NEWS

What would you play if you can't play Shadowrun?

• 76 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #45 on: <01-26-12/1108:46> »
Have you seen the novel by Captain Robert Brown?     http://amzn.to/x9Tu17
...and I bet there's more news about this world coming soon...  *giddy*
Yes, no bookstore in town even knows it exists.  I'll have to *Shudders* order it from the USA.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #46 on: <02-22-12/1754:58> »
Wu Shu Open, DnD 3.5, Dark Heresy and Exalted it seems. It's a bit strange asking me this, since I'm not actually in any Shadowrun games at present. Then again, I'd play anything as long as the group can stay together for an appreciable length of time.

Actually in a few nights, I might be able to get a group to let me GM a Game of Wu Shu for them. Though I foresee some serious authority one problems with one player.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Ugh

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <02-23-12/1935:27> »
SLA Industries if I could find someone to run it.  I love the concept, but IMO the books are poorly laid out so I can't blame people for not wanting to run it.

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #48 on: <02-23-12/2355:48> »
Pathfinder, Night's Edge Cyberpunk, MechWarrior, Vampire: The Masqurade (Requiem, if it's a larp), OGL Steampunk. A lot of the time we're playtesting our own products.
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

bigdamndm1986

• Newb
« Reply #49 on: <04-10-12/1100:19> »
i would play the cyberpunk variant edge of darkness. they brought magic, vampires, and such into their setting. or deadlands is a good one to.
geek the mage first

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <04-15-12/1238:38> »
L5R is already mentioned and I can support that choice.
Another good one I think is Alternity.  Not for sale anymore unfortunately (except on e-bay and such-like), but it's a very customizable system.  The basic settings are stardrive (SF) and dark matter (X-files like contemporary setting), but the system is very versatile so you can do about anything with it.  Also quite deadly (realistic as one pistol shot can easily kill your character) but the idea is to finesse your way to a solution and not battle your way there.

I've also played D&D, Vampire dark ages (old WOD), Mage (new WOD), Deathwatch, Exalted, Star Wars (D6 as I don't like the D20 system), Star Trek and many more.  I think that you can do just about anything, as long as you and your group agree.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #51 on: <04-18-12/0122:05> »
Earthdawn, Warhammer Fantasy or 40K, Fireborn, Ars Magica...

Rasmus

SLA Industries is also very cool. and I forgot WoD on my initial list above.

When I finish my Earthdawn group we are going to play Tatters of the King (Call) with my wife as the GM.
And after that I have been talked into running an Exalted campaign.

We play Starwars D20 2-4 times each year and we are going to play Shadowrun real soon where I will be a part-time GM.
We also play Rifts 2-3 times each year and with another group we will maybe start playing some Sabbat vampire.

And then there are the one shots from time to time. Last month one of my old friends visited from Germany and we convinced him to tun a Werewolf the Forsaken adventure. Great fun.

Not bad at all  ;D

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

golan2072

• Newb
  • Dwarf Tech-Wiz
« Reply #52 on: <05-21-12/0837:59> »
I love Traveller, which is a good semi-hard-sci-fi ruleset. Right now it is published by Mongoose Publishing and even has an SRD under the OGL.

DanJ

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <05-21-12/2039:24> »
Rogue Trader, Eclipse Phase

Morg

« Reply #54 on: <05-26-12/1627:12> »
Some people need a little help when deciding, do remember to provide them with a guide for game choices.  ;D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #55 on: <05-26-12/1651:07> »
Deadlands:  Noir...  When it comes out.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Hermes

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <05-27-12/1147:50> »
I ran the D&D 5th Edition play test session on the Unshaped server last thursday.  I'm going to say that Wizards is finally going in the right direction, although it would have been nice if EGG stayed alive long enough for Wizards to contract him to help with D&D 5th Edition.

NinthSphere

• Chummer
« Reply #57 on: <05-28-12/0431:54> »
Well, I'm actually playing D&D4E when I'm not running SR4E, but I would probably play (or more likely gm) Eclipse Phase or Mouse Guard. Hell, I might do that anyway come Fall.

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #58 on: <06-06-12/2311:17> »
I'm planning to switch to Far West in the winter or alternate.
Andrew Grim

qazcake

• Newb
« Reply #59 on: <06-08-12/1558:31> »
D20 modern due to my dislike of fantisy settings.