NEWS

Favorite piece of Gear

• 341 Replies

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #30 on: <09-07-10/0519:35> »
With all the talk about guns I feel the need to say something about my personal favorite piece of equipment. The oft forgotten and much under estimate knife. It's a tool, weapon, eating utensil, and best of all it never runs out of bullets/batteries. It can't be hacked and it never jams.  ;)

Listens to the sound advice from the wise sage.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #31 on: <09-07-10/0521:05> »
Some of my favorite gear...

Multi-tool
Mini-flashlight w/ IR LED illuminators
Waterproof stormproof lighter
White Noise Generator
Ceramic punch knife
4 oz. squeeze bottle filled w/ mixture of LV CryoOil & powdered teflon (1/3 surface tension of water: guaranteed to be loads of fun on smooth floors as you are running away from the security guards)

Love that last one!
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Inverse

• Newb
  • Fireball!
« Reply #32 on: <09-07-10/0537:07> »
I do my fair share of mojo-slnging, and even have a lighting spell in my repertoire. But you just can't beat the good, old-fashioned flashlight. Outdated? Slightly. Conspicuous? Definitely. Useless? Oh ye of little imagination.

It's multiple uses include (but are by no means limited to) the following:
Lighting up a dark area
Code speaking
Blindness inducing device
Improvised club slapstick comedy devicel
Improvised concussion inducing device
Flashlight tag (Great as one of those "WTF are they doing?" distractions, and pretty darn funny)
Oh, source of all power, light which burns beyond crimson, let thy power gather in my hand.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #33 on: <09-07-10/0849:44> »
4 oz. squeeze bottle filled w/ mixture of LV CryoOil & powdered teflon (1/3 surface tension of water: guaranteed to be loads of fun on smooth floors as you are running away from the security guards)
Did you just give us a scientific version of the Grease spell?

AWESOME.

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <09-07-10/1005:45> »
Posted by: Inverse

I do my fair share of mojo-slnging, and even have a lighting spell in my repertoire. But you just can't beat the good, old-fashioned flashlight. Outdated? Slightly. Conspicuous? Definitely. Useless? Oh ye of little imagination.

It's multiple uses include (but are by no means limited to) the following:
Lighting up a dark area
Code speaking
Blindness inducing device
Improvised club slapstick comedy devicel
Improvised concussion inducing device
Flashlight tag (Great as one of those "WTF are they doing?" distractions, and pretty darn funny)

Good, from now on I won't underestimate the good ol' flashlight ;), those are good ways to use it, love the "WTF are they doing?" distraction usage XD
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #35 on: <09-07-10/1019:24> »
For teh moment my favorite gear is my AA16. I'm looking forward to upgrading to a Panther XXL in the future. ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <09-07-10/1156:14> »
Oddly enough, I really like the squirt guns.

Ares SuperSquirt (TM) + DMSO + [insert drug of choice here] = hilarity!

Hijinks ensue...
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Tex Muldoon

• Newb
  • Just squeeezzee the trigger?
« Reply #37 on: <09-07-10/1218:40> »
A pair of deputies. Quick draw holsters hung low on the hip. Custom look so they know the next time they see them to run like hell, and the Gecko hands bioware doesn't hurt either.
"You don't shoot til the can hits the ground" Snake Pliskin

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #38 on: <09-07-10/1236:04> »
Wired Reflexes when you absolutely positively have to draw first and you gotta do it on a budget.  +
Ares Predator in quick draw holster modded for burst fire with some recoil comp,smartlink and custom grips.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-07-10/1337:38> »
Did you just give us a scientific version of the Grease spell?

AWESOME.

The best that I have come up with at least.

Better Shadowrunning through chemistry!
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

« Reply #40 on: <09-07-10/1356:38> »
Hacking: Use a RFID tag as a router/decrypter so that when they come looking for you in the food court they beat the heck out of some corporate drone sitting 20 meters away.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #41 on: <09-07-10/1601:37> »
I like grenades.  Of all kinds.  I use them for everything.  Attacks, distractions, door-making, 'interrogation' aides, escape hatch 'constructors' (stairs are for pansies, grenades can make nice drop holes in floors), everything.  I drop them through vents, toss them out car windows, reverse pickpocket them onto people, pack cheap drones full of them for use as kamikazes.  They're easier to conceal, carry, and set up than explosives and can be just as effective.  And they're more versatile.  You can't load explosives full of aerosolized hallucinogens and toss them at CorpSec.

I also love Bust-A-Moves.  Those cheap pieces of crap can be modded in so many useful ways it's disgusting.  I've used them as spies, bombs, killbots, distractions, everything.

I also enjoy tossing low-end commlinks around or into weird places to give hackers extra range.

Tex Muldoon

• Newb
  • Just squeeezzee the trigger?
« Reply #42 on: <09-07-10/1623:57> »
Wired Reflexes when you absolutely positively have to draw first and you gotta do it on a budget.  +
Ares Predator in quick draw holster modded for burst fire with some recoil comp,smartlink and custom grips.

There is just something about meeting up some Corpsec who thinks he is top draw and playing by Bangkok rules. Trying doing it with a drake I lost my favorite coat that way.
"You don't shoot til the can hits the ground" Snake Pliskin

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <09-07-10/1901:36> »
Posted by: Dead Monky

I like grenades.  Of all kinds.  I use them for everything.  Attacks, distractions, door-making, 'interrogation' aides, escape hatch 'constructors' (stairs are for pansies, grenades can make nice drop holes in floors), everything.  I drop them through vents, toss them out car windows, reverse pickpocket them onto people, pack cheap drones full of them for use as kamikazes.  They're easier to conceal, carry, and set up than explosives and can be just as effective.  And they're more versatile.  You can't load explosives full of aerosolized hallucinogens and toss them at CorpSec.

I also love Bust-A-Moves.  Those cheap pieces of crap can be modded in so many useful ways it's disgusting.  I've used them as spies, bombs, killbots, distractions, everything.

I also enjoy tossing low-end commlinks around or into weird places to give hackers extra range.

Never thought about doing that with the commlinks, thanks :P
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #44 on: <09-07-10/2014:55> »

Now some of that sounds fun while others (the commlink) sounds usefull.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers