NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #900 on: <06-03-13/0824:24> »
Clementine drives carefully around town, trying to get out without bringing any attention to the Jeep or to her driving. She makes sure she obeys the laws of the road and keeps an open eye for any law enforcement personnel.
[Spoiler]Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Perceptive 2 + Actively looking 3 (12d6.hits(5)=6) no glitches[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #901 on: <06-05-13/0141:09> »
Sammy followed Matt, while she started thinking.  If she could see how smugglers really worked, she might go back to making a movie about it.  Not starring in it, but maybe as director.  The real world of Shadowrunners and smugglers, instead of what was shown on the trid now.  Even in her short experience as runner, she had seen that the trids got the majority of it wrong.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #902 on: <06-12-13/1019:35> »
The diner that is attached to the truck stop does not have a name, and really, why bother?  There is no character to the place, just a counter and a few booths, with some Flav-O-Rite vending machines on the back wall for those who have no interest in dealing with metahumanity.  For all that it is reasonably busy,  which helps the runners who go inside identify where they are going.  Among the booths there is only one with a single occupant, a greasy looking Caucasian reading off a hand held datapad while he sips from a mug.  Matty heads straight for him.

Sam strode into the diner, tapping his cane imperiously against the hard floor, his entire bearing one of command and disdain. His eyes swept the room, clearly dismissing everyone as being beneath his notice. After a brief pause, he gave a disgusted sniff and walked over to the booth.

[spoiler]
Perception check on the room: 12d6.hits(5)=6
Perception check on the man in the booth, trying to get a read for his personality, especially: 12d6.hits(5)=5
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #903 on: <06-12-13/1310:01> »
Johnny follows close behind Sam but slightly off to the side doing his best impression of a body guard. His eyes dart around the inside of the diner behind the mirrored sunglasses before settling on the man in the booth.

[spoiler]
Perception roll on the room : 8d6.hits(5)=4
Perception roll on the man (trying to assess if a physical threat ) : 8d6.hits(5)=2
[/spoiler]
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #904 on: <06-12-13/1406:39> »
Sammy followed Sam, and she checked out the guy they were heading to in the astral, as well as his obvious back-up.  She also looked around a bit for the non-obvious back-up.

[spoiler]
perception to look for back-up people.
intuition 3 + perception 2 + vision enhancement 2 + looking 3 =10 (10d6.hits(5)=2)

assensing (in order: the contact guy, his back-up, any other back-up I might have seen):
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=0)
luckily no glitches
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #905 on: <06-12-13/1533:03> »
Heron stayed back behind the others, letting them do their thing. He still had his spirit on call, should they need backup, and his spells were as ready as they could be. Time to let the others do their part. His would come when things went downhill.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #906 on: <06-12-13/2241:58> »
Matty waves Torley and Sammy to take seats in the booth, "Tony, hey, these are VIPs I told you that wanted to 'get religion' and needed a hookup."  The comment is delivered deadpan, so it must have been some coded phrase.  The message sent, Matty steps back and swivels a seat around to sit on.  The action clearly intended to cede control of the meet to the principals in the booth.

The greasy man looks a bit perturbed at the young ork, but covers it with an introduction of his own.  "Antonio D'Angelo Mazzarini, I have known to help people get introduced from time to time, I am understanding you have need of my services?"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #907 on: <06-13-13/1511:04> »
Matty waves Torley and Sammy to take seats in the booth, "Tony, hey, these are VIPs I told you that wanted to 'get religion' and needed a hookup."  The comment is delivered deadpan, so it must have been some coded phrase.  The message sent, Matty steps back and swivels a seat around to sit on.  The action clearly intended to cede control of the meet to the principals in the booth.

The greasy man looks a bit perturbed at the young ork, but covers it with an introduction of his own.  "Antonio D'Angelo Mazzarini, I have known to help people get introduced from time to time, I am understanding you have need of my services?"

Ignoring Matty's gesture, Sam remained standing, looking down at the man in the booth. "Mr. Mazzarini. You may, of course, refer to me as Mr. Johnson. I have been...inconvenienced, and I have been led to believe that you may be capable of helping me deal with the situation. I have a team which requires transportation into UCAS territory for a job. Due to the time-sensitive nature of their task, speed and discretion are of the essence. Assuming success, extraction would happen after 72 hours. Would your services be sufficient for my needs, or should I look elsewhere?" His voice was low, pitched so that Tony should be able to hear clearly, but hopefully the rest of the people in the diner wouldn't be able to eavesdrop.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #908 on: <06-14-13/1309:15> »
Both Matty and the greaser in the booth look thoroughly confused, Matty more so, his mouth opens visibly for a second before snapping shut and looking at Ms Delavine for...support?..explanation?  but he gets his business mask back together quickly.

Tony's face shifted for a second, suspicion and avarice battling for control, the latter becoming the eventual victor.  "While this is not the situation I was brought here to work on, you are fortunate in that I am just about the only person you might have a chance of meeting that would be able to make the arrangements you need." he taps a few things on his pad, "There are additional resources available to facilitate extraction, though I don't believe that the agent we have ready would be available for a second trip..." he laughs at some private joke that Matty also seems to get, but is still too confused to react to.

"I would need to know what kind of extraction will be necessary"  noting that Torley hadn't sat down he adds, "I would also need you to have a seat, if you are not seeking to advertise the business nature of this meeting."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #909 on: <06-14-13/1556:10> »
Sam cast a dismissive look at the bench. "No, I think it better if we discussed this outside. We will both be more comfortable. We will leave now; you, young Matthew, and your friend with the bulging jacket may join us in a few minutes. Try not to make it obvious that you're following us."

With that, he turned, nodded to Sammy and Johnny, and left the diner. Once safely outside, he turned to them. "Okay, we've got a moment to talk--I think. Sammy, you seemed fairly relaxed; I take it that meant there weren't any astral issues in there. Good. This guy wants to be bigger than he is; I can work with that. I'm going to make him think we're local, hence the extraction bit--he'll be more likely to cut us a deal if he thinks this could lead to repeat business. Any thing I missed? Questions?"

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #910 on: <06-16-13/1317:08> »
Johnny nodded "I'll play bodyguard some more and keep the muscle separate. That way you can have a private conversation." Johnny smiled and positioned himself at the corner of the building.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #911 on: <06-16-13/2019:43> »
Matthew goes to the latrine when he is left behind by the runners.  A minute passes before the greaser and his muscle make for the door.  The fixer pauses at the door to light a smoke, then walks to the group, When Johnny moves to cut off the muscle, a look passes between them and with nod from his boss the muscle backs up from group and gets a good firing arc on the meet.

The fixer moves up to Torley with the stick dangling off his lip and offers his case to him.  "You may think you are above all this pal, but you called me, and I am not one that is working on a timetable.  Are we gonna do business or what?"

As this is occurring, Matty also exits the diner.  He moves to Jonny's side, while keeping from blocking any of his sight lines.  Leaning against the building, he speaks softly for the adept's ears only, "Sure wish you guys would figure out whose team I'm playing for here, getting tired of being treated like I ain't wanted."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #912 on: <06-16-13/2028:57> »
Hm...  Really should find a way to get these guys doing something; they don't strike me as the sort to do the whole 'sit and wait' thing well.

"You know, given that we might have to get moving the moment we get the word, we really ought to have a couple of contingincy plans.  Obviously the ideal is just to dodge around the cops, but if that ends up looking like it won't work I don't wany to be caught unprepared." He spared Clem a glance.  "You said you knew a thing or two about law enforcement, right?  Got any ideas on something that might force them to pull manpower away from looking for us?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #913 on: <06-16-13/2307:46> »
The fixer moves up to Torley with the stick dangling off his lip and offers his case to him.  "You may think you are above all this pal, but you called me, and I am not one that is working on a timetable.  Are we gonna do business or what?"

Sam's smile was polite and business-like. "Mr. Mazzarini, you do not know me. I do not know you. Therefore, it is entirely to be expected for there to be some...initial mistrust. As you point out, I initiated this contact; it is thus my...unaccoustomed...role to extend the first 'palm branch'." He cleared his throat, obviously not used to being in this position. "As I said in that...grease pit someone deems worthy of the title 'diner'...I have been inconvenienced. Specifially, my normal 'deliveryman' learned more of my operations than was proper, and knowing the importance of the upcoming trip, decided that it was time for him to negotiate a higher salary. The negotiations did not go in his favor, naturally; unfortunately, that left me with certain obligations of my own, and a notable gap in my resources. If it weren't for these obligations, I would take more time in finding a suitable replacement. However, if I am to fulfil them in my normal timely manner, I must replace him sooner."

Seeing a glint in the fixer's eyes, Sam continued. "Do be aware, Mr. Mazzarini, not to make the same mistake my former deliveryman made. While I desire to fulfil my obligations on the original time scale, it is not vital to me to do so. Attempt to profit inappropriately from this circumstance, and..." He shrugged eloquently. "Provide good service, however, and you may well prove that you are worthy of...continued relations."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #914 on: <06-17-13/0231:20> »
Clementine looks back at Fionn. "Can't you make an alarm go off somewhere or something?" she asked the elf. "That's sure to get their attention. In a town small like this, the whole force is bound to mobilize for something so trivial. Either that or you could fake a request from law-enforcement in Seattle for some assistance in investigating some location somewhere in the woods. Maybe a reliable tip-off there's a body buried in the woods or something?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Register