NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 334 Replies

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #330 on: (09:53:26/09-09-18) »
I was kinda looking forward to these new enemies from the Null nodes. But that... was an incredible slow read.

For 3/4th of the chapter, all they repeat is how mysterious and alien those "creatures" are. And how unknown they seem. And how strange they act. And how foreign they appear. And again, how weird they behave... Well, at least they aren't bodysnatchers, eh? ;-) The thing is: I wouldn't know what to do with them from a storytelling perspective. Because nothing is known about them, I'm having a hard time putting them into anything. Having them "just there" to scare away the Decker on occasion is not very interesting. And on top of that - it's Matrix only. So the Nulls are content for one player only (at the most). Their design is amazingly boring (triangular-mouthed D&D Ghouls) and they don't really -do- anything worthwhile.

They remind me of those Crystal creatures storyline that never went anywhere (anyone remember those? No? Thought so), all those Fairy/Seelie creatures, the old Vampire conspiracy, or the Imps, or that Tutor Spirit (yeah, he was pretty much the same, only in the magic variety).

Well - what am I supposed to do with them?
« Last Edit: (04:56:34/09-11-18) by Ech0 »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #331 on: (10:18:29/09-09-18) »
Monster of the week. =) It's how I used the crystal entities, just a random enemy for a nice plottwist. (Infiltrate a police precinct and investigate why they're so hardline all of a sudden.)
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #332 on: (04:59:22/09-11-18) »
Naaah, I'll wait and see if something else will happen with them down the line. I don't wanna waste them as random Creepy-Crawlies, the first chance I get.

I'd also have to get the rest of the team interested enough in the Matrix going-ons for them to care when the Decker/Techno tells them about "that weird host".  ;)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #333 on: (08:44:54/09-11-18) »
Nah, drop them as 'random creepy-crawlies'. Do it again a few months later. Then, if something happens, you can remind your players that you've been hinting this for months, and suddenly you are a God amongst GMs.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

PiXeL01

• Troubleshooter
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #334 on: (09:21:04/09-11-18) »
Well, the Null must be connected to the 100 somehow. Maybe they are the last fragment of will or defiance trying to bring down the system. The 100 clearly suffered on an unimaginable scale and maybe clearing the foundation based matrix of everything connected to reality would allow them to finally rest.