NEWS

insect spirits why are they bad?

• 202 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #105 on: <05-22-12/0638:32> »
Yes, it was supposed to be a bigger bang. However, as told in Burning Bright, I believe, they launched it into the building the bugs had claimed as their new hive just before they completed a massively powerful barrier ward around the building. The ward snapped shut just before the blast, containing it and amplifying the radiation inside the Cermak crater. In other words, the tac-nuke should have vaporized the entire neighborhood, if not most of the CZ, but the ward kept things contained. Magic + Nukes = Strangeness Happens.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Morg

« Reply #106 on: <05-24-12/1626:15> »
I wonder If Nuclear devices of various different natures have similar undocumented strangeness
How is a hot fusion reactor affected by magic

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #107 on: <05-24-12/1853:31> »
How is a hot fusion reactor affected by magic
Badly.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Morg

« Reply #108 on: <05-24-12/2042:39> »
Badly.

The question then, how many are still running as of crash 2.0?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <05-24-12/2129:09> »
Quite a few. There weren't any reports of catastrophic failures, if that's what you mean. Probably because someone wisely thought, "You know, we really ought to put these reactor controls on a network that isn't hooked up to the Matrix, just in case some idiot decides to cause a meltdown from the other side of the world."

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #110 on: <05-24-12/2153:57> »
Quite a few. There weren't any reports of catastrophic failures, if that's what you mean. Probably because someone wisely thought, "You know, we really ought to put these reactor controls on a network that isn't hooked up to the Matrix, just in case some idiot decides to cause a meltdown from the other side of the world."
Yeah, the only problems were EMP and Magically-Enhanced Nukes on fault lines, but they typically don't build Nukes near there either for the same reason as they kept the controls offline.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Morg

« Reply #111 on: <05-24-12/2219:20> »
On the subject of Nukes and Bugs. Cannon-wise does anyone know if Insect shamans can become Toxic like other traditions, if so how would becoming toxic change the magic tradition? Have there ever been anything on the invae being corrupted by the horrors?

is there a named Bug Queen arch villain yet? we could use a few I think considering how well the bugs can plan.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <05-24-12/2234:43> »
On the subject of Nukes and Bugs. Cannon-wise does anyone know if Insect shamans can become Toxic like other traditions, if so how would becoming toxic change the magic tradition? Have there ever been anything on the invae being corrupted by the horrors?
A pox on that thought!

is there a named Bug Queen arch villain yet? we could use a few I think considering how well the bugs can plan.
Well, there was this one named Euphoria...

My Characters

Morg

« Reply #113 on: <05-24-12/2317:30> »
Call me a dunce but I don't recall where Euphoria is from Mirikon

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #114 on: <05-25-12/0038:58> »
I recall only Desolation Angels...Mantis women gang...well they are mostly supposed to be ..bug hunters...

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #115 on: <05-25-12/0046:04> »
Call me a dunce but I don't recall where Euphoria is from Mirikon

It's from a first edition adventure aptly named "Queen Euphoria".

Morg

« Reply #116 on: <05-25-12/0253:05> »
It's from a first edition adventure aptly named "Queen Euphoria".

nope I don't have it, that would explain a great deal

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #117 on: <05-27-12/1532:31> »
long and short of it Morg is that a sim starlet was hooked on royal jelly and then inhabited with a bug spirit queen. Adventure module was a pain for my team because the friggin bugs killed all our contacts halfway through the adventure and my character went on the warpath. Its why he ended up in Chi town prior to the Cermak blast.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #118 on: <05-27-12/1534:09> »
 :'(

I want memories like those.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae