NEWS

Sniper/Mage is it possable

• 83 Replies

K_killn

• Newb
« Reply #75 on: <03-18-12/1910:09> »
Yea a little is ok I guess but I only want things that will make me more accurate I proubaly won't need any thing to make me stronger or anything like that but I'm open to suggestions since I've never made a PC like this before

Crash_00

« Reply #76 on: <03-19-12/1039:26> »
Well, you don't need the smartlink to be internal. You can just toss it into a pair of glasses/contacts/goggles and be good. Muscle Toner (Bioware augmentation for Agility) would make you more accurate.

You can do the same thing with the Increase Attribute (Agility) spell effectively, but you'd want a sustaining focus so you don't take penalties for using it. Of course, on the upside the spell would let you do it to others also if you were in a situation where their expertise is more important to you (like boosting the ninjas agility to tumble through the alarm's laser grid), but depending on how high their attributes are this might not be viable (if they're maxed or high enough that it would require ridiculous force/hits to raise).

Enhanced Aim can quicken the process of sniping (it reduces the range category by one per hit, meaning a force 3 with three hits will make extreme range shots act like short range shots) by negating the need to use a take aim action for imaging scopes. It, likewise, can be used on team mates to boost their abilities as well as your own, but you'd probably want a sustaining foci for it to be too awfully useful.

Depending on how much your GM tacks on penalties, Hawkeye can be useful for acquiring targets and seeing them well enough to use your LOS spells.

Spatial Sense can be useful for doing recon and finding a good spot to post up that is secure and well hidden (and for keeping nasty surprises from popping up.

Area Though Recognition can be nice for quickly scanning a crowd to figure out if you've been noticed/are being tailed after the job.

Catfall (or Levitate or Slow from war) can help get out of position fast, if you take up posts with a height advantage like most snipers.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #77 on: <03-19-12/1117:56> »
Or you can use gear to get you out of the perch (or keep you in it while you're there). You know where people often forget to look for snipers? The underside of high objects like bridges, ledges, and other such things. Also, a Wingsuit (and some Parachuting skill) combined with Improved Invisibility means you can do an invisible flying squirrel routine from your perch, even while people are scanning the area looking for where the shot came from. Bioware and spells are good, but don't forget some of the simpler solutions to making your life easier.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

K_killn

• Newb
« Reply #78 on: <03-19-12/1127:40> »
Or you can use gear to get you out of the perch (or keep you in it while you're there). You know where people often forget to look for snipers? The underside of high objects like bridges, ledges, and other such things. Also, a Wingsuit (and some Parachuting skill) combined with Improved Invisibility means you can do an invisible flying squirrel routine from your perch, even while people are scanning the area looking for where the shot came from. Bioware and spells are good, but don't forget some of the simpler solutions to making your life easier.

That reminds me of a friend who took the Artemis Industries "Huntress" Crossbow and used it as a grappling hook that with an electric motor he could move up and down as a simple action I could proubaly use that

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #79 on: <03-19-12/1715:32> »
Quote from: Mirikon
Spells include Increase Reflexes (limited to self only), Improved Invisibility (limited to self only), Manabolt, Stunball, Heal, and others to fit. Trid Phantasm is a nice one for giving people a rabbit to chase while you get out of dodge.
Where's the rules found for limiting spells like this? I assume it lowers drain... but only reference I find for Limited Spells is in SR4A and that's about fetishes.
Or are those self-made spells, using the rules from Street Magic to change invisibility from LOS (+0 Drain)to Self-Only (-2 Drain)?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <03-19-12/1734:21> »
Using the rules in Street Magic, yes. You lose some versatility, but then how often is the mage casting things like Increase Reflexes on the other members of the party?

My Characters

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #81 on: <03-19-12/1757:28> »
Yeah, I actually always assumed they were self-only, never even considered the option of casting them on someone else.

Was just checking if I missed something, but I guess I didn't, means they're self-made spells and require GM-okay.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <03-19-12/1829:59> »
Naturally. But then, the character I first did that for also had a spell called Icebolt that was an ice-element version of Flamethrower, and a custom tradition.

My Characters

K_killn

• Newb
« Reply #83 on: <03-20-12/0004:03> »
I sent my gm a list of spells and things I might do he hasn't responded but I think he'll be all for it since he normally lets us make descent charecters but who knows

Register