NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2820 on: <09-24-13/1233:36> »
>>>>>[It all depends on how you define 'safe'. Sometimes 'safe' means locked in a vault. Sometimes 'safe' means hidden at the bottom of the Atlantic under wards. And sometimes 'safe' means blasted into atoms by fire. Personally, so long as the information is retained somewhere that people can learn from it if the fairy tales become reality, I don't care what definition of 'safe' she uses for the original.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (12:32:23/09-24-75)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

SpyroD

• Newb
« Reply #2821 on: <09-24-13/1755:21> »
>>>>>[I inquired and as far as you said seems to be shadows, if all you said me is right will be worse as the time passes, the mage I talked about fear that thing become a sort of astral beacon for shadows and I don't like that thing a little bit even if don't truly understand it. If was me that thing could stay secure as could be either at some DIMR or Draco vault or in the possession of some scaly figure and in that case there is very few Great Gospodin who could let someone peek at the fragged thing for  translation purpose. Probably only Prof. S and I'm not even sure of that.]<<<<<

--SpyroD(23:55:55/09-24-75)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2822 on: <09-24-13/1927:49> »
>>>>>[Since the shadows didn't follow me to Denver when I took copies (both the original and the translations we'd done), I think the power to gather shadows only exists in the original. It's like if you take a powerful focus, and then make an exact copy, only without the process of enchanting it. To the lay person, it looks exactly the same, but the power behind it is lost. Even if the words have power, by being a copy of a copy they are made that much weaker. I would burn it myself, but there's always the chance that this is far more important than I know. Hence, I bring it to those who know far more about such things than I do, and leave what to do with it to them. The thing that makes me wonder, though, is that we've seen artifacts that 'resonate' with eachother before. What if this isn't the only one? If one has woken up, others might wake too.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (19:27:23/09-24-75)

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #2823 on: <09-24-13/2233:36> »
>>>>>[ Oh, Rakhi.  All that time spent with that old prick and you still think that 'only words', copies of copies of copies, makes them weaker?  You spend this much time online, and you still think that??  Tell that to an ork about the Or'zet Codex - or to anyone about their religion's Holy Book.  The copy of a copy of a copy doesn't weaken its power; it spreads it. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (22:30:00/09-24-2075)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #2824 on: <09-24-13/2245:41> »
>>>>>[If it has good information to take these things out, then the more you spread it, the more power you'd be putting in the hands of humanity, right?  Sounds like a good thing to me.  And by humanity, I am including all the fun variations running around these days, not just the baseline.  Otherwise, it might just be putting the fact they exist out there, and it's going to get to people who might think they can use these things to their advantage, with no sure way of getting rid of them.  I'd say try and get it in the hands of the best researchers you know, with the specific idea of getting some way to take them out from the info you've got.  I may be the new booty on the block, but do you know anyone that may be able to fit that bill that isn't scaly?  Or a collection of people who would take figuring out how to kill these things as a challenge?

Also, Bel do you know any good places for somebody with a kid in tow to crash while in London?]<<<<<
     --Siouxsie(19:43:45/9-24-75)
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2825 on: <09-24-13/2344:11> »
>>>>>[An idea has power. Words give shape to the idea, yeah. Older the idea, older the words, the more powerful. I've heard that before. But we've seen monsters from the metaplanes come before. Bugs, shedim, and shadows. What if we had been forewarned and forearmed with the ideas necessary to fight them before they came? I am a warrior, Wyrm. When an enemy shows, when there is blood in the water, Shark calls on me to fight. It would be great if they never showed up, these fairy tales, but someone needs to be preparing, in case they do, sharpening a blade for when the hunt begins.

And Siouxsie, the only people who would know about these things for sure are the dragons and the Elders. I'm neither. Just an ordinary mage, who fights to protect those I've sworn oaths to, a soldier, even now.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (23:43:23/09-24-75)

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2826 on: <09-25-13/0137:33> »
>>>>>[I don't know much about magic, myself, so I'll leave that up to you all, but I can see merit in both points of view.

On that note, I think I've got someone with some Talent. You feel up to checking it out for me, Iceblade? If so, just name a place and time.]<<<<<

-- Predator (00:34:28/09-25-2075)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2827 on: <09-25-13/1729:34> »
>>>>>[ Speaking from long-base analysis, a tome that draws dark spirits is not going to be one that tells you how to fight them ... and in this day and age, reading foulness couched in 'words of power' really can imprint that foulness within you.  If you want more knowledge of this stuff than you already have, you'd better pare down your oaths to someone willing to give you extensive knowledge in these things.  No serious patron, corporate or otherwise, is going to let a dilettante with multiple allegiences into a place where they'll be gaining 'inner secrets' ...
          And not to offend, Mirikon, but you're not a soldier.  A warrior, yes - but a soldier?  No. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (17:30:00/09-25-2075)
Pananagutan & End/Line

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #2828 on: <10-03-13/1051:08> »
>>>>>[This is epic! Speaking about retro, hats off this is simply Mind Blowing! So im not one for Mojo i am as sleep as the next guy, but from what i understand Mojo is creepy dangerous stuff not like jugglin grandes dangerous, but jugglin nuclear warheads dangerous. I don't know if the Trid News is right (and don't get me wrong they are always manipulating us) but ive read that a Mojo Slinger can blow a fraggin arcology with one spell, so if you find and old tome with some dark something, you fraggin burn it to the ground! and you make sure that ground is desintegrated!]<<<<<
     -- WrongConcept (10:11:02/10-03-2075)
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2829 on: <10-03-13/1426:14> »
>>>>>[Well, you certainly have the wrong concept there. There are only a handful of beings who could destroy an arcology with a single spell. Even the great dragons would find it a difficult (though certainly not impossible) task. Well, I guess it would also be possible by metahumans using high level ritual magics. Not on the level of the Ghost Dance, but still high level.

And Wyrm, yes, there's a risk. There's a risk whenever you look into magical secrets. But sometimes sacrifices have to be made. And it is best if those sacrifices are made by someone who isn't too powerful to be stopped if something happens, like myself. If something happens to me, then the threat is confirmed, with little loss. If nothing happens, all the better. But if no one reads the tome, and learns its secrets, then we might be tossing away an advantage that will help us, even if the advantage is simply knowing what is coming, so we can prepare. Imagine if the world had known the bugs were coming before the Universal Brotherhood. One crazy mage is worth that.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (14:24:23/10-03-75)

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2830 on: <10-03-13/1438:15> »
>>>>>[I can see that. If one person going bonkers is the price to save thousands, I say it's worth it. The needs of the many...]<<<<<

-- Predator (13:36:38/10-03-2075)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2831 on: <10-03-13/1833:39> »
>>>>>[ Hm.
Imagine if the world had known the bugs were coming before the Universal Brotherhood.
... you didn't?
          Sometimes it's hard to remember you people aren't me. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (18:30:00/10-03-2075)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #2832 on: <10-03-13/1907:40> »
>>>>>[And I thought Jude was weird.  If you knew about the bugs, then why didn't you tell anyone?  I mean, from everything I heard, only an idiot didn't think they weren't sketchy.  Or somebody who was seriously desperate.  But, if you knew the real danger, WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ANYONE?  Just askin']<<<<<
     --Siouxsie(18:07:25/10-03-75)
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #2833 on: <10-03-13/1941:03> »
>>>>>[Hahaha! He probably did tell people! But like most other crazy stories, people didn't take it seriously. I saw coming a mile away a lot of the drek that happened in the last seventeen years and after a while, I stopped bothering. I just prepare, wait for it and when the drek hit the fan, I laugh my ass off!]<<<<<
     -- Smiley (19:41:11/10-03-75)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #2834 on: <10-04-13/0115:48> »
>>>>>[Y'know, as much as I'd like to argue that.........I really can't.  And I'm not sure if that says more about me, or the world.  Iceblade, again, this is the new guy on the block talking, but if that tome doesn't say how to get rid of them, why not drop it in an active volcano, or send it into orbit?  Or talk to your wife about what she'd like you to do.  I get that you feel the need to honor your oaths, but you've got to consider how you're going to keep that oath, if you hand that book off to the wrong folks.  Yeah, I'm a bit of a liar, and a cheat (not a word, Smiley).  But I also don't make many promises because I keep the ones I make.]<<<<<
     --Siouxsie(00:15:38/10-04-75)