NEWS

[IC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Company Adventure

• 340 Replies

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <02-27-13/1321:55> »
Omeed nodded as Fourleaves spoke. "Quite right. With the redundancies in our group, splitting up might be an advantage, even necessary. Fisher and I can summon spiritual support to expand the search radius even further. Although if we'll be coming up against Awakened forces, which considering the cargo, we may, that might not be worth the risk." He shrugged, but gave Nina a nod of approval before she continued speaking.

When she expressed her concerns about flying into an area where two planes had been already been shot down, he remarked: "Approaching by sea would be nice, but keep in mind we're already two days behind. We may need the speed air travel will afford us. I'd been assuming that we land or drop in somewhere just outside the danger zone, then begin our investigation of the likely crash site on foot or otherwise by ground." He let the implications of trekking through the frozen north on foot hang in the air for a moment. It was an unpleasant proposition, to be sure, but... well, they all knew what they were signing up for when they agreed to join on with the company.

Overall though, it seemed Fourleaves had a good handle of the situation, and Banai was glad she spoke up. He looked at her with renewed respect.
« Last Edit: <02-27-13/2021:34> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #46 on: <02-27-13/1347:12> »
True. Waiting for the navy always proved to be deadly for those on ground. What about those planes we have. Could not those be equiped with some kind of ski or flotation?
Nina looks at Viktors greased forearms
How long would it take to get such modification done?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <02-27-13/1356:30> »
Thinking for a moment, Viktor responds, "It would take a while to make such modifications--at least the floatation. The 'skis' may not with enough hands."
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <02-27-13/1422:16> »
Well Ill do whatever is needed. But this was just an idea. Your plane, your call...

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <02-27-13/1427:28> »
"It depends on just how much time we have before we have to depart whether making such a modification is feasible in either case, however, being VTOL craft, it shouldn't be too much of a problem should there not be time to make such a modification." Viktor replies, "On another note, as long as we have the appropriate information on any radar systems active in the area, I should be able to get us fairly close to the crash sites."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <02-27-13/1439:58> »
Comming low from the sea can save us trouble, you are right that with tilt craft and your skill we can be able to behave more or less like the boat. Or we can make a drop above the sea, using inflatable boats or skis in case of glacial for the final approach. Aircraft would stay there before we make radio contact and find out what`s ahead. Eliminating the threat first would make rescue operation easier. And maybe we can get some more procise coordinates from their gunnery computer, if we are lucky.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <02-27-13/1446:09> »
Viktor nods and says, "My thoughts exactly, however, taking fuel considerations into account, it would be best to set down on solid ground before deploying. Also, it would be a wise move for someone to remain on station at the plane to facilitate our networks and communications, as well as to be prepared for a speedy evac just in case."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <02-27-13/1500:44> »
Seems like there is a little island in that bay. Maybe we can use it for LZ and temporary base?

Nina tried to get better angle on the sattelite map, to be able to read terrain profile...Good that here, inside briefing room, they have all tech and info at hand.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <02-27-13/1508:32> »
After a moment of getting a better look at the satellite image, Viktor nods, "It could be a bit far from the crash site especially over open water, but it could suffice for defensibility. It may be a bit better to take a bit more travel time to set down on the end of that peninsula, however, as not only is it less distance to the estimated crash site, but that distance is overland rather than across the bay."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <02-27-13/1527:50> »
We got two planes, this may be done simultaneously. And we will have whole polygon covered for quick evac or air support from at least one angle. Good idea. We can start search from those two poins, one team going south-east from the peninsula towards estimated crash zone, another boat or walk over glacial heading north-east from the island, looking for traces and possibly locating DCA`s.

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <02-27-13/1528:18> »
Nina makes a very good point, 2 days is an awful long time to compose a rescue mission. We might be walking in to a prepared foe's ambush. Gotta consider that when we're in the field.

Ellena moved up to join Nina at the map, noticing the pungent doggy aroma and wrinkling her nose.

I'm not sure adding the complications of travelling on water is worth it, these a risk of someone taking an ice bath out there and that's never good. I'm sure our pilots could come up with solid landing sites. I think landing one as a forward ops base is a good idea, with the other possibly on standby as ariel cover? Any chance of requisitioning some snow mobiles for faster land travel?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <02-27-13/1539:26> »
As it looks from here, at least we dont have to climb mountains. Still, water would be most comfortable and allows us to get right to the middle of the target zone without spending too much energy. Well, if jets are able to take us there under radar and safe, that would be good too.  And since they were taking down just our clients aircrafts, we could possibly be safe, as we are not on the roster, they possibly wont have our flightplan...

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <02-27-13/1904:26> »
We should pack chutes just in case.

I like the idea of snow mobiles too.

And we should decide which way we split independently of doing so.
For the case that we ever need to split on the field and it needs to be fast.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <02-27-13/2020:55> »
Omeed Banai was still leafing through the physical report in his hands,  eyes darting between the words in front of him and ARO display of the map. He stayed out of the vehicle and mechanical discussions, as they were very much outside his area of expertise, but judging by the perpetual bobbing of his head and the faint smile on his lips, he seemed to like what he was hearing.

In response to Butcher's suggestion, he spoke up. "Well, that should be simple enough to start. If we need to split up, Fisher should go with one group, and I should go with the other. That way, both groups are assured to have magical, astral and spiritual support." Banai glanced over at Fisher, seeking his gaze and approval. He didn't want to speak for a comrade, but it seemed like the only logical course of action.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <02-27-13/2131:34> »
"That makes the most sense" answered Fisher to Omeed's suggestion. "And I also think we need to settle on a team leader while we're at it. I'll nominate Red."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Register