NEWS

very wierd question

• 12 Replies

Tex Muldoon

• Newb
  • Just squeeezzee the trigger?
« on: <06-27-11/0200:51> »
where would one find info on pistol whipping?
"You don't shoot til the can hits the ground" Snake Pliskin

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #1 on: <06-27-11/0207:08> »
SR4 p.158

Pistol/Rifle Butt (Clubs)

Edit: Just realized that I should probably avoid posting rules text from a chart.
« Last Edit: <06-27-11/0211:57> by Onion Man »
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #2 on: <06-27-11/1133:05> »
*WAP*  :o
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <06-27-11/2011:54> »
Also known as "The gentle art of wrapping a barrel around a idiot's head."  Even if you typically use the pistol grip.

Wyatt Earp was infamous for it, and "Melee Hardening" can be found in Arsenal if you want to ensure you don't damage your firearm.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-27-11/2125:28> »
Always lead with the butt end.  You go smacking someone with the barrel and you can get things all out o' whack.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #5 on: <06-27-11/2127:14> »
Also, as someone that's on a group I'm on pointed out, never use a pistol with a plastic grip.  They break far too easily.

He's switching from his Glock to a Cold M1911A1 after a wrecked weapon after a pistol whip.  Also why I think the AR-15/M-16 family could have used something better than fiberglass.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #6 on: <06-28-11/0024:52> »
On a side note one of my players in a deadlands game refers to his repeated pistol whippings as buffalo bobbing. Even had his pistol grip embossed with the name.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <06-28-11/0027:21> »
On a side note one of my players in a deadlands game refers to his repeated pistol whippings as buffalo bobbing. Even had his pistol grip embossed with the name.
Considering that it was known as both "Buffaloing" and "Bobbing" at that time, that makes perfect sense.

People also referred to knots on their heads from such blows as "Earps", IIRC.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Tex Muldoon

• Newb
  • Just squeeezzee the trigger?
« Reply #8 on: <06-29-11/0114:50> »
thanks a player is wanting to use Firefight martial arts and wanted to know the damage.
"You don't shoot til the can hits the ground" Snake Pliskin

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <06-29-11/0139:24> »
thanks a player is wanting to use Firefight martial arts and wanted to know the damage.
Remember to turn the guns sideways so you look cooler.  :P

"They put the sights on top for a reason" - Frank Castle

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crash_00

« Reply #10 on: <06-29-11/1932:47> »
Just remember not to mount sights along the side on the slide.

I had a buddy that for some very very very stupid reason decided to mount red scope on the blowback bolt of his paintball gun. He's lucky he just got a black eye from it, but it always made me sad that anyone would be that stupid (I mean who puts a scope on a paintball gun anyway, they arn't that accurate to begin with).
I mean its bad enough when hunting season starts every year and all the new hunters walk around with black eyes for first week from getting to close the scopes on their rifles. Then again, I'm one of those silly people that stops and thinks about things for a whole two seconds before doing them.

As for the pistol whipping, is their anyway to make the pommel of the pistols shock like a taser does? I suddenly feel that this is a very needed modification/accessory.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <06-29-11/1936:38> »
Stun Baton Bayonet Mount?

Have it as part of the "Security System" in the pistol?

Have non-conductive cyberhands and just have an electric charge go through your firearm constantly?  (Don't worry about those bullets, they'll fire themselves!  :P )

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crash_00

« Reply #12 on: <06-29-11/2033:29> »
Well for Rifles and SMGs I know you can do the under barrel weapon for a stun baton (one of the WAR! Ares rifles has that).

On a pistol I would think that having it shock through the bottom of the grip or pommel (on a gun that doesn't have the Magazine there obviously) would be easiest and just have the bits that your hand actually comes into contact with be wrapped in non-conductive material/rubberized grips. Of course I would think that setting it up to be on command through the PAN would be much better than having it always on, but that's the logical side of my GM nature.

Rules wise its not really overpowered to me, I mean after all you can get the affect through shock gloves just as easy, its mostly just flavor.

Register