NEWS

Drowning in Shadows [OOC]

• 261 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <01-31-12/0927:11> »
First personal IC is up, others are on the way. Feel free to respond, you can do whatever you see fit, handle the NPC reactions as well, just don't do anything serious. Just an average day in your character's life...

Oh, and describe what items you have with you! Keep in mind what is restricted on (or in) you and whether or not you have  license for it. If you want to buy a license, you can do it off-game from your starting money - because the KE presence is started 4 weeks ago, you had time to get one or two.

Just a question: do we have to buy a licence for every piece of R rated gear we own, or can we buy a licence for a profession, which comes with the approval to own several pieces of gear.  For instance a licenced bodyguard can carry heavier weapons and have some cybergear without needing to have a licence for each seperately.  Just so I know if I have to go through my list and buy a whole set of licences.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

AalithHUN

« Reply #121 on: <01-31-12/0933:45> »
You don't have to buy it piece by piece, just by category (cyberware, bioware, magic, firearms, melee weapons etc.) You can buy professional licenses but it only allows to masquerade as one of them, you still need to prove that you own a firearm legally (as in RL, detective license doesn't mean you can carry weapons)

AalithHUN

« Reply #122 on: <01-31-12/1007:54> »
You are right. What do you have in mind?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <01-31-12/1434:16> »
You don't have to buy it piece by piece, just by category (cyberware, bioware, magic, firearms, melee weapons etc.) You can buy professional licenses but it only allows to masquerade as one of them, you still need to prove that you own a firearm legally (as in RL, detective license doesn't mean you can carry weapons)

Then I don't think I need any new ones:  I have three licences already on my sheet, one for magic, one for firearms and one I hadn't put exactly, so that I put as melee weapons (my katana).  the magic one should cover my foci and the rest of my gear either I don't need one or it's F and without licence.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

AalithHUN

« Reply #124 on: <01-31-12/1521:30> »
Site slowing, tomorrow will bring new IC posts :)
Patient needs surgery, didn't have one yet.
Nina worked in a hospital because she was needed there more then on the streets. Now it's calmed down a little, so she can go back on her "regular" kind of work tomorrow.

AalithHUN

« Reply #125 on: <02-01-12/1413:49> »
Kour! Have you rolled starting money yet? If not, please do and post!

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #126 on: <02-01-12/1426:12> »
Kour! Have you rolled starting money yet? If not, please do and post!
8000¥+6000¥
will edit a post on the first page so i always have my char sheet on hand
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

AalithHUN

« Reply #127 on: <02-01-12/1430:03> »
Don't. As soon as everyone's ready, I'm going to delete this one and make a new OOC. On the first page of that, everyone can post theirs.

If you wanna buy fake SIN(s) or licenses from your starting money, now is the time!

And Nina, Mike! Make surprise tests and normal INI-s please.

Sammy, don't forget to pay up.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #128 on: <02-01-12/1455:37> »
Don't. As soon as everyone's ready, I'm going to delete this one and make a new OOC. On the first page of that, everyone can post theirs.

If you wanna buy fake SIN(s) or licenses from your starting money, now is the time!

And Nina, Mike! Make surprise tests and normal INI-s please.

Sammy, don't forget to pay up.
Can I go above Availability, game terms?
or do CG rules still apply?
P.s. updated Omae and the shape spell is Silicon, as for electronics  ;D
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

AalithHUN

« Reply #129 on: <02-01-12/1535:24> »
I think 12 is enough for now.
What did you update? Already marked your sheet as created. Is it important?

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #130 on: <02-01-12/1617:24> »
Aalith, may Mike react upon Ravier? Based on the Surprise roll, I don't think he should, but I want to be sure before posting...

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #131 on: <02-02-12/0136:18> »
Just a short post for now.  I'll deduct the money tonight, as I don't have chummer at work.  Actually I'm supposed to work around here.  :o

AalithHUN

« Reply #132 on: <02-02-12/0429:55> »
Netz! He can react to, but not against. You can rise your hands, step out, turn reflexes on and such.

Sichr! When Nina entered the elevator, there was only Mike inside.

Mike is not wearing Form-Fitting Armor(it would be awkward during a medical exam), and neither his Greatcoat, since he thinks the weather does not call for it and he is not "working" right now. The only weapon he has with him right now is his Yamaha Pulsar (Miyoshi), and he is carrying no spare clips for it. Apart from his commlink, there's nothing worth noting on his person right now.

AalithHUN

« Reply #133 on: <02-02-12/0517:36> »
I'm not 100% sure how concealability works. Some could enlighten me? There are + and - modifiers but what's the threshold in  a perception test? And you can only hide items if you have palming? Anyway, it's a taser and he has a very good palming, so I don't think that from one glance, you can that easily tell if he's armed. Waiting for opinions.

To determine if someone notices a worn or carried item, make a
Perception Test and apply a Concealability dice pool modifier as ap-propriate to the item. The Concealability Table (below) lists a selec-tion of items and the standard modifiers that apply. If a character is
intentionally trying to hide something, treat this as an Opposed Test
against the concealing character’s Palming + Agility Test.

AalithHUN

« Reply #134 on: <02-02-12/0922:49> »
Yes, you are right, but what's a success? Against a threshold of what? I mean you are not suggesting that if you score 1 success with a -6 modifier, then you can spot an RFID tag in someone's concealed pocket, do you?

On p. 136, the threshold for small objects is 3, for normal is 2.

That's for later usage. Now, let's say that you scored enough hits to suspect that he is armed, or at least he's capable of defending himself somehow (that vibe of confidence :) )

Register