4
Escape Artist              : 0                      Pool: 4
Etiquette                  : 3                      Pool: 14
First Aid                  : 0                      Pool: 1
Flight                     : 0                      Pool: 1
Forgery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Gunnery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Gymnastics                 : 3                      Pool: 8
Hacking                    : 0                      Pool: 1
Heavy Weapons              : 0                      Pool: 4
Infiltration               : 0                      Pool: 4
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 6
Intimidation               : 0                      Pool: 6
Leadership                 : 3                      Pool: 13
Locksmith                  : 0                      Pool: 4
Longarms                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Navigation                 : 0                      Pool: 2
Negotiation                : 5                      Pool: 17
Palming                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Parachuting                : 0                      Pool: 2
Perception                 : 1                      Pool: 4
Pilot Ground Craft         : 1                      Pool: 6
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 4
Pistols                    : 3 [Tasers]             Pool: 8 (10)
Riding                     : 0                      Pool: 4
Running                    : 1                      Pool: 3
Shadowing                  : 0                      Pool: 2
Survival                   : 0                      Pool: 3
Swimming                   : 0                      Pool: 1
Throwing Weapons           : 0                      Pool: 4
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Unarmed Combat             : 1                      Pool: 6

== Knowledge Skills ==
Bars and Clubs             : 4                      Pool: 7
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Magical Theory             : 1                      Pool: 3
Music                      : 4                      Pool: 7
Or'zet                     : 6                      Pool: 9

== Contacts ==
Johnny Crash (Musician) (2, 4)
Little Miss Phosphorous (Hacker) (1, 3)
Mr. Twist (Fixer) (3, 2)
Shannon Ortel (Horizon Talent Scout) (4, 2)

== Qualities ==
Adept
Astral Beacon
Combat Paralysis
Fame (Local)
Geas (Incantation)
Inspired (Singing)
Low-Light Vision

== Powers ==
Commanding Voice
Enthralling Performance (Artisan)
Improved Ability (Non-Combat) (Con) Rating: 3
Improved Ability (Non-Combat) (Negotiation) Rating: 3
Improved Ability (Non-Combat) (Etiquette) Rating: 3
Kinesics Rating: 3
Voice Control

== Lifestyles ==
Low  3 months

== Armor ==
Lined Coat                6/4
   +Biomonitor
   +Fire Resistance 5
   +Nonconductivity 5

== Weapons ==
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 6   DV: 1S   AP: -   RC: 0
Yamaha Pulsar
   +Concealable Holster
   Pool: 8 (10)   DV: 6S(e)   AP: -half   RC: 0

== Commlink ==
Renraku Sensei (2, 2, 2, 4)
   +Renraku Ichi

== Gear ==
Ammo: Taser Dart (Tasers) x40
Contact Lenses Rating 3
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 3
   +Image Link
   +Flare Compensation
Fake License (Car) Rating 4
Fake SIN (Alicia Redford) Rating 4
Headphones Rating 3
   +Audio Enhancement Rating 3
   +Spatial Recognizer

== Vehicles ==
Mercury Comet (Sedan)
   +Vehicle Sensor

== Description ==
Blonde, petite, attractive-but-not-quite-gorgeous. She has a small, slightly upturned nose and smattering of birthmarks on her left cheek.

== Background ==
A local celebrity in the music scene, Alicia Redford is known for her jazzy, bluesy renditions of popular hits, poems and folk songs. It is an open secret that she has more than a little magic in her voice, leading to that double-edged "you should really see her live" quality.
Her career as a runner under the obvious-in-retrospect moniker "Siren" is a relatively new phenomenon. The nuyen is good, but she knows she will have to someday decide between her music career and her criminal career. She comes from a low-class background, so she is comfortable with stealing, cheating and lying, She longs to be a musician for a living, but doubts she has the talent to break out of the local scene.

== Concept ==
Face/Adept with little to no combat ability. She can defend herself with her taser, but if she ends up in the middle of a firefight something has gone very, very wrong. Negotiation and distraction is her stock and trade, however.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <02-25-13/1301:48> »
If this isn't full, I've got a hacker/medic ready to go.

Still a couple of slots left.  PM me your character sheet.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Severus Snape

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <02-25-13/1450:54> »
EDIT:  Character removed.
« Last Edit: <03-04-13/1306:14> by Severus Snape »

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-25-13/1551:02> »
Still have one slot left.  Gonna need some muscle just in case.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit