NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 784 Replies

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <04-02-13/1611:16> »
Since most of the newer guests, seemed to be off in their own world, Cookie had taken to trying to pull the local news feed in his comm and idly considering starting a conversation with Paolo about he thought about the others, if only to get some kind of reaction of them, when the newest visitor arrived and spoke to other two Huh, so she knows them, must be the sociable one, I need to work on my observation skills......wait if that's the case then whats with the other one in the suit, the rigger I understand.....I think this experiment is a failure, still I have some improvement is better than none with that he puled his goggles back up on to his forehead and rubbed his forehead.
" Hey. Paolo, it's been bothering me for a while now but your from out of town right? I'm only assuming because your accent  doesn't match any I've heard around Seattle." his face and voice betraying not even the slightest emotional indicator.
« Last Edit: <04-02-13/1613:52> by Punch »
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-02-13/1636:15> »
The newcomer was raising some hopes for Gibbon. She seemed to know the to other women and more importantly she was casual and friendly towards them. He took a breath to greet her when the question of Cookie took him unawares. This was a surprising development, and he felt inclined to answer. "You're right, i spent quite a few years outside of the city. Seems like the cachaco rubbed off on me." The lack of interest made the dwarf's answer shorter than he normally would have given. "But i've been back for almost a year now."
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <04-02-13/1723:48> »
Cookie contemplated this for a few seconds....." I see, just trying to establish a few things, I wouldn't want to pry further..." his head turning back down the room away from the latest additions conversation, then in a much lower voice ...."I'm more curious how much potential revenue can come from this job" then he turned his gaze back to the other part of the room where the other conversation was taking place.
"Also people knowing each other like this is always  a good sign" as he gave a casual wave at the newcomer, out of casual curiosity he gave the room another glance over on the astral, his next reaction could simply summed up as Ahh, makes sense...

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <04-02-13/1726:10> »
The house definitely seems lived in and kept clean but the astral reveals that not many auras pass through the foyer, there are likely few other occupants or guests than the owner.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #19 on: <04-02-13/1732:57> »
Silk turned around with a deep sigh, her face revealing her disappointment.
"Well... Thank you very much, Kitten. there goes that part of my character.", she pouted. It was difficult to judge whether or not she meant it.
She bowed politely and tried a little smile.
"Hello and long time, indeed. Things are as well as can be expected, I suppose.
Although I do wish the people I'm supposed to associate with would know how to dress to the occasion."
, she added mournfully.

Silk snapped her fingers. "You there. Follow me. ", she barked, pointing towards the guy wearing... Denim?! Did he leave his pizza-stained wifebeater at home or is that what he's wearing that beneath ugly jacket?
"Drone, will you show us to the bathroom please?"
She followed the drone and didn't even look back to see if he was following, instead she just continued to talk. "I won't be seen with you looking like that. How you even managed to get here without being stopped by security is a damned mystery. And of course Kitten never learned any actually useful spells, like the one that changes clothing. Once a merc, always a merc... As if combat's the important part of the job. Heh."

In the bathroom, she conjured a small Nano-Weave Spider drone and batches of Nano-Fixx, Alkahest and C-Squared. "Right. Now strip down and let's get to work."
« Last Edit: <04-02-13/1736:14> by Xzylvador »

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #20 on: <04-02-13/1805:18> »
Andromeda smirked as she had remembered to wash out the oil of her coverall from last weeks. Silk was on top of her agenda again.

a short messaged was sent to Kitten over the comlink > I thought we go in as unknown to each other? no one told me of the plan change .... <
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <04-02-13/1823:28> »
Cookie Looked across at the dwarf, shrugged, looked at the rest of the group "I'll go if only to keep the peace" and then looked across to the woman before getting up to follow is this what they call the better part of valor? as he followed her behind at a distance down the corridor as she berated him, only pausing to answer her back.
"Um...I got a taxi also mostly know where all the obvious cameras are and staying out of sight of patrols is a job requirement"
Her next question when he stepped inside the bathroom after her caught him by surprise.
"I'm not getting any privacy am I.....
That was the last thing he got to say as he did he best to strip down and conceal anything that may cause an issue.

trying to hiding stuff he doesn't want the crazy woman to see. (3d6.hits(5)=1)

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <04-02-13/1843:33> »
"Madre de Dios!" Gibbon mouthed while watching the scene unfurl. He then hopped from his seat and went over to Kitten, an astonished look still on his face.
"Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Paolo... or i think i'd better introduce myself as Gibbon, seeing that you all readily use your runner names." The sentence sounded as half question but it could be the influence of what he has seen just moments before. "I take that you know her from before. Is she always this... determined?" He hardly found the appropriate word. "That felt like the skirts of a hurricane even when it wasn't aimed at me." By the end of the last sentence the dwarf was back to his energetic self, smiling up at Kitten.
Bulldog
Stake

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <04-02-13/2351:03> »
Legion was in his standard outfit of a bodysuit and pieces of a PPP armor set, designed to create the image that he was also at least part machine. He pulled up in his Conestoga to the building they were told to meet the Johnson at. Which of us should go in? The two Rotodrones and a Kanmushi sounds good. With that Legion got out of the Conestoga with the two Nissan Rotodrones and a Shiawase Kanmushi which he kept in his hand and attempted to bring a Machine Sprite into existence before heading in.

[spoiler]RES 6 + Compile 6 + Codeslinger 2 + Paragon 1 = (15d6.hits(5)=6) or RES 6 + Compiling 6 + Codeslinger 2 + Paragon 1 = 15 vs Rating 3 (15d6.hits(5)=9) Giving the Sprite an extra optional CF (for being Rating 3) of the Clearsight autosoft. Using one task owed to stay outside of the room we meet the Johnson in and keep me informed if anyone else is moving towards the room.[/spoiler]

Legion then gave the Rotodrones two commands. One to stay hovering near, and the second to fire on anyone designated as hostile. With that, he walked into the room with his drones and set the sprite inhabited Kanmushi on one of the walls to let it do what it needed to do. He addressed the gathered crowd with a somewhat cold detachment. "Hello everyone. Sorry we're late, we ran into traffic. Our name is Legion, and who are you all?"
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <04-03-13/0005:40> »
Padawan I'm fine with you using the first roll, you need to roll the sprite's resistance to see how many tasks you get  and then roll to see if you took any fading damage.

With the rotodrones entering  the foyer was becoming very crowded.. and loud, their rotor's making their distinct vip-vip-vip noise as the hovered. The Manservant drone returns from the bathroom and after offering to take legion's coat as well, it jerks to a halt at each drone, seemingly confused, until it begins to talk in it's digitized synthetic tones "Master shall see you momentarily. I shall take you through once your compa-pa-patriots are finished in the wash room" It speaks with a programmed english accent.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <04-03-13/0230:59> »
Andromeda smirked as she had remembered to wash out the oil of her coverall from last weeks. Silk was on top of her agenda again.

a short messaged was sent to Kitten over the comlink > I thought we go in as unknown to each other? no one told me of the plan change .... <

'I wasn't aware of any plans concerning whether we know each other or not. Maybe they forgot to tell me, or I forgot.' She texted back.

"Madre de Dios!" Gibbon mouthed while watching the scene unfurl. He then hopped from his seat and went over to Kitten, an astonished look still on his face.
"Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Paolo... or i think i'd better introduce myself as Gibbon, seeing that you all readily use your runner names." The sentence sounded as half question but it could be the influence of what he has seen just moments before. "I take that you know her from before. Is she always this... determined?" He hardly found the appropriate word. "That felt like the skirts of a hurricane even when it wasn't aimed at me." By the end of the last sentence the dwarf was back to his energetic self, smiling up at Kitten.

"When it comes to dressing just right for the occasion," she said, "yes, she is.  Why do you think I came in this and not my BDUs.  I sometimes think her closet crosses an international time zone.  But she's good at what she does and as far as quirks go, this is quite innocent.  I've seen much worse."

[spoiler]
assensing Legion, Gibbon and Cookie during the wait (Cookie before Silk took him away).
intuition 5 + assensing 3 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=2)
Legion: 1 hit
Gibbon: 3 hits
Cookie: 2 hits
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <04-03-13/0559:43> »
"When it comes to dressing just right for the occasion," she said, "yes, she is.  Why do you think I came in this and not my BDUs.  I sometimes think her closet crosses an international time zone.  But she's good at what she does and as far as quirks go, this is quite innocent.  I've seen much worse."
Gibbon laughed at the time zone reference but suddenly he became serious. “I can second that. But it is rarely pleasant to be swept away by the winds.” Then he smiled at the Egyptian girl again. “By the way, is Kitten a nickname between you three or may I also call you that?”

Assensing result
[spoiler]The aura of Gibbon showed a mixture of emotions. Astonishment and disillusion gave the base on which some relief and hope started to appear, obviously the effect of Kitten’s friendly attitude. The dwarf was a mundane, and his body wasn’t whole (Essence less than Kitten’s Magic): his eyes, ears and nose were all shadowed by minor modifications and besides some additional ‘wares in the brain, the shadows on his body indicated some kind of reflex-increasing mod.
Underlying these, only faintly visible there were scars that indicated some painful and important event in his life. The faintness suggested it happened quite a few years ago. When Kitten mentioned seeing worse, the whole aura of Gibbon just darkened, unpleasant memories must have come to the surface.
[/spoiler]
Bulldog
Stake

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #27 on: <04-03-13/0612:34> »
It probably was a very good thing Silk missed the entrance of Legion. When she arrived back in the foyer, she couldn't be 100% certain whether the drones belonged to the -horribly dressed- newcomer or whether they were additional security called in by the Johnson now the group had arrived in its total numbers. The looks of some of them certainly warrented the additional security. In any case, she thought the things were noisy and dreadfully misplaced but realised it was simply too late to do anything about. Another time out and forcing the employer to delay the meet wasn't an option.
Why do people insist on making my job harder.

Quote from: OOC
Going to leave writing about his own character to Punch. Don't want to force too much here. Since this is all fluff, not going to roll unless Chrona asks for it; consider it a mix of disguise, tailoring and industrial cleaning to make him look more presentable, maybe make his clothes look like some niche expensive (and in her eyes completely wrong) fashion trend.

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <04-03-13/1116:49> »
It had taken some pleading from Cookie but eventually when they left the washroom, he still had his original clothes, although Cookie got the distinct impression that she really didn't approve of his old duster, the small armory he was carrying may have had something to do with the fact he was allowed to still wear it, regardless his clothes were now as clean as they were on the first day he bought them.
Now in addition to his original clothing, he sported a black waistcoat cut to hide the combat webbing he was wearing, including a fresh looking plain white shirt, one of those shawl/scarf things that he'd recalled being popular at one point with a black and red fractal pattern design, if only to make easier to hide his face when needed.
She'd also been pretty insistent than he kepp the coat open instead of done up and had on a few occasions gave him an earful on his fashion sense, he suspected he was going to get more on the way back.
at least she made no comment about the Aphrodite...then again she could've anyway...at least the waist coat helps hide the ammo pouches....why did I not think of this before, didn't know you could have them cut in this way so they'd hide the bulk...wonder if I can get one of these cut in a way that allows me to hide a spare clip or four, spare knives definetly....

Tried not to take too many liberties, he did bring all of his weapons and the smart pouch combat load vest, including all of his medical related stuff plus the basics.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <04-03-13/1156:49> »
Gibbon laughed at the time zone reference but suddenly he became serious. “I can second that. But it is rarely pleasant to be swept away by the winds.” Then he smiled at the Egyptian girl again. “By the way, is Kitten a nickname between you three or may I also call you that?”

"It's a name my mentor gave to me, all these years ago when I was lying about my age to join a merc batallion," she said, "and it stuck since then."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"