"Have you ever been accused of being a precision instrument, mate?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1156 on: <08-04-13/0447:43> »
Before they left, she did a quick look on the astral at Jesus, just to see.  One could never be too careful was one of the things their current situation had taught her.

When they left, she was happy that at least they were moving at some speed, even though it was in an antique.  And it stayed low enough for Sammy to have a quick look in the astral from time to time, to see if nobody was following them around either by projection or by spirit.  She would let the others keep an eye on the normal world, but she was one of only two in this helicopter who could check the astral.

[spoiler]
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1)
I won't be seeing all that much

and assensing the pilot before we leave
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1157 on: <08-04-13/0536:15> »
"The only sweet spot you ever hit involved someone dropping the soap in the showers, Con" answers Clementine, a playful smirk across her face.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1158 on: <08-04-13/0600:00> »
O'Connor smirked, "And they thanked me after. Wanna find out how thankful they were?"
« Last Edit: <08-04-13/0612:39> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1159 on: <08-04-13/0610:19> »
O’Connor was formulating an additional snappy remark when he torqued the charging handle on the unfamiliar weapon and slammed it into place, a move that would be perfectly appropriate on a different weapon that he was much more familiar with, but it did not move as he expected and produced a sickening crunch.  He, again instinctively, went through a few clearing actions in the blink of eye to no discernible improvement before it was snatched away by the Hispanic elf, clearly upset.

“Watcho do ese?” After examining medium machine gun for a few seconds he starts removing it from the recoil arm and stowing it on board, his temper visibly increasing.  As he works, he finally starts to find words again, “I hope you are getting a nice paycheck for whatever run you are on, homes, cuz that is a very expensive gun you just completely fragged up.”

Jesus carefully stowed and locked the gear, then turned back to O’Connor and the others.  “You understand that now if any ghouls or gangers show up where we land I am not going to be able to cover you, that was the only weapon on this bird.  I am just going to have to hot drop you and bug out, understood?”

Sammy’s assensing confirms the truth of his words, and that he is not really happy about it.  She also confirms that he is heavily cybered, with bodyware covering his aura, but heavily concentrated in his head and hands.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1160 on: <08-04-13/0614:25> »
Fionn checked for a wireless signal from the gun.  "Let me take a look - might be something I can do to fix it.  If nothing else, I can arrange for some overwatch to keep the drop safe."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1161 on: <08-04-13/0614:45> »
"I'm not in the mood for some jailhouse romance story now, Con. And if it's as bad as your handling of the bigger firearms, then I'm sure you left more than a few customers wanting refunds" answers Clementine, her focus changing to the horizon.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1162 on: <08-04-13/0636:09> »
*Well...drek.* O'Connor shrugged dismissively to cover up his embarrassment, "I'll get ya a replacement. I got a buddy that can turn a washing machine into a howitzer. Trust me, once you give his custom job a whirl, you'll be glad I broke this one." He pulled out one of the stolen commlinks that had somehow gotten a few small cracks in the screen. He typed out a message to Darrell, <Sup omae? On my way back to town now. Oh, I got a project for you, FN MAG-5, meant as a vehicle mounted weapon, the full works. See ya soon Half-Pint.>
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1163 on: <08-04-13/0653:31> »
"Damn, whole thing's a throwback, ain't it?  No wireless?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1164 on: <08-04-13/0711:39> »
"It's mid-20th century technology, so what do you expect," Sammy said to Fion, before putting on the headset so she could talk to the pilot in the cockpit, "You should take this thing to LA.  There's directors who like some realism in their trids and you don't find stuff like this anymore.  I know of at least one project that could use it, even if it's only to make a scan for the CGI dudes to work with."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1165 on: <08-04-13/0714:08> »
"Oh, I don't know, a few concessions to functionality?  Nothing I can do for fixing it as it is.  No guarantees with wireless, mind you, but there'd be a chance."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1166 on: <08-04-13/1229:01> »
"The door gun is...was for manual operation and was on the old girl when she fell into my lap back in the '50s.  The lack of wireless is part of her stealth package, I got a little toy a friend of mine made I will show you later, but you may not like it, O-Taco." as Jesus climbed into his seat, he pulled a set of wires out of his pocket and attached them to different parts of the console in front of him, a console that you note for the first time that doesn't appear the least bit functional, with missing handles and damaged displays.

As he plugged in the wires to himself he responded to Sammy, "Ain't been back to LA in years.  After I got mi mama and little cousins out of El Infierno, the only time I went back was to spread her ashes.  You keep the stars, senorita, I'd rather have the skies."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1167 on: <08-04-13/1444:32> »
"I'm from East LA," Sammy said, "You know, that barrens just next to El Infierno."
She took a seat in the back where she could look outside and keep an eye on things.  Also should the need arise, she could get out quickly.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1168 on: <08-04-13/1806:02> »
"So, how does someone like you end up in this life in the first place, Sammy?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1169 on: <08-04-13/2042:26> »
Clementine gets in the chopper and takes a seat in the middle, trying to be equidistant to everyone and everything. She keeps an ear open for Sammy's answer to Fionn's question though.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix