NEWS

Is there an SR5 in the works?

• 244 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #210 on: <08-06-12/1454:53> »

Scary Canadian? Isn't that like Military Intelligence or Microsoft Works? ;)

Discuss federal politics with a member of BQ - you will know terror.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #211 on: <09-05-12/0048:15> »
Scary Canadian? Isn't that like Military Intelligence or Microsoft Works? ;)
Not when it's me.  ;D
Heh. See, I don't find CanRay remotely scary. Then again, I'm someone who enjoys driving on a hiway when it is bumper to bumper at 80 MPH, so...

Meh. They can't be worse than the Tea Party nutjobs I have to deal with down here. There's a difference between annoying idiots you don't want in power, and terror-inducing.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #212 on: <09-05-12/0154:42> »
Meh. They can't be worse than the Tea Party nutjobs I have to deal with down here. There's a difference between annoying idiots you don't want in power, and terror-inducing.[/quote]That depends on if the BQ in question is just a whack job that wants to leave Canada...  Or a former member of the FLQ trying to stay on the downlow and is a politician to seem like they're a legitimate and honest citizen now.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #213 on: <09-05-12/0437:17> »
Again, meh. There's plenty of people who were (and still are) extremist nutbags who run for (and sometimes gain) office. That doesn't scare me. Give me that over standing between Alabama-Auburn fans. Or worse, those idiots who follow Soccer in Europe or Latin America. THOSE people scare me worse than a few terrorists.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #214 on: <09-05-12/1123:01> »
I fear for my life every Banjo Bowl just in case I'm wearing the wrong colour clothing.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #215 on: <09-05-12/1147:52> »
BQ terrifying? Really?

Meh! FLQ days are over. Now it's the other way around, a federalist nutjob trying to assasinate our newly appointed Prime Minister. Proof that extremists appear in every idiology, every single one of them.
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #216 on: <09-05-12/1220:29> »
Seems like we Down Under got off light when Pauline Hanson & One Nation were trying to make waves.

Now if only we could get rid of Tony Abbott, the Tea Party-wannabe.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #217 on: <09-05-12/2053:11> »
BQ terrifying? Really?

Meh! FLQ days are over. Now it's the other way around, a federalist nutjob trying to assasinate our newly appointed Prime Minister. Proof that extremists appear in every idiology, every single one of them.

It's more the passion my BQ friends have in discussions that I was joking about  ;)
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #218 on: <09-05-12/2055:39> »
Meh. They can't be worse than the Tea Party nutjobs I have to deal with down here. There's a difference between annoying idiots you don't want in power, and terror-inducing.
I live in Missouri - we get Tea Party, White Supremacists and sundry varieties of WTF here.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #219 on: <09-06-12/0250:12> »
Seems like we Down Under got off light when Pauline Hanson & One Nation were trying to make waves.

Now if only we could get rid of Tony Abbott, the Tea Party-wannabe.

Yeah, she was just embarrising.  No, we seem fairly quiet in comparision to the US.  Abbot, a bit out there by our standards, is probably still a moderate in comparision to some of the american comparisions
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #220 on: <09-14-12/1708:37> »
Why is there RL politics being discussed?  This is an SR5 Speculation thread, not a place to discuss political opinions!!!
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #221 on: <09-14-12/2113:15> »
Why is there RL politics being discussed?  This is an SR5 Speculation thread, not a place to discuss political opinions!!!
The two are different?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #222 on: <09-15-12/0833:44> »
<moderator hat on>
Yes, they are CanRay. And if it continues, the thread will be locked.
</moderator hat off>

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #223 on: <09-15-12/0944:31> »
<moderator hat on>
Yes, they are CanRay. And if it continues, the thread will be locked.
</moderator hat off>

Thank you, FastJack!
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #224 on: <12-21-12/1026:40> »
With the announcement of SR5 for next year, will we get previews of any new mechanics in the new edition?

Oh, and what year will SR5 be set in as the 'default' year?  Me, I'm hoping for a twenty year jump.

What, IMO, would be a sort of "reset" for the setting: another Matrix crash, which causes all the wireless technologies to basically implode.  It would be cool that in the mass chaos of what happened, a new conspiracy to reunite the old U.S., and this time they're successful.

Or (borrowing a little from Star Wars), the MegaCorps engineer a nanovirus that attacks all the metatypes - causing a whole-new halocaust, with the end result, the destruction of all the AAA MegaCorps.

....Just some random thoughts.
« Last Edit: <12-21-12/1036:27> by Digital_Ragnarok »
- Tyrell, Bladerunner