NEWS

Snes shadowrun

• 10 Replies

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« on: <01-03-12/1705:12> »
I'm sure everyone on here has played it but what floored me when I played it was how little sense it made until I did what the guy on youtube did. I was wondering if anyone on here either played it when it came out orrrrr finished the game with no walk through. If you didn't need a walk through you obviously aren't human or metahuman
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <01-03-12/1913:09> »
I beat it without a walkthrough.

You see, we didn't have the Internet back then, and...  Well, I just kept poking around.

The Genesis game, OTOH, that confused the hell out of me, and I had to wait until Dial-up came about to get the walkthrough.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-03-12/1920:52> »
Because before we had dial up we had fire  ;)
HACK THE PLANET
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #3 on: <01-03-12/2005:11> »
Because before we had dial up we had fire  ;)
Acoustic Couplers, actually.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-03-12/2011:39> »
hahahaha ;D
HACK THE PLANET

Fatal Error

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-03-12/2127:38> »
Oddly enough, playing the SNES Shadowrun game was what first got me into Shadowrun as a PnP game back then. I played the Snes game maybe a few months after it came out and spent a ridiculous number of hours playing it side-by-side with a friend of mine in early 1994 (I think....). He and I often used to "team-play" RPG style game back then. Whomever hadn't been playing at the time was tasked with reading the manual and trying to think of anything the person play wasn't doing at the time. All interspersed with shouting, drinking and various other distractions. You'd be surprised just how much it can help having another perspective involved that has been along for the ride most/all of the time you've been playing.

That being said, I beat the game without any kind of walkthrough but it did take a ton of saving and reloading when everything went wonky/everyone started dying.

The main thing is, most console game back then didn't give you many hints as to what you had to do and were typically rather merciless with your survivability. Miss one of the Code Words (or whatever the game called them)...go back around, to every area you've been to, talk to each and every person with each and every other Word you've learned in order to find the one you missed. Ugh, that sort of needle-in-a-haystack type search was utter tedious and annoying, but you certainly felt like you accomplished something once you beat the game.

The Sega Shadowrun game, OTOH....egads. Awesome game...but such a task to take on.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <01-03-12/2129:15> »
Especially when you're lost in the NAN Lands!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-03-12/2129:34> »
I wish I had memories like that!
HACK THE PLANET

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <01-03-12/2132:06> »
I wish I had memories like that!
Better to have memories with your buddies around a kitchen table rolling dice.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

theKernel

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-03-12/2137:13> »
Thats what I've got!
HACK THE PLANET

Fatal Error

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <01-03-12/2149:22> »
Especially when you're lost in the NAN Lands!

Bandersnatches...bandersnatches everywhere!!

Register