NEWS

Moding Cyberguns?

• 4 Replies

Morg

« on: <03-22-12/1426:23> »
My group is split on whether or not Implanted cyberguns have mod slots some think it would use up more essence
and if they can be moded do you need both the Cybertechnology skill and Armorer to do the mods.

we would like to hear your thoughts

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #1 on: <03-23-12/0127:19> »
Personally I would allow the standard modifications as long as they made sense and not where to bulky. And primarily internal stuff I think.
An yes, you should probably have both skills.

By RAW it shouldn't be allowed though I think:
All cyberguns are preequipped with smartgun systems (p. 322). Laser sights, silencers, and sound suppressors are also available; other weapon accessories (like gas-vent systems) cannot be installed.
SR4A p. 344.
It should be noted that modifications arent mentioned but they are new in augmentation, and by the quote a few upgrades are allowed.

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #2 on: <03-23-12/0943:59> »
By that quote, you could have modifications, but not external accessories. T
Accepted terminology implies internal mods are okay, unless Augmentation or SR4a has errata to clarify. I'd still limit what kinds of mods, just because I can't justify a powered stock for a cybergun.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #3 on: <03-26-12/0105:23> »
Yes but written before Arsenal so modifications didn't excist and therefore is not mentioned in the quote.
Personally I would allow reasonable modifications (no big or overly complicated ones).

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #4 on: <03-26-12/1026:45> »
What about not run of the mill Cyber-Guns?
So for example a Burst-Fire-Capable combat Shotgun as Cyber-Implant-Gun?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Register