NEWS

Dragons / Matrix

• 10 Replies

webRat

• Newb
« on: <10-08-11/0909:42> »
Since Dragons are in the game and some of them are actual CEOs of corps and such, how would they get online? I'm assuming they can't have implants, even in human form. My assumption is they would have to interface with an external commlink and AR gloves and such, but IMO that would only allow them to see meatspace/RFID spam and not necessarily dump them on the matrix.

Alternatively, how would you get someone that wasn't magic-enabled into astral space? Artifact?
« Last Edit: <10-08-11/0912:09> by webRat »

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-08-11/0911:43> »
Trodes.  That's how most use them these days.
Living the Electronic Dream

webRat

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-08-11/0913:05> »
I found it in Unwired, page 35. Thanks
« Last Edit: <10-08-11/0920:27> by webRat »

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-08-11/0927:54> »
there's a statement somewhere that one of them actually has a very complicated (RAW: Deltaware) Datajack

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-08-11/1031:28> »
Eliohann, aka Cerberus. Street Legends, pp. 120-23

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <10-08-11/1119:49> »
there's a statement somewhere that one of them actually has a very complicated (RAW: Deltaware) Datajack
It should also be noted that Eliohann's datajack was EXTREMELY "out there" and they haven't been able replicate it since. And as of Crash 2.0, Eliohann's a Matrix entity, disconnected from his body.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #6 on: <10-08-11/1331:10> »
It should also be noted that Eliohann's datajack was EXTREMELY "out there" and they haven't been able replicate it since. And as of Crash 2.0, Eliohann's a Matrix entity, disconnected from his body.

The one from the old SR adventure obsesses with jacking in and unbeknownst to the corporate employees he owned the company? I forgot his name. So he is an AI now? Wow....

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <10-08-11/1346:18> »
IIRC, they used to surf the Matrix using magic to read the mind of someone else with a datajack...  But that just might be another blow to the head talking.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <10-08-11/2131:03> »

The one from the old SR adventure obsesses with jacking in and unbeknownst to the corporate employees he owned the company? I forgot his name. So he is an AI now? Wow....
Yes, that's him.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #9 on: <10-08-11/2146:41> »
I so wanted to play those adventures.   :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #10 on: <10-08-11/2207:58> »
I so wanted to play those adventures.   :'(

Heh, I have that adventure slated to be run about 3 months from now, assuming all adventures take ~2 sessions as usual.