NEWS

GENCON 2012!!! Its on!

• 87 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <05-22-12/0256:15> »
If it helps any, remember that they're returnable for credit towards future badges/tickets/whatever.  So if you end up buying too many, you can just turn 'em back in to help out next year.
I put myself in hock for a year-and-a-half just to get to GenCon this year.  And that was before Kickstarter.

I won't be going next year unless I hit the Lotto.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #16 on: <05-22-12/0423:37> »
If it helps any, remember that they're returnable for credit towards future badges/tickets/whatever.  So if you end up buying too many, you can just turn 'em back in to help out next year.
I put myself in hock for a year-and-a-half just to get to GenCon this year.  And that was before Kickstarter.

Then don't buy very many generitickets, I guess.  I dunno, man.  I was just lettin' ya know.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #17 on: <05-22-12/0920:46> »

Sorry to hear it dude, I had to save a chunk of cash to be able to go to both Origins and Gencon this year, and I'm basically running games to help offset the costs. Not that I dont like it, I don't get to GM or play much as it is.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

crowofpyke

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <05-22-12/1613:22> »
I will be there.  I plan to play the "Land Of Promise" 4 part CMP group.
;D

Tackle 'em in order if you can (or, at any rate, get into "Hopping the Fence" first, if possible), though it's not strictly necessary I think they'll be more fun that way.  Have a blast!  I'm looking forward to hearing what folks think of 'em.

I clicked on "submit wishlist" as the button went live for Event Registration.  I got into the first 3 parts of the "Land Of Promise" series, but I didn't get into any of the "Hung Over" sessions.  Sold out instantly.  Wow.  I will simply have to show up at one of the "Hung Over" sessions and hope to either squeeze in at GM whim, or hope someone doesn't show up.

That said, as Bull noted, getting into a sold out table shouldn't too hard... most of the time.  Two years ago we even had enough extra players and someone willing to GM that it created a "spin off" table of that same module.  Usually, people are pretty agreeable to getting an extra game going if that's what's needed and if we have the numbers for it.  No worries.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #19 on: <05-22-12/1622:01> »
Lots of sold out games end up having seats, yeah.  Gamers are a lazy and easily distracted lot, and GenCon's got (a) a lot of walking to do, and (b) a lot of other stuff going on.  There's almost always a few folks who don't show up to almost any game -- too busy shopping, lunch takes longer than they thought, they can't find the place, they're just tired/beat from days of the convention, whatever -- so it's never a bad idea to show up to a game and wave a few generics around, to try and find a spot.

Icetower

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <05-25-12/1310:46> »
I overbooked myself and my Shadowrun games got dropped from my wishlist, but I'll be there and looking to try to get in on a game. Being the GM of our group, I never get to play!

Tacitus05

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <05-27-12/0646:04> »
Such there is such a high demand..is there a chance that more tables will be added?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <05-27-12/0922:29> »
Such there is such a high demand..is there a chance that more tables will be added?
Oh, sure, let's overwork Bull some more.

No, I'm being serious.  Want me to hold the whip?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #23 on: <05-27-12/1551:40> »
Next year?  not my problem. :)

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <05-27-12/1612:31> »
Next year?  not my problem. :)

Bull
That's what you said last year.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <06-05-12/0444:25> »
We make a concerted effort to get everyone we can seated and if we have willing GM's we try and spin up extra tables as needed (i've ran a table on the fly in the past). Unfortunately if your running with Generics you just won't know until you get there.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

StarManta

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <07-17-12/1534:24> »
I'll be at GenCon, proudly waving the Catalyst flag for the first time! Looking forward to running some games for you all. :)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #27 on: <07-26-12/0745:30> »
Due to a terrific friend lending me his couch and Bull taking on my indentured servitude, I will be at GenCon this year. Look for me at odd places/times. I'll be the one banning spammers with my phone.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #28 on: <07-26-12/1619:48> »
Good to hear it, 'Jack.

We're only about three weeks out, people!

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #29 on: <07-26-12/1851:31> »
Rock on, Jack! See you there!
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.