NEWS

Dirty Tricks now released! Get your vote in now!

• 11 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« on: <11-06-12/1127:44> »
Print book now available for pre-order, PDF available now! From the Shadowrun4 home page...

It’s Election Day here in the U.S., so we’re celebrating with the release of our political-themed sourcebook, Dirty Tricks, now available for PDF purchase or print pre-order (Battleshop, DriveThruRPG)! It’s got mud-slinging, assassination, and all sorts of political chicanery, as well as updates on what’s going on with the government in places like UCAS, CAS, Tsimshian, and the UK. It also has the long-awaited results of Proposition 23, the vote on whether or not the Ork Underground will become an official district of Seattle. It’s chock full of scandalous goodness!

Here’s a little more info to whet your appetite:

Digging in the Dirt

Politics is only a dirty word when it’s not working for you. For shadowrunners, politics aren’t about debates and position papers—they’re about taking some of the money people are throwing around.

During election season, when power is up for grabs, people are willing to do just about anything to get a piece of the pie. If you can help them get what they want, they’ve got a job for you. It may be peeking in the windows of the rich and famous. Or finding dirt on the opposition (or making some up). Or, if things get really desperate, ensuring the other guy doesn’t win because he’s too busy taking a dirt nap.

How much money you take in and how dirty your fingers get is up to you and your desire to not see the stars above you when you sleep. You’ll probably have to make some compromises along the way, but since when has life in the Sixth World—or politics—been any different?

Dirty Tricks provides details on the ins and outs of political shadowruns, as well as close-up looks at some of the electoral hotspots around the globe. From dragon attacks in the Caribbean to the long-awaited vote on making the Ork Underground an official district of Seattle, Dirty Tricks is full of news, updates, and game information players need to get deeper in the twisted world of Shadowrun politics.

Dirty Tricks is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition

Battleshop link:
http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=dirty+tricks&osCsid=pd3ncsi38c0bftlereleuk4nl2&x=0&y=0

DriveThru RPG link:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/107819/Shadowrun%3A-Dirty-Tricks

Discus! Review! And get out there and vote. :)

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #1 on: <11-06-12/1456:38> »
A nother book to the list. Now to decide wether to sell blood or sperm, maybe a kidney and get them all. Where is that Tanimous contact number...
Andrew Grim

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-06-12/1530:26> »
I have mixed feelings on Dirty Tricks.  As a rabid Missions player, I liked the followup on Prop 23.  I liked the stuff about Tsimishian, and about the UK.  I found the snippets of the Congressional and Mayoral races in the UCAS interesting.  I like the "Peurto Rico" problem and its ripples.  I'm amused at the rumblings about trying to reunite St. Louis.

I loathe that once again, the CAS got a rehash of dumb stereotypes, a caricature of Texas, a big rehash of New Orleans, a bit on Atlanta, and that Newfoundland's secesionist movement got more written about it than Virginia, the Carolinas, or Florida.  The PCC/Aztlan/Texas thing is weird, arbitrary, and makes no sense without any sort of context from the PCC side.  Admitedly, it was nice to see Tennessee get flushed out, but it would have been nice to see it done without being another stupid stereotype.  The narrative voices for the CAS section of the book make dev/grll look informed and intelligent.

And kudzu?  Really?  Kudzu got more discussion than the state of South Carolina, South Missouri, or Virginia, all delivered in the meandering, ignorant narrative voice that I knew the CAS section would get saddled with.

In short, if you're looking for a few world events, an overview on UCAS politics, a wrapup for Season 4 of Missions (despite the last two modules not being released yet), and a bunch of stuff about the anatomy of political dirty tricks, and are willing to accept yet another shallow and pointless treatment of the CAS, go for it.

taichara

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-07-12/0936:27> »
I loathe that once again, the CAS got a rehash of dumb stereotypes, a caricature of Texas, a big rehash of New Orleans, a bit on Atlanta, and that Newfoundland's secesionist movement got more written about it than Virginia, the Carolinas, or Florida.

I for one am happy to see Newfoundland finally even acknowledged as existing in the Sixth World ;P

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #4 on: <11-07-12/0941:59> »
Newfoundland exists? I thought that was just a story....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #5 on: <11-07-12/1315:40> »
Newfoundland exists? I thought that was just a story....
Nah, we just found it.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <11-07-12/2008:57> »
*RIMSHOT*

Words cannot begin to express how much I hate that this book was my idea (or at least I'm claiming credit for it), but didn't get to write any of it. I like to think the reference to Kay St. at the beginning of the Power Players chapter was a nice wink to that fact.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #7 on: <11-08-12/0855:43> »
Guys, those 'I'm so ignorant it's Ironic' jabs are getting old. Please, stop doing that, it doesn't suit you, and it doesn't help a bit - quite the contrary.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #8 on: <11-08-12/1011:22> »
Huh? What are you talking about?
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-08-12/1501:12> »
I think Kot missed some sarcasam.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #10 on: <11-13-12/1632:50> »
Wow... Feel like a missed something interesting  there.

But not being american, I'm not attached to any one intepretation of cas, ucas etc
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <11-14-12/0046:51> »
I miss Canada.  The UCAS just doesn't have the same way any longer.

I think it's because most of the Breweries went with Quebec.   :'(  Labatt might still be around, however...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Register