NEWS

Starting a new online game. New players welcome!

• 39 Replies

VileTerror

• Newb
  • Anti-Villain
« Reply #15 on: <08-06-11/2336:44> »
There is a Java dice roller applet for older versions of Skype, though they removed support for it in newer versions.
There is, of course, also:  https://dicelog.com/  Very handy, that.

If you're still looking for more interested players, I'd be curious to learn more.  I've been GMing Dark Heresy games through Skype (mostly text-based, though we've done a few VOIP sessions).  If you'd like any tidbits I've learnt over the years, I'd be more than happy to share.  GMing pure-text Skype games can be quite a bit different from GMing in person or through VOIP.

Faber Sabbrin

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <08-08-11/0933:31> »
Hey all.
I do hope I am not to late.
I just found out about this game and am feeling very excited. I have never played it and would need some serious guidance but am a pretty fast learner. I have played a bit of D&D, though I do not know how similar this may be. I think my schedule for this would work out nicely. Is having a total Newb something you are opposed to?
cheers.
Alex

Night Shade

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <08-08-11/2004:38> »
Hi if it not to late I would like to sine up for the game. I played online before with a friend who could not be hear in person we used windows live messager with video I like it better then useing automatic dice rollers.

BSOD

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <08-09-11/1857:56> »
If you've got space for any more, I'd love a space in your game. Fair warning though I've only ever GM'd Shadowrun, never played.  ;)

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <08-11-11/1659:12> »
Oi, is there still room in this or no?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-12-11/1101:01> »
I don't think  that it has ever started up... :-\

AJC

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #21 on: <08-12-11/1458:01> »
Out of curiosity, who all is still interested in this? If Squeakers has vanished, maybe someone else can pick up the GM ball. I know that I'm not really getting my SR fix, and I'm beginning to get a mite twitchy.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <08-12-11/1504:05> »
I am very interested in playing...not GMing unfortunately (at least yet).

AJC

BSOD

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <08-12-11/1536:46> »
I'm still interested and I can GM, although since this is a system I've only ever GM'd before, I'd prefer not to this time.

VileTerror

• Newb
  • Anti-Villain
« Reply #24 on: <08-12-11/1702:17> »
I don't mean to hijack the thread or the original GM's offer, but if none of us hear from ol' Squeak by the 15th, I'd be up for sharing my Skype handle with all of you, and we can discuss starting up a group.  I feel comfortable taking a GM position.

BSOD

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <08-12-11/1841:50> »
By the looks of it there's enough people to run another group, even if Squeak has been eaten by the creatures that lurk within the internet

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <08-13-11/1609:06> »
I'd still be up for it.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Neurosis

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <08-13-11/1717:17> »
I'm down. I don't have teh skypes, I could download it, but I don't have a derwebbenkamera. I could participate via text, though.

Give to me your skype handle.

(If anyone knows any better venues or tools for online play, speak up now.)

VileTerror

• Newb
  • Anti-Villain
« Reply #28 on: <08-13-11/1922:07> »
There are plenty of online tools available, some even custom-tailored to Shadowrun.  I just have a personal preference for Skype, and I actually keep my games strictly textual.  I've suffered way too many complications and headaches from trying to do VOIP or webcam sessions, as I've had players all over the world, and that causes some very serious desynchronization.
I personally recommend version 3.8 of Skype ( http://www.filehippo.com/download_skype/4911/ ), as it can run a Java dice roller applet, which support for was removed in later versions.  Still, most dice rolling in my online games takes place through:  https://dicelog.com

Neurosis

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <08-13-11/1939:59> »
That's cool VT but how bout that skype handle brah? : )