NEWS

[IC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Company Adventure

• 340 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #60 on: <02-28-13/0322:57> »
In that case I am in the second team, scout position.
In some bright moments, when her feelings came back to Nina, she felt a bit discomfortable in the presence of ex-UCAS. Her grandfather spent hir whole active life fighting or at least watch out for those guys, and the same applies on Nina's active duty in NAN border patrols. Cold logic says that minimizing direct social contact would be wise, as Nina is fully aware of her condition.
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/1420:57> by Sichr »

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <02-28-13/0446:57> »
Ok, so we need magic support and scout support in each team as well as a pilot.

Scouts: Red & Antal
Mages: Fisher & Omeed
Pilots: Nathen & Nico Cochrane
Medics: Ellena & Nina

Then we have me and I'm not quite sure if Lieutenant Kovskina will join us in action(?)

Since Omeed want's to be on Reds team we have so far:

Team A:
Red, Fisher

Team B:
Antal, Omeed

I'ld ask the pilots and medics to decide for themselves which team to pick.

I'll fill up the team that Lieutenant Kovskina dosn't pick, or if he dosn't join us the team that has more need for additonal firepower.
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/0804:11> by Thrass »
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #62 on: <02-28-13/0512:43> »
Sidi Kovskina watched the exchange in silence, until it seemed they were ready for his input.
"You'll be shipping out in a few hours, we'll still have satellite communications for the first 4 hours about, as long as you stay under 100 meters as we near the coast there isn't a radar out there that'll pick us up. The closest islands to the coast are a good 50 kilometers away, and the VTOL aren't designed to launch any boats. The missile site is probably set up to fire on aircraft running along those routes, so unless we screw up they won't be set up to intercept a low flying aircraft over sea.

The first VTOL is set up to launch the Hussar, the second is set up to carry personnel, so you may want to reconsider how you're going to deploy initially. I don't know what their cargo was other than it was magical, I would assume that they will not want us to keep any records of what it is, but it must not be very temperamental if they didn't give us explicit care instructions."
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #63 on: <02-28-13/0729:47> »
Perking up and visibily pleased the planning was coming along, Ellena nodded along with what Kovskina was saying

The fact that we haven't been warned about the cargo mean's hopefully it isn't that dangerous, but then again its magical and therefore not inside my sphere of knowledge...

I'm not sure that spliting up is a good idea though. If the pilots stay with the planes that only leaves 7 total, so a team of 3 and a team of 4. I'd rather remain 1 reasonable, if redundant, unit that 2 under strength forces that are riskier. The crash site has already been there for 2 days, taking a little bit longer to find it but arriving with enough resources to do something when we get there seems more sensible to me.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <02-28-13/0734:59> »
"I'm with you on that one Ellena" answered Richard. "I'd rather stay as one group if something happens, but after 2 days the bad guys are probably long gone. Besides, 2 groups that stay relatively close to each other would cover more ground looking for clues, which would mean less time out in the frozen wastelands."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <02-28-13/0741:36> »
As said before, I would like to be in team B. About numbers... 7 men and some drones, that is an army, not a SO squad. Doubling resources on single place means waste of both, resources and time. Splitting numbers mean halving the search time.
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/1419:19> by Sichr »

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <02-28-13/0806:05> »
Butcher opened a shared file for everyone to read and edit and put Down Teams:

Team A:
Red, Fisher, Ellena

Team B:
Antal, Omeed, Nina

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #67 on: <02-28-13/1037:44> »
Antal leaned back in his chair. He watched and listened to the others as they talked. He was starting to like the sound of the organization, and always preferred to say less and listen more than the other way around. Splitting into two teams was a risky move, however having a little friendly competition between the teams may even push everyone to do their very best.

"I like the sound of this. I think it will work as long as people keep their heads on straight," he said cooly. He sat as a poker player at the table, sizing people up and making calculations whlie trying to stay under the radar.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <02-28-13/1206:52> »
Rubbing his chin, Viktor says, "100 meters, a little low, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem to stay low enough."
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <02-28-13/1547:07> »
Just being curious, how far can you bring down that plane at speed?
The terrain looks flat enough to me.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <02-28-13/1831:10> »
Omeed continued listening to the discussion, glancing from one speaker to the next. When Butcher sent over the file, he scanned it briefly and bounced it back, simply appending the word "Accepted" to the end. While he trusted all his comrades, Nina and Antal in particular seemed to have particularly level heads, a quality Banai himself admired. He was certain they'd gel well as a team, regardless of who their fourth turned out to be.
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/1838:33> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <02-28-13/2020:10> »
"There are times when you can't know exactly just from a read-out map like this, so I'm not going to make any promises, but I assure you, I'll fly as low as possible," Viktor responds.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #72 on: <03-03-13/0949:03> »
Red kept his distance from the whole new wave of unnecessary chit chat. That was no planing, at least not in his understanding of the word. For him the plan was ready ever since he heard the mission - Micro spy-drones sweep the peninsula, scouts investigate any unusual findings support take care of any problems. They are no boy-scouts who have to make a chain-sweep of a forest to find a lost dog or, in best case a child who has lost his way.
The side you are arriving from or the landing spot will not change the flow of the mission. The team idea.... Yes in other circumstances it would be a good thing, but for know they know absolutely nothing about the situation, not the number of boogies that they will encounter, nor they location, sending them in small groups will only weaken their ranks, not to mention the idea of sending in Pilots on foot. Any half decent CO would not even think on allowing pilots on the sweep, nor Medics for that matter. Are they still in the 20th century, that the sweep has to be done by people not high grade drones? Or is the Best PMC in Russia is at the level that military was 100 years in the past? a quick glance at his cybernetic implants as well the metal-man standing right next to him he knew better to think that way.

When Fisher Nominated him for a leader position on one of the teams, Red declined " Not going to happen."

A bored look at Sidi Kovskina, In his mind there was nothing much to discuss or plan. either the attackers have left taking the cargo with them or they sit with it in very defensible positions. An ambush, possible but very unlikely, as the trap would have been kept up for 2 and a half full days, and any soldier would lose his grip and concentration after the first 12 h in such an tactic. Still, if they had some information it could prove the case,a mole could easily send a warning as the team approaches, but then most likely scenery would be attacking them while still on board the plane.

For a while he ignored the irritating message of the shared file, it was a bad idea, splitting up even worse to endanger the people who have no combat benefit at all.  When he could no longer bear the notification jumping all over his AR, he glanced at it then closed it. No need to take part in this childish plaything, the CO will decide these kind of things anyway, not by preference but skill and need.

A deep breath escaped his chest. What did he get so upset about? Why did he care so much about the survival of this squad? He barley knew some of them, some only by name, some even actively avoided his presence. In the end he will be a scout, be the most forward guy who looks for ambushes, and will not be the one who has to catch the bullet for the pilot who has almost no combat experience compared to the Commandos. He would die alone either way.

But all this, he kept to himself, he will not start a 3rd fight in the briefing, the CO(Commanding Officer) has the say in the end anyway, and having done that in the UCAS he did not envy his position, not with this colorful bunch as them.

"Just remember that we have to one plane for passengers and one for drones." He said in a voice as would it not be any business of his. He forwarded his contemplation to the CO adding a request for two HPistols with Thermo and low light camera mods, just in case they would need to fight on both fronts at the same time. and this was the best way,to him, for having eyes on his six. He was used to ensure his survival himself and he was good at that.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <03-03-13/1046:30> »
All Nina is able to respond is what was said aloud. While it is the good point, it seems Red dindn`t get the whole idea.

Yes. This allows one of our riggers to stay on the signal range to privode us with drones, while second plane is awailable for multiple drops...One team with floatable boat above the bay, another on the norther coastline on the pennisula, or both teams on the bay cost...this place depends on our approach. And this plane would aslo be ready for emergency pickup if we go hot. Since we dont have exact crash site loation, the more time we spend seeking for it the better. On the other side...using Hussars just for recon and go there when we know whats there seems legit. as far as hussars are propper for this task and loosing them wont do too much damage. Hell I`d rather have twenty Dragonflies sneaking around there, looking under every rock, well this is not my call...

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <03-03-13/1350:47> »
Looking to Nina, Viktor says, "That island is not a good idea, and I've no idea why some are so fixated on it. Fifty kilometers over unknown ocean waters in the sort of boat that will be available is an unnecessary risk."

Register