NEWS

Making a Good Smuggler/Wheelman

• 21 Replies

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #15 on: <10-23-12/1327:47> »
I think the only adepts that should be allowed cyber ware are hermetic tradition artisans and burnouts. And the prime artisan build should be banned (mind over matter + cerebral boosters)
::) The key word here, of course, being: "I" ...

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <10-23-12/1904:48> »
Um... right. Because what people normally say isn't their personal opinion?

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #17 on: <10-23-12/2119:03> »
No. Because it most definitely isn't what the rules were meant to be, even in spirit, or especially what is necessary to have a legit story or character, as your attitude might suggest you believe. Just wanted to point that out is all.

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <10-24-12/2129:45> »
Actually most traditions are VERY against essence loss. However augmenting adepts is ridiculously good mechanicaly therefore people do it. If you made it the other way round Ie made adepts better than augmented adepts, How many people would play it other than those wishing to roleplay either a burnout or hermatic tradition.

As to mind over matter logic to agi is just ridiculous end of.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #19 on: <10-25-12/1212:40> »
Adepts don't have traditions, by default. That's something you choose for your PC for RP purposes if you want. Adepts are generally more akin to the sorcerers of D&D - their magic manifests as it does, simply because of who the person is.

However augmenting adepts is ridiculously good mechanicaly therefore people do it. If you made it the other way round Ie made adepts better than augmented adepts,
This is a meaningless statement in the context of our discussion. The choices the devs made in regards Powers and 'ware costs were (presumably) made for specific reasons. Part of the uniqueness and allure of Shadowrun is the blending of magic and technology in a world. If the two "worlds" were meant to have more enmity - to not work as well together - the mechanics would reflect that. If a character wants to shun 'ware, that's just as viable of an RP choice as mixing the two is, and I lied before, this is what I really wanted to say: for you to disparage someone's work done as a free service for this community (or anyone's build choice in general, really) over that is extremely lame.
« Last Edit: <10-25-12/1217:24> by emsquared »

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <10-25-12/1653:36> »
well lets just agree to disagree and end the hijack of this thread.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #21 on: <10-26-12/1204:19> »
Good call, we can continue the discussion here:

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=9016.0
« Last Edit: <10-26-12/1220:30> by emsquared »

Register