NEWS

Anne ravenheart, mirror murders and seeks the moon

• 12 Replies

Hellion

• Omae
« on: <02-16-13/0932:04> »
Ok I have a bad habit of going back over the shorts stories in some of the books... Can anyone tell me what in the weird that shorts story is about or what it leads into cause I love it... It sounds like there is something really interesting going on
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-16-13/0947:09> »
It has been touched on in some Shadowtalk as well. It does sound/read like something Man-of-Many-Names should be chiming in about.

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-16-13/1931:26> »
Well I remember reading a novel where seeks the moon was an ally spirit of a Mage who got stuck in Chicago and Anne ravenheart was in the novel too. I also remember seeks the moon severing his tie with said mage(his name escapes me at the moment) and becoming a free spirit. Which brings me to wonder what the hell is going in here ???  Why would someone like Anne ravenheart need a free spirit helping her, what is going on that they are investigating, and what does the implication that the victims are working/have worked for horizon got anything to do with it ?????
« Last Edit: <02-16-13/1933:00> by Hellion »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <02-16-13/1939:04> »
Indeed, Seeks the Moon was an ally spirit originally, and went free after his summoner almost died after the main UB hive got breached. Together with Anne Ravenheart and some surviving Firewatch guys, they managed to get the nuke Ares had brought into the city to the building on Cermak where the bugs were setting up a new hive, and sent it in just before the bugs finished putting up a massive ward to protect themselves, trapping the explosion inside.

Ravenheart now has her own department at Ares, which is basically the Ares version of the X-Files. In other words, anything weird and freaky involving magic, spirits, or other such nastiness is the kind of thing she'll investigate.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-16-13/1958:31> »
So Anne is scully and seeks is moulder ???? Jokes aside I'm just wondering what the tarot cards and mirror auras are about because in the short story it seems to imply that they are the common theme between all the murders that are occurring (aside from being or having been employed by horizon).... The other to really wierd/worrying things that are implied in the story are that these murder victims seem to have identical auras (seeks says that shouldn't be possible) and seeks also says that  person did the killing....

I'd love to see a mission or series of missions on this to run a group thru.

"I want to believe"

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-18-13/0409:21> »
Guess no one else is interested oh well time to read more and see what else catches my eye :D

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <02-18-13/0630:27> »
It isn't that no one [else] is interested, it's more about the amount of information in the "open" regarding this - very little.

It is a capital mistake to theorise without data.

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-18-13/1445:46> »
*Bows in direction of Master Longshot*
Apologies for the little rant there.... Seeing as I'm a little behind with my reading thought there might have been more info that I hadn't seen.... If that short story is the only thing that touches on it I can understand not speculating on it

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #8 on: <02-18-13/1449:08> »
I know Malik had some plans for that, but I'm not at all sure what became of them.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #9 on: <02-18-13/1800:05> »
Anyone can point me at the story? Ive used this "xfiles" detachement, and Sculy nicknamend character, as one of main contacts for players in first runs. This may be hillarious turn of events :D

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #10 on: <02-18-13/1811:43> »
"The Killing Game," Street Legends, p. 62. That's the only one I know of, but it's not a plot I'm keeping close track on, so I could easily have missed something.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #11 on: <02-18-13/1943:56> »
Also talks about it in Conspiracy Theories, I believe.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <02-18-13/2053:57> »
Also talks about it in Conspiracy Theories, I believe.

Oh goody goody that's gonna be the next one I read after I finish hazard pay then... Hopefully it will give me a few more clues about what is going on or at least make it a lot more interesting (yeah right it's already plenty interesting for me)